PC - Round 4 - Spanish Grand Prix [14/05/2017 - 8:00pm UK time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 4 - Spanish Grand Prix [14/05/2017 - 8:00pm UK time]

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Round 4 - Spanish Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 13

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 14th May 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Spanish Grand Prix
Laps: 33

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KurvZ and Ctzn Ely

Ctzn Ely

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
My teammate @Flips told me on Steam that he still suffers connection issues. Hopefully it won't happen tonight but I still post this just in case

@H_pro1

• Informative
Reactions: H_pro1

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Hey guys,
I might miss the race because mothers day dinner. If I won't be online at 7.55 PM it means that I won't be racing. @Punisher is the backup host, so most likely he will set the lobby up. If he won't be online please try to sort the hosting duties with each other (like via discord). Sorry for the late info, but I just got to know this now.

@Scott_Aitchison @Dazzy Oz @Craigieboy @Punisher @R.A.J. @Meireloso @KurvZ @Footyad24 @pimruspolos @PaulB1991 @amdavies @H_pro1 @JurYEdits @aeN @fraguitar89 @Flips @Ely' @Clint58 @thisisdiree @Ludvig Petersson @Albin Mansson

• Informative
Reactions: KurvZ and Ctzn Ely

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
@H_pro1 shall I use championship mode or not? also I would appreciate it if people didn't leave the session if they crash out as people leaving causes race ruining FPS issues for the host.

Reactions: KurvZ and H_pro1

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Q-10th
R-6th

Pretty average race from me tonight, but happy to have finished and to have finished in the points. Felt I had more pace towards the end. My POV is below:

Reactions: H_pro1 and KurvZ

Ctzn Ely

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
Q - P9
R - P11

Nothing to say about this race: terrible pace, terrible racing and terrible result. Let's hope that I'll do better at my fav track on the calendar.

Congrats to @Flips for his first points - and to the top 3 of the day, quite an impressive performance from @fraguitar89 so hats off to him for the win. Btw good debut race for @Craigieboy in the Ferrari.

See you in the barriers in Monaco.

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
Qualifying:
It was finally time for the Qualifying session at the Spanish Grand Prix. I wasn't really expecting much since I haven't practised a lot the last few days due to my bad internet.
I managed to Qualify: P13 - but felt like that I could have qualified a lot better.

Race:
Finally race time! I started on the Hard Tyres. I had a brilliant start but had to slow down on the start/finish straight due to contact between the cars ahead. As I reached Turn 1 4-5 cars crashed out in both the barrier and the gravel. This meant that I have gained a good handful of positions.

Due to my 2-stop strategy (Hard - Medium) I took it very slowly and consistent at the first few laps (cause I didn't want to crash). I hold back a few people and my pace started to grow! I had chemi with the Renault!

Later on, @Ludvig Petersson was off the track at Sector 3, but there were no Yellow Flags out. Which meant that as soon I came too close, Ludvig jumped right out in front of me, which meant that I got into the dirt/gravel for about 20-30 seconds.

After this idiotic move, by myself, I went straight on to catch the other guys! I managed to overtake a few people right before I had to which to the Mediums.

Coming out on the Mediums, @Dazzy Oz was on the start/finish straight. We came wheel to wheel at Turn 1 and 2, but managed to keep ahead of him a few more turns. Dazzy were gaining on me, due to my cold tyres, so he overtook me without any problems.

The last 5 laps I made a stupid mistake. Corner Cutting. Which mistake gave me a 3-seconds Penalty. Which meant that Dazzy just had to gain 1 or 2 seconds so he could pick up P8.
Dazzy was able to gain the 2 seconds on me and picked P8 right in front of me.

I was able to get P9
I sat a goal for myself, which was: Get 1 point(s) or more. Which I managed to do.
The latest races my stats has only been: DNF - DNS - DNS.
So I am really grateful to get my first points in the AOR Season 13 League.

#KM20
#Renault!

Reactions: Ctzn Ely and KurvZ

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Q - P9
R - P11

Nothing to say about this race: terrible pace, terrible racing and terrible result. Let's hope that I'll do better at my fav track on the calendar.

Congrats to @Flips for his first points - and to the top 3 of the day, quite an impressive performance from @fraguitar89 so hats off to him for the win. Btw good debut race for @Craigieboy in the Ferrari.

