PS4 - Round 4 - Russian Grand Prix (November 5th) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 4 - Russian Grand Prix (November 5th)

MORETHANAMAZING

Bottlejob Extraordinaire
Premium Member
Aug 1, 2014
Round 4 - Russian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 5th November 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Sochi Autodrom
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

joshualuke1993

S14 AOR PS4 F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Going to take a random stab in the dark that pole is going to be probz mid to high 33's (most likely wrong)

Reactions: nezehran

blake300892

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Well isn't this track just awful!

Got a lot of cobwebs to brush off after nearly 3 weeks off

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
So no announced no shows then, no offence but want a no show so I'm able to race.

Not sure why everyone hates this track? I quite like it but not sure how I am for quali pace compared to others as it's pretty quiet in the forums here but I have a good stable balance for race.

Best lap for me is low 35s however still getting used to the game and handling and can count on both hands the amount of time I've played the game plus a new wheel and pedals.

Donks

F1 1st Driver
Jan 6, 2015
Same times for me. But I know I’ll be 1-2 seconds off the pace with the practise sessions I’ve seen. Can’t get any quicker so will hope for a clean race to maybe get near the points as I think corner penalties will influence this race more than others.

Bzahh

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 21, 2017
Hey guys, I won’t be able to make this one, currently in the library at uni doing dissertation stuff with the deadline of tomorrow but I’m going to a gig tomorrow meaning I have to get the work done now, have a good race lads!

blake300892

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
5th place on a nightmare track for me, completely out the blue!

Were conditions official today?

Sun seemed awfully low in Q and times were dowm.

Apologies to @Wimstradamus for our contact early on after the DRS straight, just snatched a brake and wheel banged you.

Thankfully didn't seem to impact you much but orange wing for me so stopped after lap 4 and just went to the end on SS.

Stop/go picked up for speeding in pits even though limiter was on but thankfully didn't effect position so not going to bother removing.

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
I don't think it's right that we can have any session time we want?
Low Sun was making it difficult to see the apex and kerbs.

• Agree
Reactions: blake300892

Thomasbrxwn

S13 AOR PS4 Assist Champion
Apr 4, 2017
Yeah that was my fault on the day time won’t happen again.
Anyway god awful race cba explaining just got to move on, anything can happen still

Wimstradamus

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T5 Champion
Premium Member
May 7, 2016
5th place on a nightmare track for me, completely out the blue!

Were conditions official today?

Sun seemed awfully low in Q and times were dowm.

Apologies to @Wimstradamus for our contact early on after the DRS straight, just snatched a brake and wheel banged you.

Thankfully didn't seem to impact you much but orange wing for me so stopped after lap 4 and just went to the end on SS.

Stop/go picked up for speeding in pits even though limiter was on but thankfully didn't effect position so not going to bother removing.
No worries mate, as you sad didn't hurt my race.

joshualuke1993

S14 AOR PS4 F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Managed to set a good lap on my second hot lap first stint 34.1 I think n managed to go out again n set a 34.0

Managed to get a decent start even though lights went out very quick n basically just drove at evenish pace and tried not to bottle it some how I made it to the end. P1

blake300892

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Managed to set a good lap on my second hot lap first stint 34.1 I think n managed to go out again n set a 34.0

Managed to get a decent start even though lights went out very quick n basically just drove at evenish pace and tried not to bottle it some how I made it to the end. P1
Too easy!

Well done, always a class above on this circuit

Reactions: joshualuke1993

Wimstradamus

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T5 Champion
Premium Member
May 7, 2016
Q p6
R p4

Just made it to set a lap time in quali with gave me p6 was strugeling with the sun (forgot to practice with official time)
Race start was good after two laps or so was in p4 with became p3 after @Thomassbrownn lost some parts of his car.
stayed in p3 until the pitstops, p2 and p1 whent in the pits and i decided to try and go for a rich mode lap to try a overcut for p2.
that did't work came back on track in p4, took p3 in the second lap from a driver that did not had stopt.
and than i became under pressure from @Bartek ,we had a good fight for the remainder of the race.
He overtook me in lap 19 and took p3 but in lap 25 i regained p3.
was this gonna be my first AOR f1 podium??
Sadly no @Bartek kept the presure and on 3 corners before the finish i braked a little to late, spun and had to reverse.
Stayed in p4 tho.
Again great fight witch made it a great race for me, @Bartek congrats with you podium.
Also congrats to @Haze with p2 and @joshualuke1993 with p1, great drive guys.

Haze

Formula Karter
Oct 30, 2014
Q: 2nd
Didn't do much practice so I kept most of the setup standard, best time I could do was a 34.2. I ran out of fuel in quali after my first run and wouldn't of had time to make it back to the pits so I retired but pole wasn't possible today anyways.

R: 2nd
Had a bad start again and went down to fifth but around lap 3 a mclaren made a mistake and I gained two places back. I saw Tom make a mistake and lose his wing so I was back to 2nd again. I knew corner cutting was going to be a pain this race so I just wanted to finish the race. Congrats to Joshua on the win.

Reactions: joshualuke1993