PC - Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix [13/05/18 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix [13/05/18 8:00pm]

Waffle Man

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 30, 2018
@Waffle Man and @WetschEsVetteli nice battles guys, I enjoyed that

btw @Waffle Man did you spin by yourself? I felt and heard nothing getting past.
A mistake on my part i turned into you a little bit wen we were in turn 2 over corrected to the right and went into the gravel and spun. you were clean i just messed up a little bit and scared myself, I try my best to not cause a crash with somebody els. But was fun!

Reactions: willv

Reprimanded

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 26, 2018
I did an great first half of the race (P5 after pitstop with newer Hard tyres than the guy in front). Had similar pace on the mediums than most of the guys right in front of me on the softs, mostly due to battles, but that was planned. Second half of the race from lap 20 i was making mistake after mistake and from there on I lost confidence and just drove home.

It was kinda funny in a way. I was behind @Reprimanded battling for P4 before i made mistakes. I was behind him again after the mistakes and needed to pit. Only now a lap down.
lol yeah, I would've let you unlap yourself as you were obviously faster than me at the end but I was only about 3/4 seconds ahead of the guy in 5th so I didn't want to risk anything

Raiderrediar

Pro Karter
Mar 30, 2018
lol yeah, I would've let you unlap yourself as you were obviously faster than me at the end but I was only about 3/4 seconds ahead of the guy in 5th so I didn't want to risk anything
I was staying behind you because i had a huge gap in front of me. Also i saw the guy chasing you wasn't far behind so I didn't push. I could not win anything

Reactions: Reprimanded

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
I dont see any in my inbox quite yet, if anyone can link or send them to me I'm free to update the results now.

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
Thanks @willv . If you or anyone else has a screen capture of the race results showing the actual race length times, not the penalties, I can update the couple that are missing data there.

Ctzn Ely

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
Votes are now opened for the Spanish GP Overtake of the Week award :)

Jordy van Oosten

F1 Sponsored Driver
Sep 12, 2016
I did an great first half of the race (P5 after pitstop with newer Hard tyres than the guy in front). Had similar pace on the mediums than most of the guys right in front of me on the softs, mostly due to battles, but that was planned. Second half of the race from lap 20 i was making mistake after mistake and from there on I lost confidence and just drove home.

It was kinda funny in a way. I was behind @Reprimanded battling for P4 before i made mistakes. I was behind him again after the mistakes and needed to pit. Only now a lap down.

This didn't help for me, at least the more part. Last two weeks i didn't had that much time to practice the for races. So only did one practice session at sunday morning. Just to get a strategy for the race. This gave me great results (4th Bahrain, and if I didn't make a mistake yesterday i probably got p4-6 in Spain) to my own suprise.

Practice smarter is a great way to improve. I'm still not the fastest guy in the league, not even close, but getting consistent will get you results. That's where the most of us can improve i think.
the consistent part is indeed what i have to work on. still not sure HOW exactly to do this

Raiderrediar

Pro Karter
Mar 30, 2018
the consistent part is indeed what i have to work on. still not sure HOW exactly to do this
For me it helped to think I don't race others. Slow and steady, I have some reserves but I will go in the dangerzone because i'm going to push. So I don't use the reserves at the moment, due to lack of practice, confidence and first season of AOR getting used to racing with others. That is how I got more consistent.

Ryndal

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2018
For me it helped to think I don't race others. Slow and steady, I have some reserves but I will go in the dangerzone because i'm going to push. So I don't use the reserves at the moment, due to lack of practice, confidence and first season of AOR getting used to racing with others. That is how I got more consistent.
I just do a practice race and try to have the same brakingpoints every lap and working from there, consistency comes from a lot of practice. Don't change a setup of a car too much before the race, do the same run with the same setup before the race and make you feel more comfortable with the car overall.