XB1 - Round 4 - Bahrain Grand Prix [06/05/18 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 4 - Bahrain Grand Prix [06/05/18 8:00pm]

Bayfield22

Formula 4 1st Driver
Nov 27, 2017
@Proulx2001 @mightydylan3224 My engineer said you had a penalty and it said you had a penalty on the results screen, yet you still finished in front of me in the standings?

The screenshot shows the penalty’s
Screenshot (8).png

Last edited:

TyTEI

Pro Karter
Nov 5, 2016
IMPORTANT NOTE: I want to apologize for any lag that may have affected someone's race.
QUALIFYING
The session was a mess at first, I got disconnected and the session crashed almost immediately afterwards. I wound up qualifying 1st.
RACE
The race was so much fun! @Cinnamon Rage kept a lot of pressure on me for the first stint. The second stint was much less eventful. The final stint on supersofts was the most eventful, with @Joshua Germany in front of me on mediums, I had a lot of work to do. I accidentally tapped his rear tyre in the third turn. (sorry about that @Joshua Germany) I let him go ahead again and the battle resumed! Sadly, I lagged into the rear of his car and pushed him off. (On my screen i was way behind.) I took the lead and won. (P.S. @Cinnamon Rage I have two clips you might be able to use in your highlights video. They are here, and )

Last edited:
Reactions: Germo

Germo

XB1 F1 Assist League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 12, 2015
The amount of graphical glitches is Quali, **** me! No speed counter, gears, revs, throttle input brake input, mine and everyone's position wasn't on my screen. CONGRATULATIONS TO CODEMASTERS FOR MAKING SUCH A SOUND, SOLID AND CONSTANTLY PERFORMING GAME!

RT93 Klaus

Pro Karter
Mar 26, 2018
Scandalous race

I would really like to make everyone react to what happened in the evening. lag, lack of fair play, management of the horrible session ...

In qualifying, I start my lap behind the new one coming out of the stands and .. which does not move away

In the Mighty Dylan race leaning against me when he has plenty of room, and does not make the position ...

Cinnamon Rage who would have liked me to leave the track for the past ...

Gentlemen, this is a F1 championship ... not a stockcar ...

EditedFaun3698

S16 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
Premium Member
Sep 26, 2017
Qualifying

Happy with pace for qualifying and started on the grid 4th

Race

Had a decent start although losing 2 places to @mightydylan3224 and @RT93 Klaus I think, on lap 1, first stint, but I was happy with my race pace. Then it all went wrong?

End of first stint after turn 8 or 9, @RT93 Klaus misjudged his turn and accidentally knocked my wing, a total accident but had to pit on lap 10.
Came out of the pits in 11th behind my old friend @atomik_, was behind him halfway through the lap, when he started to lag big time? I tried to stay away from him as much as possible on overtaking but this became increasingly difficult as his car lagged in and out of the screen. 3 laps later, By this time I had lost some much time on the front pack that I took a lung on turn 1 lap 14 past @atomik_ putting me into 9th.
By the end of my second stint, @Bayfield22 was about 5 seconds behind me on softs so decided to pit to make a late charge on him to the end of the race. Pitted on lap 20, in 6th.
Couldn’t catch @Bayfield22 so was happy to settle for 6th and my first points this season, until the hell of all bad luck hit, @Proulx2001 was battling for 12th place then on lap 28, after turn 8, his car begun to swerve across the track and hit me and totally damaged my wing.

Not having the best of seasons, 3 races, 3 incidents to ruin my race, but this happens, think you create your own luck so hopefully can have better luck next week. Driver of the day for me @Bayfield22 starting from the back, great run mate, and congrats to @TyTEI for another great win.

Reactions: Bayfield22

Joeske86

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 26, 2018
Quali: It was a little strange with the layout and all but I could start P12. This was a new PR of 1.31.4

Race: As I was a little over cautious into turn one on the outside I got to Turn 3 as P17. not much happened for me except a spin and a blue flag. I climbed up and finished P12 again out of 15 finishers but I didnt have to pass someone on the track.

Bayfield22

Formula 4 1st Driver
Nov 27, 2017
That was one of the most fun races I’ve taken part in. Started p17 and last because of a quali ban but got up to around p12 after the first corner and just carried on climbing up to p2 as I was overtaking and everyone started to do their first stop. Pitted on lap 19 from the mediums to the supersofts and fell down to 6th. Came out behind @mightydylan3224 and was within 1.5 seconds for the next 10 laps, but couldn’t get close enough for an overtake. Went up to p5 when overtook someone (can’t remember who) and then got a free position when @Cinnamon Rage went off which promoted me up to p4. Just couldn’t get close enough to @mightydylan3224 and @Joshua Germany on the last lap to get past. Happy with p4 even though I was sooooo close to my first podium and only finished 8.6 seconds off the lead, which I think is pretty good from starting last

SolidOOFT

Pro Karter
May 1, 2017
Quali: Just as a precursor, I hate this track, I have no pace and never ever practice it. I had extremely low expectations coming into the race and quali (which codemasters decided to do their thing on) confirmed this with my lowest quali of the season in P12.

