Mar 23, 2017
Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 12th November 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Laps: 33

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Dan Hawkins - McLaren Dan

• What?
  • Informative
Reactions: Jamie183 and Jack_w

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
Not the best result, but not the worst. P6 after qualifying right there as well.

I got off the line like a bandit but then was too cautious going into the first corner and a couple people I passed off the line scooted back past me. After that a good race but I got spun by Neutralizer heading towards turn 6. I'm not sure what the deal was, if I took too aggressive of a line, or if he didn't see me or what. It was a real bummer but luckily no damage. From there it was back into cruise mode until I put the hard compound on. They were a mess and kept sliding out at only around 11% wear. I said screw it and dove in for a third stop and the used softs from quali. Rode them out to the end. Pretty quiet till the end from there.

Happy with another penalty free race though

Last edited:

BigBadPopperDom

F1 Reserve Driver
Sep 6, 2017
Hello!

I dont normally post but tonight I do have to take issue with @MurphysLawl.

I didnt get much practice in and on the 1st attempt at qualifying put it in the wall at turn 8 which ended any more practice!!

The race - i started from the back of course and managed to gain two places straight away as two cars in front touched. I then weaved through two different groups of contact between other drivers and somehow managed to get up into 10th.

Then I settled down and didn't make single mistake.

I came in to put on the mediums around lap 10 or 11 and then came back out in 12th but was catching the two in front. Makes a change for me.

I started to get blue flagged which I always try to move out the way and slow down as quickly as possible The first few past me not problems and then two others, one of which was Murpyslawl came up and rammed me straight off the track taking my front wing out and damaging his own car!

We both headed back into the pits and I came out in 14th!

I started to make up some ground but was getting blue flagged every lap for one driver or another.

Then around lap 28 or 29 Murphyslawl was racing with another car - i think it was a force india and he tried to do the same thing again. I have pulled over to the right to allow both to pass, the force india past and then Muphyslawl came along side me and turned into me for now reason.

I managed to recover but it has annoyed me somewhat.

I m not the fastest and always try not to interfere with the leaders in the season and move over and off the racing line as soon as possible.

Its not easy to try to gauge when people will pass and drive but I do try.

For the sake of allowing one more corner to overtake safely is firstly not going to ruin both our races and secondly not start bringing something in the races that is clearly not fair racing.

Anyway - enough said - i thought I was on for 10th place with a two stopper here and not making a single mistake! But clearly someone else thought differently.

Dom

Joseph Baigent

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 23, 2017
Quali didn't go well and started 8th

Fought through the field and got close up to 2nd in the end. went to lap 11 on the softs and made my only pitstop for hard tyres. Battled with the two red bulls for a lot of the race but they two stopped. Ended up in 3rd which I am pleased with after the last 2 races

Jack Badman

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 19, 2017
Sorry to everyone when I spun across the track at turn 2. Challenged for the lead going into the corner, got bumped by the leaders left front wheel off the track and spun going off onto the track. Someone hit me from behind and I apologise if I ruined your race. Another spin later on and it was damage limitation from there. Satisfied with P4 but I think a podium was definitely possible. A good championship on our hands if the two quick guys head to another tier.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Joseph Baigent

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 23, 2017
Hello!

I dont normally post but tonight I do have to take issue with @MurphysLawl.

I didnt get much practice in and on the 1st attempt at qualifying put it in the wall at turn 8 which ended any more practice!!

The race - i started from the back of course and managed to gain two places straight away as two cars in front touched. I then weaved through two different groups of contact between other drivers and somehow managed to get up into 10th.

Then I settled down and didn't make single mistake.

I came in to put on the mediums around lap 10 or 11 and then came back out in 12th but was catching the two in front. Makes a change for me.

I started to get blue flagged which I always try to move out the way and slow down as quickly as possible The first few past me not problems and then two others, one of which was Murpyslawl came up and rammed me straight off the track taking my front wing out and damaging his own car!

We both headed back into the pits and I came out in 14th!

I started to make up some ground but was getting blue flagged every lap for one driver or another.

