Dec 9, 2016
Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 12th November 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Laps: 33

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Track guides

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Tykee

Junior Karter
Oct 17, 2017
Hello. I just joined AOR and I'm at the moment 1st reserve for the PC F8 league. Is there a way for me to know already if I get to race tonight or not? Or do I just need to be ready 19.50 and hope for an invite?

Since this would be my first race in AOR, could someone please tell me how the invite thing works? :)

Fersiphion

Formula 3 1st Driver
Apr 14, 2017
Hello. I just joined AOR and I'm at the moment 1st reserve for the PC F8 league. Is there a way for me to know already if I get to race tonight or not? Or do I just need to be ready 19.50 and hope for an invite?

Since this would be my first race in AOR, could someone please tell me how the invite thing works? :)
Hi, there are no absent people just yet but there is always a pretty big chance that there will be a free spot for you at 19:50.
If you want to get updated very quickly I would advise you to join our F8 Discord here is the link:https://discord.gg/nHsY75b

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
@Fersiphion said it all. Just be available from 19:45 or so in case we have a no-show. For now, everyone seems to be there for the race, but you never know. Again, welcome among us @Tykee

Fersiphion

Formula 3 1st Driver
Apr 14, 2017
What the hell guys come on its a fuckin league race not a fuckin only lobby where you can crash into someone and not give a **** because its over in 5 laps jesus. Take it easy first corner because some people actually wanna have fun and not have their race ruined. Also if you lag all over the place please leave because I got ruined by someone who lagged. I swear to god this is not okay.

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
Same here...this is just starting to be a running gag...every single race, I don't know if there's a magnet strapped onto my car, but someone decides to crash into me EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. Seriously, why do you think I keep repeating every race that you need to remain respectful of the others and aware of them on the track ? To avoid incidents. And if you lag, as @Fersiphion said, don't race. You are being a danger to the others with the lag.

@Thezz You need to be MORE careful on the track. That's the second time you cause me issues. First, you had lag, because on lap 6, you just appeared out of nowhere on the track in front of me and I was lucky not to crash into you. But then, on lap 13 or 14, after the pit stops, when you guys decided it was a good idea to go 3 wide on the hairpin of sector 3, you just rejoined and cut me off wildly.

And then, @SpiZe just lost in on the way to the 2nd DRS back straight, and collected me, which pushed me into the wall and killed another of my front wings...

I'm going to put up a thread to the other coordinators to see what we can do, but guys, I'm aware that for most if not almost every single one of you, that's the first time you actually participate in a league race. But as such, you should be way more careful around driving with the others, instead of going all in to try to be the fastest. Because first, it's not safe, and second you're a danger doing that.

@Fersiphion @Thezz @Breakdown @Saketh @Bobo @Sabba7h @SpiZe @Steffe @Amstar27 @Fendtarco @SlySwift @TheIgorMC @Kevin Kalt @Skinner @Dobby @SooSiaal @EversVincent @Graham Thomson @MAZ_GP @Tykee

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Fersiphion

TheIgorMC

Pro Karter
Sep 5, 2017
Yeah, i also got pushed out by @Saketh on lap 6 and luckily avoided crashing on the wall... Then, on lap 18, @Tykee braked early and i was right on his tail so i damaged my front wing, causing me to do another pit stop instead of going for the one stopper...

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A3003 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:

SpiZe

Junior Karter
Sep 16, 2017
I'm very sorry about what happened to you. I was off and wanted to rejoin, I saw that I had enough time to cross the track so I could get back up to racing speed outside the racing line, but I gave too much throttle and the car just curved left to slam right into you. 100% my fault and I very much apologize to you for my mistake, it seemed like a safe rejoin when I did it and would have been had my initial idea worked, but I should have factored in the possibility of a mistake. In retrospect, and looking back at the footage, it's obvious that it was a very poor decision. I'm very sorry for ruining your race.

Fersiphion

Formula 3 1st Driver
Apr 14, 2017
Same hear...this is just starting to be a running gag...every single race, I don't know if there's a magnet strapped onto my car, but someone decides to crash into me EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. Seriously, why do you think I keep repeating every race that you need to remain respectful of the others and aware of them on the track ? To avoid incidents. And if you lag, as @Fersiphion said, don't race. You are being a danger to the others with the lag.

@Thezz You need to be MORE careful on the track. That's the second time you cause me issues. First, you had lag, because on lap 6, you just appeared out of nowhere on the track in front of me and I was lucky not to crash into you. But then, on lap 13 or 14, after the pit stops, when you guys decided it was a good idea to go 3 wide on the hairpin of sector 3, you just rejoined and cut me off wildly.

And then, @SpiZe just lost in on the way to the 2nd DRS back straight, and collected me, which pushed me into the wall and killed another of my front wings...

I'm going to put up a thread to the other coordinators to see what we can do, but guys, I'm aware that for most if not almost every single one of you, that's the first time you actually participate in a league race. But as such, you should be way more careful around driving with the others, instead of going all in to try to be the fastest. Because first, it's not safe, and second you're a danger doing that.

