XB1 - Round 5 - Canadian Grand Prix | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 5 - Canadian Grand Prix

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
its nice to know that the game now no longer gives you warning, but just slaps you with a 3 sec time penalty
Yeah it does that at the last chicane, for the left hander. It can be annoying but it forces you to be careful when it comes to riding the kerbs which is good I think. Plus, when you get it just right, I find it very rewarding, laptime-wise. It also feels very good because it does allow you to just have your inside front wheel on the grey, sausage kerb thingy making you bounce off them like in real life

• Agree
Reactions: Finch

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
I love being a second off my normal pace after an hour's practice. I thought I could learn it in 5 minutes?
Just try and find thé référence points on thé track. Shades, tyre marks, break marker boards, kerbs... it's not the hardest. The hardest is consistently hitting these reference points. For the first corner for example, the breaking point is just when the grey tarmac patch starts on the right.

• Agree

AOR Midg3t

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Yeah it does that at the last chicane, for the left hander. It can be annoying but it forces you to be careful when it comes to riding the kerbs which is good I think. Plus, when you get it just right, I find it very rewarding, laptime-wise. It also feels very good because it does allow you to just have your inside front wheel on the grey, sausage kerb thingy making you bounce off them like in real life
btw Franglish i mean that if you miss your braking zone somewhereand you travel over the white line to rejoin the track, ive had it at the last chicane and the 2nd last chicane

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
btw Franglish i mean that if you miss your braking zone somewhereand you travel over the white line to rejoin the track, ive had it at the last chicane and the 2nd last chicane
If you slow down enough it doesn't give one I think

• Agree

F1Maestro26

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 12, 2015
Basically to avoid a penalty, you have to slow down a lot and take the proper escape road instead of rejoining the track immediately
[DOUBLEPOST=1463820782][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just try and find thé référence points on thé track. Shades, tyre marks, break marker boards, kerbs... it's not the hardest. The hardest is consistently hitting these reference points. For the first corner for example, the breaking point is just when the grey tarmac patch starts on the right.
Yeah I've found reference points but I don't have the confidence to push without the line, especially in the race as I know I'll get a penalty

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Basically to avoid a penalty, you have to slow down a lot and take the proper escape road instead of rejoining the track immediately
[DOUBLEPOST=1463820782][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yeah I've found reference points but I don't have the confidence to push without the line, especially in the race as I know I'll get a penalty
You'll get there (y)

Reactions: F1Maestro26

F1Maestro26

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 12, 2015
Goals For Tonight

1. Don't blow anyone up
2. Finish the race
3. Try and sneak a point or two

Reactions: AOR Midg3t

Troyfmcg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I've not played the game since spain. Also I'd like to inform @Finch that my controller has developed a real annoying drift to the right meaning I have to turn left on the straights to go straight, personally it's not worth my time to race until I get it fixed as it would be more hassle for me and the people I'd be racing with... What do you think?

• Agree

Finch

3-time AOR Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
I've not played the game since spain. Also I'd like to inform @Finch that my controller has developed a real annoying drift to the right meaning I have to turn left on the straights to go straight, personally it's not worth my time to race until I get it fixed as it would be more hassle for me and the people I'd be racing with... What do you think?
Yeah if you think your controller isn't good enough to race don't plus it wouldn't be good if you suddenly turned right on the straight.

Troyfmcg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Yeah if you think your controller isn't good enough to race don't plus it wouldn't be good if you suddenly turned right on the straight.
I was playing with it on Forza and it was annoying on that, F1 would be 1000 times worse imo because of downforce

• Agree