PS4 - Round 4 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix - 4th November 2018 [8:00pm (UK time)] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 4 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix - 4th November 2018 [8:00pm (UK time)]

Carbon

F1 Multiple Champion
Jul 4, 2016
I got annoyed with the notifications popping up every 3 seconds with people chatting about laps they did in the lobby together. just annoyed me so i left the chat being dealing with some issues at home and wasnt in the mood. did not know that it would offend people because i left
We weren't offended mate we just thought you might have left the league or something.

F1Scotgolf

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
nah just the chat hahaha im a glutten for punishment ill be here to the end of the season

JimiRäikkönen

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 4, 2018
Well this wasn't my day. Feeling quite mad right now :rolleyes: I was suprised that i managed to drive Pole in qualifying but driving on wet conditions isn't definitely my strength. I accidentally locked my brakes in the second turn and that mistake resulted DNF on the first lap... better luck next week I guess.

DietzgLa2003

Pro Karter
Aug 15, 2018
Race report:

Qualifying: Started P13. I was on a pretty good lap on the last run but I had a DRS failure in the penultimate corner so I lost about 3-4 tenths there. I probably would've been on P10 without that failure.

Race: I was really surprised by the rain. I didn't even do a single lap in the rain. I had too much wheel spin at the start so I spun on the straight and damaged my front wing. I pitted for a new front wing and immediately run into the runoff area in turn 2. Hit the wall again on that lap so I had to pit again. I already got lapped at the beginning of the third lap. I then drove a few clean laps but crashed on lap 9 and was out of the race.

I think my pace isn't even that bad but I need to be more focused. I didn't finish the two races that i started. I'm hoping for some points in Spain!

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
QF 2nd. Made a few mistakes that cost me pole.

Race DNF. My first ever DNF in AOR. Not good. Need to get back at the front in Spain.

Congrats to @MrRobinhx on your first ever AOR win. Brilliant stuff!

Carbon

F1 Multiple Champion
Jul 4, 2016
Quali 3rd - Decent lap but way off my practice pace.

Race 6th - Mistake after mistake in the wet after doing no wet practice so was stuck with my dry setup. Happy to salvage 8pts and hopefully I can be back up the front in Spain.

Well done to Robin, Nick and Chris on the podium!

See you all in Spain! :)

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Quali....6th
Used my wet tt setup which I'd never tried in the dry (or light rain) and shocked to get as high as 6th with 193 stop speed!

Race....3rd (again)
So not having done any practise in light rain conditions, I wasn't expecting much from this race. Problem on lap 2. Someone punted me into the wall and I got wing damage. Took it easy for the next 10 laps trying to keep out of trouble but only had decent pace once I'd pitted. By then the leaders were 30 seconds ahead and we all traded fastest laps. With 6 to go I wasn't catching them so coasted to end. A stressfull race in those conditions so well done to all that got to the end. Congrats to @MrRobinhx and @Nick-1054

Looks like the league table is going to be very close after this one?

Reactions: Carbon

F1Scotgolf

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q14th on run 1 of SS was going 1.4 seconds i think quicker on second run but i had a tank slapper going round the fast left hand corners and lost my wing so had to abandon that run didnt check the weather so didnt use US my mistake lol

R took it easy on first few laps avioding trouble and by the time we spaced out leaders were long gone and the rest of the race was trying to pass salvio pitted early as after i got past him first time i clipped the wall lost some wing came out in p9 chasing limaro then gained a few positions once he retired was gaining on carbon and someone else but i made to many mistakes of locking up and just thankful that baku has run off areas at the corners otherwise i would not have made the end passed salvio again on the straight going on to the last lap but he lost it wasnt sure if i clipped him or not as he spun out on the straight but after reviewing my livestream i dont think i did then at turn 2 i locked up and drove straight AGAIN lol managed to make the pass stick a few corners later tho as im sure salvio had wing damage.

Happy to score first points of the season but not happy at the amount of mistakes i made i could have secured a top 5 this week if it were not for bloody lock ups

Carbon

F1 Multiple Champion
Jul 4, 2016
Quali....6th
Used my wet tt setup which I'd never tried in the dry (or light rain) and shocked to get as high as 6th with 193 stop speed!

Race....3rd (again)
So not having done any practise in light rain conditions, I wasn't expecting much from this race. Problem on lap 2. Someone punted me into the wall and I got wing damage. Took it easy for the next 10 laps trying to keep out of trouble but only had decent pace once I'd pitted. By then the leaders were 30 seconds ahead and we all traded fastest laps. With 6 to go I wasn't catching them so coasted to end. A stressfull race in those conditions so well done to all that got to the end. Congrats to @MrRobinhx and @Nick-1054

Looks like the league table is going to be very close after this one?
Definately I think there is only a few points seperating the top 4!

Reactions: chris130256

F1Scotgolf

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Due to the retirements I'm bemused why we didn't see the safety car last evening.

F1Scotgolf

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Going to put some time into this game now get myself up higher in standings. Been split on where I spend my free time now focusing solely on f1 should get a little quicker (hopefully)

Carbon

F1 Multiple Champion
Jul 4, 2016
I must say this is turning out to be a great season! Drivers Championship is very very close and 4 different winners in 4 races!

