Apr 3, 2018
Round 4 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 4th November 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Baku City Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

@GJoe_Breezy07
@nezehran
@AOR_all3ren

Last edited:

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
So what we expecting for a pole time?

advanceapple

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 11, 2017
maybe I will not be able to run because of a problem in my left arm. I hope I can get better tonight.

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
Absolutely pi**** at myself for crashing into the wall going into the main straight on lap 1. What a Rookie mistake. Can’t even drive anymore, it’s embarrassing. This run of bad luck has to end sometime. Really hoping I can come back strong next week and show what I really can do. **proceeds to throw tv off balcony**

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
Absolutely pi**** at myself for crashing into the wall going into the main straight on lap 1. What a Rookie mistake. Can’t even drive anymore, it’s embarrassing. This run of bad luck has to end sometime. Really hoping I can come back strong next week and show what I really can do. **proceeds to throw tv off balcony**

jomppalainen

S16 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 6, 2018
Ah ****, wasn't really sure where your car was going and tried to pass it on the inside but just about got squeezed into the wall in the end. Just a graze pretty much but was enough speed there for my front tire to fly off.

advanceapple

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 11, 2017
I summarize with a word the departure: embarrassing. at least those who triggered the accident admit their mistake. I hope that from this race onwards change approach to departure because this is the last warning I give you, then I start catapulting myself in the beginning ruining the races of others.

Reactions: KollnBrede

PedroPMF

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 11, 2017
I summarize with a word the departure: embarrassing. at least those who triggered the accident admit their mistake. I hope that from this race onwards change approach to departure because this is the last warning I give you, then I start catapulting myself in the beginning ruining the races of others.
I totally understand your frustation, but by crashing into others nothing will change, so just calm down a bit, you have been a bit unlucky, things will get better

PedroPMF

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 11, 2017
RACE REPORT
QUALIFYING: P3, happy with that, nothing to add
RACE: The video explains and summarises the race perfectly
On other notes I want to congrat @Jordy Lopez for the win and @xXVik-StarRxX and @SlimboDude for the podium. The race itself was really entertaining, intense and with good battling. Apart from that I am devastated. I can't believe how I have wasted such a good opportunity to get good points, probably a podium, maybe even a win. I feel like I have the pace to be really competitive, fighting at the front in most races, but I cant stop making mistakes left right and center. I am getting really far back in the standings and I simply think I could be a bit higher.
However, now I am more hungry than ever before to get a really good result. I know I said the same thing for Baku haha, but with each mistake, I just want to race even more. I will try my hardest to bounce back after this.

Reactions: Jordy Lopez

Jordy Lopez

Pro Karter
Dec 22, 2016
Q.

I was really off pace in qualifying. I think it had to do with my setup, just did not have grip for s2. Happy to have started P4!

R.

Into t1, it was very tight! Glad that I made it out safely. This race was definitely the toughest race. Once I got 2nd in the first stint, I had alittle pace to gain time on Slimbo before pit stops. I stayed out a lap extra and when I came out vsc was deployed and I came out the pits just ahead of slimbo and I knew I had a chance to win. Once the vsc was over, I was struggling with the softs in the beginning. Got passed by slimbo and pedro within 2-3 laps. Once my tires warmed up, I was able to settle in and stay with them. When Pedro and slimbo were battling for position, I was able to go on the outside of slimbo in t2 and grab p2. I knew I had a lap newer tires than pedro so I know I just had to hold my head down and focus. After a few laps, I was close enough on the main straight to make the pass for P1. I'm so happy to get my first win in AOR! Did not think I would win here today! Looking forward to Spain!

tough_2_handle

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 5, 2018
Where I can report this?
There you go my POV of what happened with you. Did not even touch you. I just swerved in your slip stream and went left. This was a glitch in beta (spinning car infront by just swerving in their slip stream). I suppose the issue is still there, at least in this incident.

No lag. No desync as my footage matches both yours and the stream. And in the stream my car was stable and not lagging around

Reactions: xUndefinedF1

AOR_all3ren

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 4, 2018
Q.

I was really off pace in qualifying. I think it had to do with my setup, just did not have grip for s2. Happy to have started P4!

R.

Into t1, it was very tight! Glad that I made it out safely. This race was definitely the toughest race. Once I got 2nd in the first stint, I had alittle pace to gain time on Slimbo before pit stops. I stayed out a lap extra and when I came out vsc was deployed and I came out the pits just ahead of slimbo and I knew I had a chance to win. Once the vsc was over, I was struggling with the softs in the beginning. Got passed by slimbo and pedro within 2-3 laps. Once my tires warmed up, I was able to settle in and stay with them. When Pedro and slimbo were battling for position, I was able to go on the outside of slimbo in t2 and grab p2. I knew I had a lap newer tires than pedro so I know I just had to hold my head down and focus. After a few laps, I was close enough on the main straight to make the pass for P1. I'm so happy to get my first win in AOR! Did not think I would win here today! Looking forward to Spain!
Amazing job @Jordy Lopez beginninng from fourth and winning congrats !

Reactions: Jordy Lopez