PC - Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix [12/11/17 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix [12/11/17 8:00pm]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane Jr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2017
Qualified P3 and fell back to P6. I probably could have hung onto P3, but ran with a wet setup in preparation for the race.

The race called for heavy rain and the track looked swamped so I was very surprised the recommended tyre were the I. I had to run off track into the gravel in T2 to take evasive action and fell back to the rear of the field. Others were having problems in the rain as well and made my way back through the field.

I must have been the last car to stop as I made my way into P1 by L17 and the cars who had pitted were catching me so I decided to pit at the end of the lap for a one stopper.

I got massively held by a few different drivers throughout the race who would not leave space and run me off circuit when I attempted an overtake. This would happen for 3-5 laps and I lost so much time. I know no one wants to lose positions, but it got ridiculous.

Sorry for running hot into T1, @Smu3l3y I hope I didn't hit you. I couldn't see the brake marker boards from the other side of the track.

Reactions: Neil Bywater

Nasom

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 19, 2016
I qualified on rain setup and managed only P15!
Codemasters keep on suprising me with the penalty system!At Lap 2-3 I locked up really hard and went off on the outside of the corner to avoid hitting a Force India!Well the game thought that I should have crashed on the Force India and gave me a 5 sec stop-go.........for avoiding contact and deffinetly not gaining an advantage as I dropped from P9 to P15!I did pit and the game desided to change my tyres AND front wing!I still had to serve a penalty and was dead last so I didnt really had joy to keep racing!Sorry if I did hit someone,i did i think,but I did my fairplay and let them throught without them loosing any positions!
0 Practise so thats what happens!

yoan97222

Reigning AOR PC F1 Split 5 Champion
Sep 22, 2016
Quali : I tought i could be one of the fastest but even with some nice laps I was only 9th on the grid.

Race : Nice and clean start with all the cars going off track i found my self in P5 just after the first 2 turns. Following my team mate we both gained one more position and reached @michal_miletin (who was in P2). from there it was very close between us. It was very hard to overtake but i finally did it on lap 7. @michal_miletin was next. I was quick but not enough to overtake. i tried many times and we've been very close but it was a solid drive with no mistakes from him. With @Kiinako pitting first i knew he undercuted both of us but he did it really soon so i waited a few laps and went on lap 15.
After all i was behind @Poetic D (who was the leader during the first stint) and @Kiinako was the new leader.
At this time i was the faster on track and again not enough to overtake @Poetic D but we were closing the gap on @Kiinako.
He made a mistake on the straight line, rejoined the track and while i was overtaking we made contact and destroyed each other race. I managed to stop the car on the grass without damage but some kind of bug blocked the car and as I was unable to move. I had a black flag.

@Jay the same bug than last year [email protected] you can enjoy a 2nd time :shifty:

Anyway very frustrating race...:facepalm: here my full POV

Last edited:

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Quali : I tought i could be one of the fastest but even with some nice laps I was only 9th on the grid.

@Jay the same bug than last year [email protected] you can enjoy a 2nd time :shifty:

Anyway very frustrating race...:facepalm: here my full POV
Unlucky mate, thanks for staying as host despite the bug; explains the DSQ. And one of the 'shouty' incidents :)

Incidentally, what is your ride height and tyre pressure?

Voller

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 5, 2017
The whole weekend was starting bad but it got better at all stages of the game the longer it went.
At the start I had a really bad connection issue and all other cars were teleporting around at my screen. So I decided to stay behind the field so I don't interrupt any fights with a bad ping. That could be alongside the issue that @Nasom had because I was the only FI on track.
Because of the lag, I got a 5 sec Stop-and-Go out of nowhere. The game thought I illegally overtook @Poetic D who was at the other end of the circuit. I just got better and faster the longer the race went but then my connection decided to end it early and my steam connection was gone...
Next time I'll ask for an extra backup invite...^^

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
The whole weekend was starting bad but it got better at all stages of the game the longer it went.
At the start I had a really bad connection issue and all other cars were teleporting around at my screen. So I decided to stay behind the field so I don't interrupt any fights with a bad ping. That could be alongside the issue that @Nasom had because I was the only FI on track.
Because of the lag, I got a 5 sec Stop-and-Go out of nowhere. The game thought I illegally overtook @Poetic D who was at the other end of the circuit. I just got better and faster the longer the race went but then my connection decided to end it early and my steam connection was gone...
Next time I'll ask for an extra backup invite...^^
If Steam dies, so does a backup invite. If your game dies, you're OK and can rejoin. I got blue flags during the race for some reason when I wasn't being lapped, I'll check my recording to see who it was.

• Useful
Reactions: Voller

yoan97222

Reigning AOR PC F1 Split 5 Champion
Sep 22, 2016
Unlucky mate, thanks for staying as host despite the bug; explains the DSQ. And one of the 'shouty' incidents :)

Incidentally, what is your ride height and tyre pressure?
Font tyres was 23 psi and rear 21.5. Ride height : 4.
But it seems when the car ghosted i could not move anymore

Kiinako

S14 AOR PC F7 Champion
Sep 20, 2017
My quali was a classic shitshow. On the very last lap I ran out of fuel at the very last corner...

My race was pretty decent until my consistency took a fat L and then stuff happened. I'm really sad about about how it went out, especially with the other person who "took me out" was my teammate of all people. Also, I'm sorry for everyone for screaming at my incident

Reactions: Neil Bywater
Status
Not open for further replies.