PC - Round 4 - Russian Grand Prix [05/11/17 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 4 - Russian Grand Prix [05/11/17 8:00pm]

Sabba7h

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 26, 2017
A certain lap 8 incident gave me flashbacks to my iRacing experience... hit the brakes way too late for the conditions and nearly took out Hinyaldee. I've come to realize how much practice I really need on a wet track.

Hoping to do better in Barcelona.

• Burn
Reactions: Hinyaldee

Fersiphion

Formula 3 1st Driver
Apr 14, 2017
I felt like I got held up alot in the beginning of the race but I just couldnt get past so I couldnt show my real pace in the beginning which meant that I couldnt get a podium although I had a pace that was a bit faster than @Dobby. Got red front wing damage after @Hinyaldee hit the brakes earlier then expected so pitted that lap because I would lose too much time. Then I set fasted lap which was fastest for a long time untill @miroslaw broke it by far (damn you were rapid)

Axel And Fentarco crashed so I knew dont crash out because you will expand the lead in the championship so that is what I did :)

Congrats to the podium finishers: @Dobby @Saketh @miroslaw

Reactions: Dobby

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
I felt like I got held up alot in the beginning of the race but I just couldnt get past so I couldnt show my real pace in the beginning which meant that I couldnt get a podium although I had a pace that was a bit faster than @Dobby. Got red front wing damage after @Hinyaldee hit the brakes earlier then expected so pitted that lap because I would lose too much time. Then I set fasted lap which was fastest for a long time untill @miroslaw broke it by far (damn you were rapid)

Axel And Fentarco crashed so I knew dont crash out because you will expand the lead in the championship so that is what I did :)

Congrats to the podium finishers: @Dobby @Saketh @miroslaw
When did we make contact ? I don't remember that at all. Sorry if that lost you time, I got my fair share of incidents myself...

Qualy 10th :
I went to do my second lap on inters, but on the outlap, I missed an apex and slightly cut turn 2, but yet my lap was invalidated, and the next one aswell, which is a pure pile of bullshit... I would have qualified 4th if it wasn't for that buggy game.

Race 8th :
First lap, even before passing the pit exit, @Thezz just rams me into the wall and offers me a yellow front wing. After the collision and for no reason at all, I'm being told to hand over the position to @Dobby who is 2 cars behind. So there you go, 3 positions lost in one corner being a victim of a collision. That's totally fair. I had to do my first stint with the yellow front wing, which cost me a lot on turn 3 with the lack of downforce. Second stint, I wanted to make up for the lost time in the pits changing my front wing, but pushed a bit too hard going into sector 2 and ended up with a red front wing. That forced me to the pits again and cost me too much time

@Thezz Next time, be more careful on the race start. I had echoes of people complaining about your race craft yesterday. I can get that you're not comfy on a wet track, but then drive carefully, please.

Fersiphion

Formula 3 1st Driver
Apr 14, 2017
When did we make contact ? I don't remember that at all. Sorry if that lost you time, I got my fair share of incidents myself...

Dont know around lap 7 or something like that, but it was my own mistake so no worries :)