Dec 10, 2017
Round 5 - Malaysian Grand Prix
AOR Oceania F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 4th February 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (Melbourne time)
Circuit: Sepang International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
● Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Excalibur942

Last edited:

InfiniteMarch96

Formula Karter
Sep 7, 2017
Malaysian GP
Qualifying: 9th
Poor lap, 1 sec down on my pb. Got promoted to 8th on the grid, because @LoafMeat1 had grid penalty apparently, lol
Race: 8th
Decent start, can still follow cars ahead for a few lap, but run wide into double apex right hander in middle sector, losing me 2 places. Then got wing damage cause i brake too late and hit the car in front at turn 1. I then decided to pit on lap 8 for medium and front wing change. From there on a lonely race in 8th till finish.

Congrats @Dubzzy__ for the win, and @VTi-DOHC @iContrast for the podium.

Break week coming, so see you guys in two weeks time

My highlight

Last edited:

VTi-DOHC

1-time AOR PS3 F1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014

GP Report

Qualifying - 3rd

Mid to low 31's was the best I could do, Satisfied with P3 but well done to @Pryingstingray for putting the best lap together for pole.

Race - 2nd

A decent launch but tucking in behind @Dubzzy__ was perhaps not the best idea as @iContrast got me around the outside. He went wide in turn 6 and I got enough momentum to dive up the inside. A great wheel to wheel battle on the first lap. Kudos for the good racing, we could have easily wiped each other out and I look forward to watching the battle from your perspective.

I built a small gap to Contrast, and the battle for the lead allowed me to close in. Unfortunate spin for Stingray, his pace was good up until that point, the setups at Sepang are tough on the rears. I was going to opt for the medium tire if Dubzzy had picked the soft, but he had a pace advantage anyway, so going for the soft was a gamble as I couldnt make it last in the practice races. I had a good battle with @Maznat87 who started on the mediums, he made life a bit harder for me than he did for his teammate! The gap balanced out anyways and I only lost a second to Dubzzy. The tires were still in good shape and the car still fat with fuel, it allowed me to gradually close on Dubzzy, from lap 25 I pushed as hard as the car would allow, but with both of us so similarly paced it was harder to push through the rough air. I missed an oppurtunity to take the lead going into the last lap, I'm not so good at the divebombing so I thought better of it and just tried a dummy instead, but it wasn't going to shake Dubbzy. He was the quicker guy again and a fully deserved win after the hard luck of the last few races. Happy to get P2 at a track I despise, disappointed to miss out on the win.

Well done to iContrast on the podium. Good fun battling at the start!

Well done again for @Curly and @kidbyers for the streaming effort, you covered the whole field fairly well. I enjoy listening to your commentary as a race unfolds, the likes of e-sports is probably what you should be commentating on in the future, keep up the good work. Probably the best commentary team on AOR!

See you all after the mid season break and a few laps of Suzuka.

Last edited: