PS4 - Round 4 - Russian Grand Prix [05/11/2017 8:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 4 - Russian Grand Prix [05/11/2017 8:00PM]

MattDavies2511

PS4 S14 F4 and PCars S9 GT3 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 15, 2017
Quali: 4th
First banker lap was good, holding a solid P2 behind @JohnnyR95. My 2nd lap I went balls to the wall and gave it my all, S1 I went purple but later in the lap I invalidated it. Without enough fuel to complete a 2nd lap I then dropped to 4th. Acceptable result with the risks I took on the last lap.

Race: 2nd across the line, 4th because I am a corner cutting hoe.
Solid start to the race, ended up sitting in P3 behind @SolidNinjaSnake and @JohnnyR95 with @Roadhouse sitting behind. I then had a bad few laps and had to defend P3 to @Roadhouse. After holding position I was able to start to close on the top 2 slowly. Really after the pitstops not much else happened, I was pulling away in 3rd and slowly gaining on 2nd. Eventually on the last lap I caught @JohnnyR95 managed to pass him into T2 but I feel he let me go due to my years worth of penalties. Crossed the line 2nd but dropped to 4th.

Was a decent race considering I thought I wasn't going to even make the race, I minimized my losses having only had a handful of laps and stealing @Ollie_D631's setup. Moving onto some of my stronger tracks soon, looking like a good fight for the championship between the top 3.

Corner cutting extravaganza in the link below

JohnnyR95

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 13, 2017
First banker lap was good, holding a solid P2 behind @JohnnyR95. My 2nd lap I went balls to the wall and gave it my all, S1 I went purple but later in the lap I invalidated it. Without enough fuel to complete a 2nd lap I then dropped to 4th. Acceptable result with the risks I took on the last lap.

Solid start to the race, ended up sitting in P3 behind @SolidNinjaSnake and @JohnnyR95 with @Roadhouse sitting behind. I then had a bad few laps and had to defend P3 to @Roadhouse. After holding position I was able to start to close on the top 2 slowly. Really after the pitstops not much else happened, I was pulling away in 3rd and slowly gaining on 2nd. Eventually on the last lap I caught @JohnnyR95 managed to pass him into T2 but I feel he let me go due to my years worth of penalties. Crossed the line 2nd but dropped to 4th.

Was a decent race considering I thought I wasn't going to even make the race, I minimized my losses having only had a handful of laps and stealing @Ollie_D631's setup. Moving onto some of my stronger tracks soon, looking like a good fight for the championship between the top 3.

didn't fight as I had no pace at the end, honestly had no idea you had 6 penalties, I had only 4 seconds less xD
[DOUBLEPOST=1509962495][/DOUBLEPOST]

I also read your race finish as "4th because I'm a corner cutting shoe"

MattDavies2511

Jan 15, 2017
didn't fight as I had no pace at the end, honestly had no idea you had 6 penalties, I had only 4 seconds less xD
[DOUBLEPOST=1509962495][/DOUBLEPOST]
I also read your race finish as "4th because I'm a corner cutting shoe"
How on gods earth were your tyres at 60% wear? both stints my tyres didnt get near 40% I think.

Leave me and my penalties alone, we did well ok :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

• Agree
Reactions: SolidNinjaSnake

JohnnyR95

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 13, 2017
How on gods earth were your tyres at 60% wear? both stints my tyres didnt get near 40% I think.

Leave me and my penalties alone, we did well ok :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
probably something to do with the setup, I was running 1-8 wings :')

Reactions: MattDavies2511

KaneIyanda

Reigning PS4 F4 Bottlejob
Premium Member
May 7, 2017
The race I didn’t need at this part of the season, I had. I’m going to blame it on the fact I just came off the back of a 60 hour working week:sleep:

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
My race was an absolute joke. It was over when I was caught out by @ColonelGaddafi at T2 on lap 2 and damaged my wing. Pitted for softs and ended up crashing out. I then became @KaneIyanda's race engineer until he crashed out as well. All in all, one to forget for Renault

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
By the way guys, how was my connection?

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
My highlights, not much in it except quali, corner cutting, overtaking @Caarlsberi and being overtaken by @SolidNinjaSnake and @MattDavies2511 but they're below if you want to watch

It looked so much more aggressive on yours than on mine! I didn't have any contact on mine at T1 (Okay, T2) but I know there was some when I finally got the move done at T4, apologies for that as I had full lock on too.

About to post my race report in a few minutes.

Reactions: JohnnyR95

JohnnyR95

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 13, 2017
It looked so much more aggressive on yours than on mine! I didn't have any contact on mine at T1 (Okay, T2) but I know there was some when I finally got the move done at T4, apologies for that as I had full lock on too.

About to post my race report in a few minutes.
it's all good man, elbows were out and I didn't have the pace

• Friendly

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Qualifying
First lap wasn't too great so I went for another lap straight after to improve by 4 tenths with a 1:34.4. Back in the pits I noticed after our opening laps that @JohnnyR95 was 3-4 tenths quicker than me just in the middle sector alone! I had one more run at the end, improving to a 1:34.2 but it wasn't enough and I qualified 3rd which I was satisfied with.

Race
Good start gaining 2nd place off the line, almost got @JohnnyR95 but he defended at the first braking zone and maintained the place. I was able to keep up with him and be in DRS range, but unable to get close enough to pass, until Lap 5 where I messed up the final sector and dropped back. I was able to gain some time back on him but he pitted Lap 9, the same Lap I was considering pitting on at one point but decided to pit Lap 10. His pit entry was pretty amusing though, which didn't happen on his after watching his video, as he smashed into the bollard and debris went flying everywhere haha! I was going to mention how I kept getting the connection signal appear next to his name too which was a bit annoying, but it looks like everyone had that issue with everyone from seeing the videos posted. There was a bit of lag but it wasn't a whole lot though thankfully.

