PC - Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix [12/11/17 - 8pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix [12/11/17 - 8pm]

_hN

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 28, 2017
Q : P1 - Quite comfortable pole in the end, had the 18.0 in the bag but my wheel came loose so spun it but the 18.2 was enough thank god for that:angelic:

R : P1 - Had an average start but retained the lead defending on the inside of T1 quite easily, than it was just about managing the pace and the tyres to the end. Unfortunately I came 1 tenth off the fastest lap on the softs with a 1:21:1 on the hards:banghead::p

Congratulations to @PAPA SOKRATIS and @N1kmido for joining me on the podium(y)

• Winner
Reactions: N1kmido

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Following up on the retirements,

I know that @RigorousTiger rage quit since he did that next to me in the pit lane
@djrabes disconnected after the start crash so I assume that to be a rage quit as well
@TSR Vadkan15 and @Pascheck would you be able to inform me why you retired please?

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
@WarnTyre Could you please inform me why you have failed to show up since Bahrain without notifying a member of staff (as far as I know).

Pascheck

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jul 28, 2017
I retired in the last lap since I was in last Position and on the straight finish line my tyre blow off. So I didn't hinder everyone and I speed up the process. I led the guy behind me through after my puncture und then I retired the race.

• Informative
Reactions: DemoN

WarnTyre

AOR AEC GTE Champion
Feb 3, 2016
@WarnTyre Could you please inform me why you have failed to show up since Bahrain without notifying a member of staff (as far as I know).
Yes. My internet is down every weekend the next 4 weeks.

Thought I had informed.. sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Informative

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Yes. My internet is down every weekend the next 4 weeks.

Thought I had informed.. sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could have done to be fair, just I haven't been informed from anyone that's all. Thanks for letting me know!

• Agree
Reactions: WarnTyre

N1kmido

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Sep 17, 2016
Wow it literally is the same damn repetitive thing every season. Loads of sign-ups and after ~3 races people realize they can´t or don´t want to drive a full season -> we end up with an attendance of 11-13 drivers per race...

Vadkan

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 7, 2017
I retired because i lost the car and my front wing came off.....and i've had enough....sorry

Last edited:
  • Informative

PAPA SOKRATIS

Pro Karter
Apr 6, 2017
Congrats to @_hN for the win.
First time i felt ok with the car. Dont know what it is but i just dont feel good in the car.
Q. Was ok could done better bit like said just cant push the limit in this car.
R. Had an ok start. Managed p3 early in race. Had a nice battle with @N1kmido but just couldnt pass which cost us a lot of time. After my pitstop i finally overtook him but had already lost to much time on @_hN so just managed the tyres and drove p2 home.

Best result so far. Getting better feal for the car evry race so a step forward but still i am not happy with my overall pace

Reactions: _hN and N1kmido

RigorousTiger

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2017
Awful race for me, once again.
Q: Set an okay-ish first banker lap. Then, when on my outlap before my fast lap I slightly cut turn 7 and I got my flying lap invalidated (Which makes no sense as it was in the middle sector and it was my outlap) and I am very sure I could've gotten a 1:18.9 as I got a 1:19.1 on that invalidated lap, while being massively affected by the dirty air of the car in front.
R: After seeing the carnage from turn 1-3 I thought I was gonna be fine as I also gained many positions after a really good launch on the start, despite being on Hards. However, through turn 4, two cars in front of me spun and despite both of them being stationary in the middle of the track, 1 of them didn't ghost so I lost a massive part of my front wing. I knew it had to be damage limitation from then onwards and I was just hoping for others to crash and me potentially getting into the points. After my front wing change, on lap 2 I had a random snap of oversteer in the middle of turn 7 (which never happened to me before and I was barely on the throttle), which cost me another front wing so I decided to just retire as there was no point. I suspect the oversteer might be due to my wheel and pedals being broken as my throttle input always spazzes out but I'm not 100% sure if it's not just the game's inconsitency.

Right now I am debating whether or not to just take a break from AOR as the game clearly isn't capable to give us a decent online experience, in addition to me starting my GCSEs so I don't have the energy to practice and my wheel and pedals being extremely faulty. Anyways, this was my race. In practice I had really really good pace but sadly the game had to f*ck me over and waste my time...again.

• Agree
Reactions: Desmond0313

WarnTyre

AOR AEC GTE Champion
Feb 3, 2016
Wow it literally is the same damn repetitive thing every season. Loads of sign-ups and after ~3 races people realize they can´t or don´t want to drive a full season -> we end up with an attendance of 11-13 drivers per race...
Not my fault that my internet company has planned to upgrade the cables every weekend night..