XB1 - Round 4 - Russian Grand Prix [05/11/17 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 4 - Russian Grand Prix [05/11/17 8:00pm]

• We are aware of some functionality issues with the forums at present. These are being looked into. Feel free to use the bug reports thread to report any issues you encounter. Thanks! :)

Joseph Baigent

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 23, 2017
Round 4 - Russian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 5th November 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Sochi Autodrom
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Atticus - dI Atticus Ib

Last edited:
  • Burn
Reactions: Jamie183

Joseph Baigent

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 23, 2017
Due to the American and Mexican races on the next two weekends. Round 4 is in 3 weeks time which means there is plenty of time for practice!! ;)

I might see if I can set some kind of social up for this race at some point. I am away for 5 days next week but that shouldn't be an issue.

• Burn
Reactions: Jamie183

BigBadPopperDom

F1 Reserve Driver
Sep 6, 2017
Count me in - Ill be up for some practice - quick question. I seem to be at least 3 to 4 seconds off the pace from most of you guys and I am sure their is an element of ability!!! but I seem to have the wrong setup each time. Would appreciate some suggestions on the G920 wheel. I think Im having trouble having to turn too much into a corner and seem to have massive under steer at times.

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
Not sure about the rest of the field but I usually run Limitless' or fin's setups and they're always pretty solid for me. I can't speak to the wheel settings though so I'll let somebody else chime in there

Last edited:

Joseph Baigent

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 23, 2017
Count me in - Ill be up for some practice - quick question. I seem to be at least 3 to 4 seconds off the pace from most of you guys and I am sure their is an element of ability!!! but I seem to have the wrong setup each time. Would appreciate some suggestions on the G920 wheel. I think Im having trouble having to turn too much into a corner and seem to have massive under steer at times.
I'm guessing it is car setup rather than wheel setup?

Atticus

F1 2010 Season 1 Veteran
May 4, 2015
Lower the degreees of rotation of your wheel

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
Not sure if anybody has been practicing yet but the best time I seem to be able to put down is around a 1:35... the problem is the corner cutting/track extending is real tough here. Gotta put together a really clean lap and I was running about 1/3 penalty free at that pace.

Jack Badman

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 19, 2017
Not sure if anybody has been practicing yet but the best time I seem to be able to put down is around a 1:35... the problem is the corner cutting/track extending is real tough here. Gotta put together a really clean lap and I was running about 1/3 penalty free at that pace.
I did a little last week. Can get mid 1:35's penalty free, with a bit more time in the bag. Seem to struggle at the final sector. Your right tho, it's soooo easy to exceed track limits and ruin your lap here but It feels so good when you do get it right aha

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: Hockeyhead019

Jack Badman

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 19, 2017
How is everyone getting along with sochi? For those that have started practising

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
Still stuck in 1:35 land. I'm getting more consistent on track in terms of corner cutting though

Jack Badman

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 19, 2017
Hmm same. Takes a while tho. Managed a 1:35.1 right off the bat and smashed my PB earlier. That was in time trial tho

Jack Badman

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 19, 2017
Maybe. What baffles me is the times that the guys at the top doo. They're like 2 seconds + ahead