Anyway, I pushed on my in lap but it wasn't enough as I exited in P6 behind @JohnnyR95 who quickly passed @Caarlsberi at T2. I caught up to the back of Caarlsberi by the final sector and got held up through there until I was able to pass on the start finish straight before we even got to the DRS line. I was now 3 seconds behind Johnny and thought that was it and was ready to settle for P2, but then I found myself gaining on him! I started to push even more now and try not to get any penalties too. I guess he made a mistake on Lap 13 as I gained by 7 tenths and then Lap 15 I gained 9 tenths! I started to wonder if he had damage or something.

Then by the second DRS zone on Lap 16, I was back in DRS range again! Lap 17 I was close enough to make a move at T2 and got the pass done, or so I thought but he was still hanging on the inside around the long T3 before finally I took the place at T4! Albeit with a little contact, apologies again for that @JohnnyR95. By the end of this lap I found myself already a second ahead. Now I was trying to create a gap but also somewhat take it easy so I don't accidentally get any penalties. Then on Lap 23 I got busted and got my first penalty of the season for turning in too early. Now I started to push again to try and get a 3 second gap to Johnny behind where at this point I was 2.9 seconds ahead. I already knew @MattDavies2511 in 3rd place had a penalty from being told early in the race, but had no idea if Johnny had any. I also noticed Matt was catching up to Johnny where I was hoping they'd battle to help me pull away a bit. In the end I got the 3 second gap I wanted by Lap 25 and even continued to increase it as I went on to take the win!

So all in all it was a good race, wasn't expecting to win this one! Nor was it looking like I could either but I was able to get it done in the second stint. I am gutted though that I got my first penalty of the season but hopefully there won't be any more. Congrats to both Saubers of @Roadhouse and @Bad-Boy-1-9-9-1 for not getting any this race, as well as a congrats to RoadHouse again and @JohnnyR95 for their podium places.

Reactions: JohnnyR95

JohnnyR95

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 13, 2017
Qualifying
First lap wasn't too great so I went for another lap straight after to improve by 4 tenths with a 1:34.4. Back in the pits I noticed after our opening laps that @JohnnyR95 was 3-4 tenths quicker than me just in the middle sector alone! I had one more run at the end, improving to a 1:34.2 but it wasn't enough and I qualified 3rd which I was satisfied with.

Race
Good start gaining 2nd place off the line, almost got @JohnnyR95 but he defended at the first braking zone and maintained the place. I was able to keep up with him and be in DRS range, but unable to get close enough to pass, until Lap 5 where I messed up the final sector and dropped back. I was able to gain some time back on him but he pitted Lap 9, the same Lap I was considering pitting on at one point but decided to pit Lap 10. His pit entry was pretty amusing though, which didn't happen on his after watching his video, as he smashed into the bollard and debris went flying everywhere haha! I was going to mention how I kept getting the connection signal appear next to his name too which was a bit annoying, but it looks like everyone had that issue with everyone from seeing the videos posted. There was a bit of lag but it wasn't a whole lot though thankfully.

Anyway, I pushed on my in lap but it wasn't enough as I exited in P6 behind @JohnnyR95 who quickly passed @Caarlsberi at T2. I caught up to the back of Caarlsberi by the final sector and got held up through there until I was able to pass on the start finish straight before we even got to the DRS line. I was now 3 seconds behind Johnny and thought that was it and was ready to settle for P2, but then I found myself gaining on him! I started to push even more now and try not to get any penalties too. I guess he made a mistake on Lap 13 as I gained by 7 tenths and then Lap 15 I gained 9 tenths! I started to wonder if he had damage or something.

Then by the second DRS zone on Lap 16, I was back in DRS range again! Lap 17 I was close enough to make a move at T2 and got the pass done, or so I thought but he was still hanging on the inside around the long T3 before finally I took the place at T4! Albeit with a little contact, apologies again for that @JohnnyR95. By the end of this lap I found myself already a second ahead. Now I was trying to create a gap but also somewhat take it easy so I don't accidentally get any penalties. Then on Lap 23 I got busted and got my first penalty of the season for turning in too early. Now I started to push again to try and get a 3 second gap to Johnny behind where at this point I was 2.9 seconds ahead. I already knew @MattDavies2511 in 3rd place had a penalty from being told early in the race, but had no idea if Johnny had any. I also noticed Matt was catching up to Johnny where I was hoping they'd battle to help me pull away a bit. In the end I got the 3 second gap I wanted by Lap 25 and even continued to increase it as I went on to take the win!

So all in all it was a good race, wasn't expecting to win this one! Nor was it looking like I could either but I was able to get it done in the second stint. I am gutted though that I got my first penalty of the season but hopefully there won't be any more. Congrats to both Saubers of @Roadhouse and @Bad-Boy-1-9-9-1 for not getting any this race, as well as a congrats to RoadHouse again and @JohnnyR95 for their podium places.
I definitely need to see this pit-entry of mine! :')

Also, my internet was hit and miss all race, so it was probably me, hence why I decided not to host!

MattDavies2511

Jan 15, 2017
Qualifying

Race

I find this offensive that you assume that I had alot of penalties, what kind of driver do you take me for ;)

• Funny