PS4 - Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix [12/11/2017 8:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix [12/11/2017 8:00PM]

ColonelGaddafi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 4, 2017
@advanceapple are you actually for real? My move at turn 10 was perfectly legitimate, unlike your suicidal divebomb at turn 13 a few laps later which in itself warranted a stewards review for poor driving. Next you'll be taking me to the review panel for even opening my mouth!

Come on!

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
@SolidNinjaSnake wiped the floor with everybody at Monaco last season before disconnecting on the final lap
I wouldn't go that far Don haha, I'm sure my teammate was only a few seconds behind me? Plus I only got pole there because I got moved up due to the actual pole sitter having a penalty.

I heard, I couldn’t imagine the rage.
I may have swore in the chat afterwards... Haha.

But yeah, the thing that made it more worse was that the game never kicked me from the race. So as soon as I started the last lap, I saw at the bottom of the screen everyone leaving the game. I figured something happened but I had no idea what, so I carried on to win the race, only to find out afterwards that my teammate had actually won the race and I had finished 2nd. (In the end I was classified 6th due to everyone finishing the last lap except myself and those who were lapped.)

Turns out it was me that got DSC. This wasn't the last time it happened either, as it happened again two races later at Austria where I was leading by a comfortable margin. Again I got the messages at the bottom of the screen but this time noticing the signs, I decided to quit session and rejoin, where I found the AI decided to pit me and I was down in like 5th... Also, rejoining caused all retired cars to be unghosted...

In the end I decided to get a new router and haven't had the issue since! And hopefully I haven't jinxed myself now. :lol:

Anyway, I'll finally post my race report for Spain in a few mins. =)

MattDavies2511

PS4 S14 F4 and PCars S9 GT3 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 15, 2017
I wouldn't go that far Don haha, I'm sure my teammate was only a few seconds behind me? Plus I only got pole there because I got moved up due to the actual pole sitter having a penalty.

I may have swore in the chat afterwards... Haha.

But yeah, the thing that made it more worse was that the game never kicked me from the race. So as soon as I started the last lap, I saw at the bottom of the screen everyone leaving the game. I figured something happened but I had no idea what, so I carried on to win the race, only to find out afterwards that my teammate had actually won the race and I had finished 2nd. (In the end I was classified 6th due to everyone finishing the last lap except myself and those who were lapped.)

Turns out it was me that got DSC. This wasn't the last time it happened either, as it happened again two races later at Austria where I was leading by a comfortable margin. Again I got the messages at the bottom of the screen but this time noticing the signs, I decided to quit session and rejoin, where I found the AI decided to pit me and I was down in like 5th... Also, rejoining caused all retired cars to be unghosted...

In the end I decided to get a new router and haven't had the issue since! And hopefully I haven't jinxed myself now. :lol:

Anyway, I'll finally post my race report for Spain in a few mins. =)

I had exactly the same issue last season also... ended up losing a solid podium when 30secs ahead of 3rd. It aint fun.

• Agree
Reactions: SolidNinjaSnake

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Here's my race report finally, been meaning to post it but kept forgetting. Also I accidentally forgot to save my video footage after qualifying so I lost some of it haha... Ah well.

Qualifying
Pretty terrible first lap which I didn't even realise what time I had set until I was like halfway back to the pits haha. I was too busy focusing on not getting in anyone's way! My second lap was much better and I guess around where I first thought I'd be originally satisfied with, but it only got me 8th place... Even if I did my PB, I'd have only got about 3rd or 4th I think.

Race
Had a great start, only because of the incident at T2 with @JohnnyR95 and @MattDavies2511, which I was literally behind it and just managed to brake and avoid it. @InFinityzzHD wasn't so lucky and got caught up in it. Due to the incident I moved from P8 to P5, but due to my lack of speed now for T3, my teammate @Tigerkart_22 had a run on me and passed on the inside at T4, dropping me down to P6. I went to regain the place at T5 and actually forgot to brake for a split second haha! So I outbraked myself, locking up in the process as TigerKart kept the position. @Bad-Boy-1-9-9-1 went through the gravel at T8 which let me gain a position.

A lap later I find out how bad the understeer is following another car through T3 as I run out wide, which I watched others following me find this out themselves too later on haha, as I make the move on @Tigerkart_22 on Lap 3 at T1 and get P4. @Roadhouse is next, just about a second ahead who I catch up to and pass on Lap 5 down at T1 again, but on the exit of T7, I nearly lose the car! This let Roadhouse get right onto me and attempt a pass at T9 on the inside as I stick to the outside of him and thankfully I manage to hold onto the position by T10. @kovisjimi next and he's about 3.5 seconds ahead, when on Lap 7 I see him pit! I didn't find out until Lap 15 that it was for Hard tyres, which I knew he wouldn't be getting to the end on them and so I knew I'd have the position later on when he inevitably has to pit again.

I noticed towards the end of the first stint that tyre wear was actually better than I was expecting, so I stayed out an extra lap. I was able to maintain the gap to @Roadhouse behind me but on the last two laps of our first stint, he was all over the back of me! I managed to hold on to the position before we both pitted on Lap 11. Not sure if anything happened coming out though as he seemed to be a fair bit back from me compared to when we entered? Either way I rejoin the track in 6th behind @ColonelGaddafi, who was already on the Hard tyres so I expected he started on them, while Roadhouse was now 2.4 seconds behind me. I almost lost the car again due to understeer at T9 when I caught up to Coronal on Lap 13. I was close enough on the start/finish straight to make a move on him where he defended which I wasn't expecting tbh, but I stuck to the inside and got the pass done before T1. I have no idea what happened at the end of the lap as I looked behind after the final corner to see him go flying off the track and into the gravel haha. This meant Roadhouse was now behind me again, still by a 2 second gap.