We could even see a 5th in Spain? Whatever happens it's set to be an exciting season, sort of 2012-esque so I can't wait as to what the next 17 races bring us! :)

louielouie50

Formula Karter
Sep 13, 2018
Quali: 13th - forgot to check the weather so only used the SS expecting a good race strategy. Um...

Race: DNF (10th) - got a slow start which meant when someone span my team in front of me I badly damaged my front wing. The first of three new ones throughout the race!

I carried on lapping in 56/57s but every three laps or so would run wide and have to reverse. Was running on my own in 9th on lap 21 when it was mistake two many and I smashed into a wall after spinning at T1. In short, I need to practice a lot more in the wet!

On to Spain...

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Qualification: P5
Race: DNF

Pre-Race Interview: I wasn't sure what to expect at Baku. I completed some practice races, but they were on my old wheel/pedal setup. My new Fanatec wheel base, pedals, and F1 wheel showed up at my door Friday night and I couldn't resist using them. Like a whole different world compared to the Logitech G29. However, it took some time to get used to the feel of the new setup. Baku has slowly grown on me with each season. Wasn't expecting much during the race, but my goal was to simply enjoy the drive and see what happens.

Qualification: The initial plan was to sit out quali due to a wet race for all 26 laps; start at the back and away from any trouble. However, it seemed other drivers had the same idea, so I wouldn't have ended up in the pack anyway. Initially I went out for a recon lap to make sure everything was working correctly with the new wheel and pedals. Later I went out for two hot laps to see what result would happen. I was shocked to see a P5! Much better than expected, and it would put me ahead of the mid-field. Interesting...

Strategy: With it being a wet race from lights to flag, the plan was a simple 1-stop, Inters > Inters. Keep the extra fuel in for the long straights. That's where time could be made up. With the new setup and no wet practice I figured this race would with either a damn good result or a DNF. Onto the race!

LIGHTS OUT! (6:10) - Decent start off the line, however @Carbon remains stationary on the grid. Not trusting ghosting to take over I jump to the right to avoid contact. Make slight contact with @MrRobinhx entering Turn 1, but no damage done. I fall back to P7 heading towards Turn 2. The spray becomes blinding at this point! I try to stay off the racing line just so I can see where I'm going.

Lap 2 (8:30) - @Limaro Fipama heads into the pits and I attempt to overtake @chris130256 with Rich mix and Full ERS into Turn 1. Overcook it a bit and slide into his sidepod. COMPLETELY jack it up into Turn 2 trying to close the door on Chris and I slide straight into-the-barrier (Oh Noooo!) Badly damaged wing. Uggh... up to P4, but front-end grip is completely non-existent now. @Carbon takes full advantage for P4.

Lap 2 Continued (10:30) - Box box box! Need a new wing now. Fresh inters while I'm at it. I exit the pits in P11 with @Limaro Fipama a few seconds behind in P12. My goal now is to make up what I can and keep my wing intact.

Lap 4 (14:05) - Exiting Castle I light up the rears and tap the wall... yellow wing again.

Lap 10 (25:45) - My only hope was a ghost here @iej76

Lap 11 (27:05) - Lag spike and I nearly sharted myself @Salvo Failla :ROFLMAO:

Lap 11 Continued (28:40) - DNF... Before the long main straight I get way off the racing, dirty air, and go way too hot into the final turn. I slam hard into the wall and am now missing one wheel. I put my face into my hands and let out a long sigh. **** poor feeling. I don't DNF often. Is what it is.

*Time to spectate. Feel free to watch the final 2 laps! Damn good ending!*

Post - Race Interview: A DNF is unfortunate, but honestly, not very surprising. My own doing with the new setup and zero wet practice. However, I really enjoyed racing those 11 laps before destruction! Onto Spain!

Congrats to @MrRobinhx on your first AOR win!
Congrats to @Nick-1054 and @chris130256 on rounding out the podium!

MrRobinhx

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 14, 2017
Q: 7th
R: 1st

It was a crazy race. I have no idea it's gonna rain on the race. I manage to keep my head cool and had control in the wet conditions. I feel sorry for Nick who made the mistake in last lap, but incident happens. I was very happy for my first victory in AOR. It feels very good. Here is my highlight video.

Reactions: chris130256

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Due to the retirements I'm bemused why we didn't see the safety car last evening.
Was strange. Jason crashed out and was sat on the racing line coming into the main straight. How that’s not a safety car I don’t know. I end up crashing in the wall to avoid him and still no safety car lol

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
@MrRobinhx I love your race videos but they are ruined by you using the racing line. Now you've had a win why not join the rest of us not using the line. It will take a few hours of practise to get used to it but its a much better racing experience without the green yellow and red blocks all over the track.

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Was strange. Jason crashed out and was sat on the racing line coming into the main straight. How that’s not a safety car I don’t know. I end up crashing in the wall to avoid him and still no safety car lol
It was really odd with all the incidents that a SC or even VSC didn't occur. It was definitely set to 'ON' in the lobby.