Nov 20, 2015
Round 4 - Spanish Grand Prix
F1 2015 Season 11

Race Information:

Date: Sunday 8th May 2016
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Laps: 33

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Important Links:

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

Brendon Leigh

2-time AOR F1 Champion & F1 Esports Champion
Mar 4, 2016
ok guys new glitch i found out in the worst time possible.... but i found out its when you open then close your strategy page to quickly. no real use to look at it as you cant change anything.... but please share so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Finch

3-time AOR Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
ok guys new glitch i found out in the worst time possible.... but i found out its when you open then close your strategy page to quickly. no real use to look at it as you cant change anything.... but please share so this doesn't happen to anyone else.
@CRL Rosberg @LuckyDog2000 @Bence Fehér @Blackstahill @Troyfmcg @JordanMcGonigal @George @Taylor Reynolds @TRL Button @II OASIS I
All watch this and make sure you dont open and close your strategy too quickly otherwise this will happen.

Reactions: JordanMcGonigal

JordanMcGonigal

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I'll do some practice saturday, not expecting much as I really don't like the handling model on this game

Troyfmcg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
My dinner and Jordans dinner isn't here yet, Knowing my luck it'll arrive on lap 1 of the race.

• Informative
Reactions: Finch

Finch

3-time AOR Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
My dinner and Jordans dinner isn't here yet, Knowing my luck it'll arrive on lap 1 of the race.
can you still join the lobby but leave if you cant take part in the race if your dinner does come on lap 1

II OASIS I

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Salvaged what I could from a disastrous qualifying.

Before we started I was having set up issues and for whatever reason I thought I would be able to change between set ups during the qualifying session :confused::confused::confused:

I went out and was pushing the car to the limit, basically done an installation lap if you like, this destroying the tyres.

After I realised I was stuck with this set up, I planned to do a very slow lap on primes and start on those. Left the pits and found out I had the tyre glitch when it doesn't change your tyres. Retired from the session.

Then to make it worse, despite not setting a lap time the game forced me to start on options that were fucked.

Managed to scramble through the race, making the strategy up as I went along but in the end it all came good and I finished 3rd.

At some points the lag was ridiculous, thought I had lagged out on a couple of occasions.

Not a bad race though, got no penalties so that's progress. Felt comfortable around there on strict rules.

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Pretty pleased with P2.

Somehow was a full second off my PB in quali and unable to improve, still good enough for P2 on the grid.

Got a pretty good start. Found myself alongside Dizzy at turn 1, didn't quite make it through. But then he went wide at turn 4, gifting me the lead...

For two corners. Goming out of the left righ chicane I lost the rear and he came back to me with better momentum. I tried to hang it out around the outside but ultimatley ran out of room and lost control over the gravel. Totally my fault and deserved punishement for being to arrogant and not yielding earlier.

Restarted last, and gradally made my way fack up to the front of the podium train thanks to pitstops and other race happenings.

Gought back up to my team mate @Finch who was on a bold two stopper and he kindly let me pass for second. After that It was all abound managing the pace with regards to a tyres and fuel and I ended up being the only other car on the lead lap.

So P2 is a good result, perticularly considering I was away for a month and had only limiter practice (one 30 min practice session + half a race distance). Hopefully I can mount a challenge to Dizzy for the next race in Canada