I caught up to @baba99jaga and passed them at T10 on Lap 15 but unfortunately he didn't stay behind me for very long, as he pitted meaning @Roadhouse didn't lose any time and was behind me again, or that's what I was expecting, but out of nowhere I see that it's actually my teammate @Tigerkart_22 behind me! I have no idea where he came from haha! I then spent the next bunch of laps trying to chase down @kovisjimi but we pretty much had similar pace, although I did manage to close it down but very slowly from 2 seconds to 1.2 seconds at one point, so I was waiting for him to pit or get him towards the end where I should be quicker with his older tyres. Meanwhile, Lap 20 TigerKart finally pits behind me which released Roadhouse who was now a slightly more comfortable 5 seconds behind me. Lap 23 and the inevitable pitstop for Kovisjimi arrives as he boxes, giving me P2.

The rest of the race I spent trying to close down @KaneIyanda but he was too quick, pulling away a couple of tenths each lap. So I focused on bringing the car back and making sure @Roadhouse, who pretty much had the same pace as me, didn't catch up to me. I did have one moment when I caught the backmarker of @Luke Trimm on Lap 25 who had just come out of the pits and I guess didn't realise I was behind him, as he held me up and at T5 I thought he was letting me through as he looked to be going wide but then all of a sudden turned in, forcing me to brake hard and lock up. He then let me past on the exit. In the end though it doesn't matter as I didn't have any chance of catching up to Kane, but I did manage to get my fastest lap of the race on Lap 32 haha and so I ended up finishing the race in 2nd place!

So it was a pretty good race with some nice battles! Very happy with getting P2 after qualifying in P8! @kovisjimi, @Roadhouse and I all seemed to have matching pace as each other, but it's unfortunate for Kovi doing a two stop as it would have been interesting to see if I could have got past him or not, but he certainly would have got a podium I think had he gone for the one stop. @KaneIyanda on the other hand was much faster than us this race and I had no answer to his lap times once I got into 2nd as he was always a couple of tenths faster than me each lap. It was pretty much a repeat of Bahrain actually. Congrats again on the win Kane and to Roadhouse for the podium!

Monaco next... This should be interesting, more so with no safety car to help those out who damage their car! Imagine if our first wet race turns out to be Monaco too haha! :lol:

PS: Sorry for the long post btw!

advanceapple

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 11, 2017
@advanceapple are you actually for real? My move at turn 10 was perfectly legitimate, unlike your suicidal divebomb at turn 13 a few laps later which in itself warranted a stewards review for poor driving. Next you'll be taking me to the review panel for even opening my mouth!

Come on!
I start to think that there are seriously favoritisms. however since it is regular next I do as you did in Russia I take you out and then if it breaks do not come to say I was wrong. and silence.

kovisjimi

Formula Karter
Aug 21, 2017
Q: 2

I managed to get 18.5 in practice, so 18.6 in quali wasn't bad. Had a good feeling, didn't have to drive on edge, whole lap pretty smooth.

R:4

Blah, had a bad start from the line and almost lost the place to @Bad-Boy-1-9-9-1 to T1 but I succesfully defended from him and got to keep my second place. After the start, I did my best to get in the flow, and to maintain the gap to @KaneIyanda . I had a chat with my friend Giinis, who drives in F6, about race strategy before the race, we both knew that a one-stop is manageable but I didn't have any practice so thought that it wasn't worth taking the risk.

Pitted on lap 7 and fell pretty back on the grid. Had a few good battles, particularly @ColonelGaddafi defended very good and gave me a hard time. I got to p2, then I had to pit again, and fell back a few places, made it to p4 but didn't have time to challenge for podium.

Conclusion, pace was there, strategy wasn't.

ColonelGaddafi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 4, 2017
Thanks for shining my shoes @kovisjimi :p - tbh I was just trying to keep the car in a straight direction, started struggling with the tyres quite early on thanks to my overload on the steering saturation which didn't help - great battle though thanks for that :)

@KaneIyanda wish I had your consistency for Spain - impressive stuff man.

And @advanceapple try that and I'll ram you off the road for real - not on!

• Friendly
Reactions: KaneIyanda

advanceapple

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 11, 2017
Thanks for shining my shoes @kovisjimi :p - tbh I was just trying to keep the car in a straight direction, started struggling with the tyres quite early on thanks to my overload on the steering saturation which didn't help - great battle though thanks for that :)

@KaneIyanda wish I had your consistency for Spain - impressive stuff man.

And @advanceapple try that and I'll ram you off the road for real - not on!
try it!

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Qualy P3 (best quali ever!!!)

Race P13

This divebombs are so dumb. Thx advanceapple to try in section 3 to overtake a mercedes (I think it was Coronel). He spun and I smash into his car and I didn't have time to switch yes for a new front wing. I think P5/6 was my end result but no again a divebomb destroy my race.

And @DON SILVA I retire because I don't practice for a race and than someone destroy my race for a divebomb. I was so angry about this and that isn't good for my health.
From the race or the league??