Jan 14, 2014
Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 12th November 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Laps: 33

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @TheEpicSnowWolf - personal
- @winchy33 - family get together
- @SexySpudflaps - broken foot
- @hennree - new parent, Congratulations!

Last edited:

winchy33

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017
May have to miss this one tonight, have to go out for a family birthday dinner at 6. Will be a good few hours so very unlikely I'll be around at 8 @Jay

• Informative
Reactions: Steve Jackson

SexySpudflaps

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 8, 2016
I am missing this week, foot is in a cast, if we’re racin next week I’m also going to miss that one. Further than that I’ll keep you updated via PM if that’s okay @Jay

• Informative
Reactions: Steve Jackson

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Such a shame that it was a rainy race.
Had the pace for a podium.

Sry @Jay for the collision in the early laps but thanks for the battle.
I was holding you up and then with a couple of mistakes I nearly got it back but I didn't have the confidence to push unfortunately. Thanks for letting me back through, it might have been racing contact but you didn't lose too much giving me the benefit of the doubt :) I'll watch it back, I may owe you one!

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Guys i'm so sorry for the late notice, but I won't be able to make it tonight. Hoping we have a reserve driver?

My daughter was born on Thursday and I completely forgot about the race tonight! Too busy changing nappies!
Blimey. Just in time and Congratulations I guess! :D

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Guys i'm so sorry for the late notice, but I won't be able to make it tonight. Hoping we have a reserve driver?

My daughter was born on Thursday and I completely forgot about the race tonight! Too busy changing nappies!
Congrats

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Well done to the podiums, sorry don't know who it was as game crashed to desktop before results page.

Sorry to @Partyfuchs for lap 1 Tap at end of back straight, missed my breakpoint. I got a damaged front wing and 5 sec penalty for my sins.

So being dead last at start of lap 2 after the penalty, new wing and 26 down on the car in front, very happy to finish 7th

With my high wing settings I was pumping in fastest laps and would have been in running for the podium too.

acerees

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Well happy with that!
My f1 wheel broke whilst I was practicing mid week and I had to use my cheap CSL wheel (which felt like a boat to drive!)
Qualified 14th but I was confident when I saw the lap times that some of you were using dry set ups. My dry set up was getting me 1:19.5 when I was practicing in Grand Prix mode.
As I hadn’t done any wet laps at all in practice I just put loads of wing on and hoped for the best!
Managed to stay out of trouble why the rest of you really struggled for grip (with what I suspect were mainly dry set ups). Did nearly have an incident with @Nasom who tried a sneaky one up my inside but he drove into my back/side.
Went for the one stopper and found my self up to third after some people in front had had an incident on the start finish straight. Then my back up wheel started playing up - it was changing gears on its own and not letting me change fuel settings so for about 3-5 laps I lost around 1 second a lap but then I managed to get the fuel settings changed to lean (I had to save after running in rich for a few laps and not being able to change it!). Then I settled down and just tried to reduce the gap (10 seconds to second place). By the end of the race I was 6 seconds behind and was setting quicker laps. Just happy to have got such a good result having done no wet practice or set up!

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
Solid quali, started 7th. Dropped and gained a few positions during the first 10 laps. Then, about 3 laps after pitting, I spun my car round and broke my entire front wing. After pitting I finished the race on that set of inters in 9th place. Kind of bummed that I didn't opt for a 1-stop strategy, since that would've massively softened the blow that spin had on my race, since I would've had to pit around then anyways, but what can you do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gratz to the people on the podium, and see you guys in (hopefully) sunny Monaco.

Status
Not open for further replies.