@Fersiphion @Thezz @Breakdown @Saketh @Bobo @Sabba7h @SpiZe @Steffe @Amstar27 @Fendtarco @SlySwift @TheIgorMC @Kevin Kalt @Skinner @Dobby @SooSiaal @EversVincent @Graham Thomson @MAZ_GP @Tykee
Agreed, when I joined AOR last season I was very careful with everyone. When you are in F8 you are just not good enough to go for very agressive and risky moves so dont and also dont go for a heroic lap 1 because 99% of the times you crash out yourself or someone else....

Thezz

Pro Karter
Dec 12, 2016
Hinyaldee no wait hang on dont blame that on me cuz the force india (dobby#freeelf) was racing as we where driving go carts. he pushed of the track when he re-joined the track because he think he owns the track so dont blame thios on me he was racing unfair, aggressive, uncleanly. but yeah. Also you cant bring up the incident in russia cuz that was closed and shut down it was a RACE INCIDENT, if you look closely there is a toro rosso there witch im avoiding. and if you keept reading YOUR stewards thread they clearly staded the same fact so dont bring that up and blame that on me.

Last edited:

Dobby

Reigning S14 AOR PC F8 Champion
Sep 16, 2017
Hinyaldee no wait hang on dont blame that on me cuz the force india (dobby#freeelf) was racing as we where driving go carts. he pushed of the track when he re-joined the track because he think he owns the track so dont blame thios on me he was racing unfair, aggressive, uncleanly. but yeah. Also you cant bring up the incident in russia cuz that was closed and shut down it was a RACE INCIDENT, if you look closely there is a toro rosso there witch im avoiding. and if you keept reading YOUR stewards thread they clearly staded the same fact so dont bring that up and blame that on me.
I didn't force anyone of the track except @Fersiphion. We talked about it and it's okay now. So I dont see your point here..?

• Agree
Reactions: Fersiphion

MAZ_GP

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 2, 2014
everyone needs to ask themselves, honestly, are they being fair to everyone else bearing in mind others' perspectives too? Think objectively.

If so, then lets crack on racing.

If not, clean up your act, privately or otherwise and then lets crack on racing.

We're a good bunch so let's keep it that way. Race fair. It's not always about winning, I won an Apex league a few years back but I havent the time to practice now and I'm happy to be seen as the clean guy who's after getting points in every race. Simple as that. Doesn't mean I can't enjoy it. I love it.

:)

Last edited:

Saketh

Formula Karter
Aug 23, 2017
Yeah, i also got pushed out by @Saketh on lap 6 and luckily avoided crashing on the wall... Then, on lap 18, @Tykee braked early and i was right on his tail so i damaged my front wing, causing me to do another pit stop instead of going for the one stopper...

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A3003 utilizzando Tapatalk
I only remember one incident with one of the toro rosso that forced me out of track by the end of the second drs zone, but if I hit you I apologize, I always try to race fair

Graham Thomson

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 14, 2015
Hi Guy's I'm usually at the back but I do see things.

Your all too aggressive but that isn't a bad thing, that is what racing is about. i wish I was a bit more aggressive but I'm slow and probably crash out every race. Your all wanting to win. But you need to pick your battles and over taking points. If you right up behind somebody don't try and be a hero wait until the time is right.

If your faster apply the pressure make the other guy(s) make the mistake. If you look at the good racing drivers in F1 they wait until the driver in front makes a mistake or pits. If you look at most of the crashes in F1 they are cause by drivers who aren't waiting for the right moment.

I too know that your all being too aggressive, even if I'm being lapped some of you guys don't wait. I've seen the blue flags and I've prayed you guys wait until I can get off the racing line. You run the risk of ruining your race and the even the poor back marker race like me lol.

I think it might be also wise to have a bit of race etiquette and not call people out on here. Be the bigger man etc. I know sometimes it right after the race, but we do have a process on here. And it wouldn't be good for anyone to start have issues with other drivers as it wouldn't benefit anyone in this league.

Let get it to the stewards if there is an issue and then get back on track with the next race and have some fun. It's in the past and the penalties will be given if required, you should focus on the next race.

And the bottom line on here should be "lets have fun". But be mindful of other drivers too.

P.S - Still like to know who bump into the back of me when I was 6th at the end of the second DSR, think it was one of you William's drivers, curse you lol. I know I brake too early :)

Graham Thomson

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 14, 2015
Ah it was a HAAS driver "shaking my fist at them now" lol. Sorry Williams drivers :p

Well what can I say, you certainly didn't have any luck in that race. I understand your frustration bud. Just get ready for the next race mate. It's going to be even more stressful than the last one. It's Monaco, oh no!!!!!!!!

• Agree
Reactions: Hinyaldee

Saketh

Formula Karter
Aug 23, 2017
If I'm given a penalty at least get the facts strait. How the F. I'm causing a collision moving outwards if I'm on the outside part of the track and the other car is on the inside?. sorry if i reply here but the steward thread is closed