Race: I had little to no expectations, just to keep it clean and see where it took me. I chose to one stop because im so slow round here, a free 20 seconds over the two stoppers sounds pretty good to me. After the first lap (spent looking in my mirrors trying not to die) i was on the fringe of the points, and with a couple of overtakes and battles (namely with @Proulx2001, nice one bud) i managed to emerge 8th at the end of my first stint.

Switched onto the Mediums, had consistent pace and ran my own race. The only two-stopppers I encountered were @EditedFaun3698 and @mightydylan3224 and I chose to let them go without much of a fight as their pace was so superiror to mine. I was running consistently in 8th but on the last lap @EditedFaun3698 had an incident with a lapped car (??) and I got 7th. Happy with that for one of my worst tracks of the season, taught me a lot regarding clean and consistent racing.

JRT.Atomik

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 10, 2017
Everyone seems to think I was lagging throughout the race. They are correct. I think I got up to P7 or P6 on the first lap, and then (pardon my french) **** hit the fan. I had constant frame rate drops throughout the rest of the race, everyone seemed to be lagging, and it was generally not a great experience. When @EditedFaun3698 overtook me on lap 14, I got wing damage (even though he didn't hit me) and that really affected my pace in the last few laps. Penalties cost me P9, but P10 still gives me my first point since Australia. Congrats @TyTEI on another win (this is getting boring now, slow down a bit mate) and good luck next week. I won't be here because I'm off to Paris.

EditedFaun3698

S16 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
Premium Member
Sep 26, 2017
IMPORTANT NOTE: I want to apologize for any lag that may have affected someone's race.
QUALIFYING
The session was a mess at first, I got disconnected and the session crashed almost immediately afterwards. I wound up qualifying 1st.
RACE
The race was so much fun! @Cinnamon Rage kept a lot of pressure on me for the first stint. The second stint was much less eventful. The final stint on supersofts was the most eventful, with @Joshua Germany in front of me on mediums, I had a lot of work to do. I accidentally tapped his rear tyre in the third turn. (sorry about that @Joshua Germany) I let him go ahead again and the battle resumed! Sadly, I lagged into the rear of his car and pushed him off. (On my screen i was way behind.) I took the lead and won. (P.S. @Cinnamon Rage I have two clips you might be able to use in your highlights video. They are here, and )
To be honest mate, the only person that will have problems with your lag will be yourself as you would’ve left us all by then ;)(y):lol:

Germo

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 12, 2015
Qualified 8th for the 4th time in a row but on the softs

Finished 2nd which honestly I'm a bit disappointed with, was 1st until me and @TyTEI had two incidents with lag but oh well. My race as literally made up of overtaking people that'd crashed or in the pits. Think the only I finished 2nd was because I started on the softs and was just consistent

EditedFaun3698

S16 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
Premium Member
Sep 26, 2017

Finished 2nd which honestly I'm a bit disappointed with, was 1st until me and @TyTEI had two incidents with lag but oh well. My race as literally made up of overtaking people that'd crashed or in the pits. Think the only I finished 2nd was because I started on the softs and was just consistent
Great vid Josh, don’t put yourself down about where you finished, as I said in my thread you make your own luck and you deserved your podium, great race(y)

Germo

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 12, 2015
Great vid Josh, don’t put yourself down about where you finished, as I said in my thread you make your own luck and you deserved your podium, great race(y)
Cheers mate don't get me wrong I'll take a second any day of the week haha

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017

Definitely don't put yourself down brotha, sounds like a great drive and huge points for the team! (of which I've contributed 0 so far lolol)

• Friendly

Germo

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 12, 2015
Definitely don't put yourself down brotha, sounds like a great drive and huge points for the team! (of which I've contributed 0 so far lolol)
Thanks a lot mate don't worry, watched you from spectator cam after I crashed in Australia, you've got some good pace apart from those little errors but points will definitely come :)

Reactions: Hockeyhead019

Cinnamon Rage

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 26, 2018
I'll hopefully post my race highlight tonight but given I practice usually tonight, it'll probably be tomorrow.

Qualifying
Wasn't bad, things got real weird during qualifying. I thought I was behind @EditedFaun3698 and @TyTEI but was second. Maybe misread the charts - regardless - my best qualifying in AOR :)

Race
Was going well, even kept up with @TyTEI for the first stint. Came out into some traffic for 2nd stint but made the tyres last to get me a 2nd SS stint. Came out in 4th behind @RT93 Klaus.

AT this point, I was significantly faster on brand new super soft tyres compared to their worn mediums tyres, so when they locked up at the end of the 2nd DRS straight and ran out wide I thought an opportunity had opened up. I got a great exit, had the racing line (though I stayed to the right of it), and thought I had the move done, given the red arrow pretty much showed them behind me. This was a mistake on my part as I wasn't expecting them to still challenge for the corner from such an acute angle. Seeing his footage though I can equally understand his annoyance. What his view is looks very different to how I saw it (I will put their footage in my video tonight for fairness).

Anyway, more annoyed at myself for getting drawn in by the initial mistake and not waiting for the DRS straight for an easier potential overtake. PS. I wouldn't have made much of this, if it wasn't for the stock-car comment, haha! :rofl:

Anyway, despite losing 10 seconds and 2 places I fought back to 5th so can't be that unhappy but really should have been a podium.

Race video
Will post my highlights tonight or tomorrow.

PS. Shout out to @Bayfield22 for the recovery drive.

Reactions: Hockeyhead019