See you in the barriers in Monaco.
What happened in the start of the race as you pushed me into the wall and damaged my wing well before T1

Ctzn Ely

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
What happened in the start of the race as you pushed me into the wall and damaged my wing well before T1
I had lag issues for the first couple of laps and we didn't touch on my screen, sorry if it has compromised your race, I didn't even know you got damage

amdavies

Formula Karter
Aug 8, 2016
Decent race, with some decent battles throughout. Disappointed I couldn't challenge the pace of @fraguitar89 during my final stint. (congrats on the win)

Qualy: P5

Had a scrappy lap on my first attempt, lost time throughout so wasn't too happy. Went out for another run, was a decent amount up, but unfortunately got a bit too close to someone on their in-lap and was forced to push another lap on some less than great tyres to try and get a decent position. Was purple after sector 2, but mucked up the final chicane (as I like to do) and cost myself more tenths than I would like.

Race: P2

My first podium of the season!

Got off to a decent start, ending up in P3 after turn 2 (decided not to push on the inside of @fraguitar89, although I was left space).

Following laps I was right on the tail of @fraguitar89 (who was also on the tail of @JurYEdits), but despite the constant overtake attempts we managed to pull a gap of over 10 seconds by the first pitstops. @JurYEdits pitted L6, combined with a few mistakes by @fraguitar89 in sector 3 allowed me to get the DRS advantage and pass down the main straight into the lead. I was struggling with understeer and worn tyres on L7 due to my extra qualy lap. Pitted for softs hoping to stretch out my final 2 stints.

After @fraguitar89 came out of his pit stop behind me, I took things slowly to extend my tyre life. What I didn't realise was no one else being on the same strategy as me. I was matching times and watching gaps, and suddenly realised on lap 12 that @fraguitar89 was actually running on the hards at a decent pace. I pushed for a few laps to try and increase the gap, setting a fastest lap in the process. Ended up pitting on lap 17 for mediums, but only managed to pull a gap of 7.5s over my entire stint against the hard tyres, so I wasn't feeling too confident.

Now on the mediums, I lost all confidence in the race win. I was barely matching @fraguitar89 who was on worn Hards, and I didn't have the tyres to push the entire way home. Spent the final 15 laps of the race waiting for @fraguitar89 to pit onto the softs, and fly past me for an "easy" victory, which ended up happening on lap 28 after he'd managed to pull away from me the entire time (12s -> 17s). Was barely ahead after he pit, was hoping I could hold him off with some creative lines and apexes in the final chicane, but even getting the jump on him out of the final corner wasn't enough to hold him behind me.

Good, clean racing all around (again!)

Last edited:

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
I had lag issues for the first couple of laps and we didn't touch on my screen, sorry if it has compromised your race, I didn't even know you got damage
I got pushed into the barrier at the start of the race. Watch scotts POV as he started the race behind me and you will see what happened.

Ctzn Ely

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
I got pushed into the barrier at the start of the race. Watch scotts POV as he started the race behind me and you will see what happened.
That didn't happen on my screen, sorry about that. I'll try to fix the lag issues by the end of the week even though I have no clue how I got lag just for the first few laps as my Internet felt good for the whole race afterwards...

Craigieboy

Pro Karter
Apr 27, 2017
Quali:

Got an early banker lap which had me P2 initially but people were improving, found another 5 tenths on my final go to get P3. Wasn't sure if I would be on the pace or lagging behind a bit so I was pretty happy to be at the sharp end of the grid.

Race:

Start of the race was one to forget for me, I was in the slipstream of the two leading cars and braked too late and tapped @fraguitar89 and as a result was slightly sluggish through the first corner. This was my first F1 league race for a good few months so I guess I was a bit "race rusty" and if I caused any other incidents on the first lap then I apologize.

This caused me to have a damaged front wing and I didn't pit for repairs immediately as I felt I could eek out enough performance to not need to pit early but at the end of lap 2 I went in for some medium tires and a front wing change. This put me in last place with a fair gap to the next car which in a way put less pressure on me as I knew my chances of winning was pretty much gone so I figured I should just see how far I can move up.

I seemed to overtake most of the runners through pitstops but I did have some enjoyable overtakes on track at turn one with @Flips, @Clint58, @KurvZ and @R.A.J. who were all fair in their driving so thanks.

In the end I did a two stop, moving onto the hards from the mediums at lap 15 to go to the end. It was a bit marginal on tire wear but at was mostly down to my early pitstop as said before. My pace felt pretty good throughout, felt pretty confident with the car being able to get the rear planted early.

In the end I found myself in a podium position with a few laps to go but at this point I'd picked up a 3 second penalty for some corner cuts which were a bit clumsy on my part but in the end it didn't effect the result and brought the car home in 3rd. Have to give my thanks to everyone I raced with today, seemed to be a high standard of racing here and I really enjoyed pushing myself to the limit.

Reactions: H_pro1 and KurvZ

KurvZ

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 16, 2014
Nice on great race you had very good pace and fair driving through the overtake, your video was 720p for me