Then around lap 28 or 29 Murphyslawl was racing with another car - i think it was a force india and he tried to do the same thing again. I have pulled over to the right to allow both to pass, the force india past and then Muphyslawl came along side me and turned into me for now reason.

I managed to recover but it has annoyed me somewhat.

I m not the fastest and always try not to interfere with the leaders in the season and move over and off the racing line as soon as possible.

Its not easy to try to gauge when people will pass and drive but I do try.

For the sake of allowing one more corner to overtake safely is firstly not going to ruin both our races and secondly not start bringing something in the races that is clearly not fair racing.

Anyway - enough said - i thought I was on for 10th place with a two stopper here and not making a single mistake! But clearly someone else thought differently.

Dom
I'll point out now that if you ever have an incident with another driver. record a gameclip and make a stewards enquity about it. The incident will be reviewed and a penalty may or may not be handed out

• Burn
  • Agree
Reactions: Jamie183 and Jack_w

BigBadPopperDom

F1 Reserve Driver
Sep 6, 2017
I'll point out now that if you ever have an incident with another driver. record a gameclip and make a stewards enquity about it. The incident will be reviewed and a penalty may or may not be handed out
Its fine - Im not into making a mountain out of a molehill but both incidents felt deliberate / stupid . Ive said my piece.

Reactions: Joseph Baigent

MurphysLawl

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 18, 2017
1. I started to get blue flagged which I always try to move out the way and slow down as quickly as possible The first few past me not problems and then two others, one of which was Murpyslawl came up and rammed me straight off the track taking my front wing out and damaging his own car!

2. Then around lap 28 or 29 Murphyslawl was racing with another car - i think it was a force india and he tried to do the same thing again. I have pulled over to the right to allow both to pass, the force india past and then Muphyslawl came along side me and turned into me for now reason.
1. How can I run you off track if I'm on to your right and we're heading towards the inside wall of the track? If I'm ramming into you, we would be going towards the left, not the right. This is the second time you've been in my way this season, the first one happening at Bahrain.

2. That's because I too was given the blue flag and I didn't want to attempt to pass you to avoid any type of penalty. So I apologize if it looked intentional because it wasn't, I was just trying to pull over for the leader as well.

o Coxon o

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 17, 2016
Well that's was.... Interesting.

Lost my front wing on the first lap as one of the mercedes span in front off me & I couldn't avoid it.

Came into the pits to get stuck behind my teammate as he pitted for a front wing aswell.:banghead:

Spun a few laps later & lost my front wing again as from some reason my screen went black for a few seconds o_O

Then lost a few laps thanks to the Argos delivery the missus failed to tell me about :shifty:

Apart from that not bad pace :happy:

K04

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 23, 2017
Wasn't looking forward to this race before quali but surprised myself massively with P3 on the grid, didn't realise my lap had been that good.

So I was confident of having a good battle and hopefully making a top 5 finish, first time i've managed to show decent pace in quali and could be at the sharp end of the grid, (apart from russia till the rain)

Didn't get an amazing start but the recovered by turn 1, was playing it fairly safe then out of nowhere a red bull comes over and shoves me off the track. That was my race over then, and while trying to catch up made a dive on someone in turn 1 maybe a tad too optimistic that they would leave space so probably my fault and spun off.

After that i targeted the points and luckily picked up 2. I know when I get a clean first corner I'll be able to have a good race at the front.

Now to practise for Monaco

BigBadPopperDom

F1 Reserve Driver
Sep 6, 2017
1. How can I run you off track if I'm on to your right and we're heading towards the inside wall of the track? If I'm ramming into you, we would be going towards the left, not the right. This is the second time you've been in my way this season, the first one happening at Bahrain.

2. That's because I too was given the blue flag and I didn't want to attempt to pass you to avoid any type of penalty. So I apologize if it looked intentional because it wasn't, I was just trying to pull over for the leader as well.
The first incident I was hit from behind. The second incident I pulled over the right and you past with the force India hitting me a second time by passing me on the left and moving into me.

In your way! Sorry should I just move over each time you want to pass?

Look it's happened we both clearly have our own opinions. I've ranted mine. We can just move forward.

Dom

• What?
Reactions: MurphysLawl