PS4 - Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix - Sunday 13th May (8:00PM UK TIME) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix - Sunday 13th May (8:00PM UK TIME)

HoinkDoink

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 18, 2017
Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 13th May 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Laps: 33

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@kerkinator1996
@Nozza_95
@Olky

@SaMadhi_ @Nozza_95 @Carcanon @HoinkDoink @Jarryd Vermeulen @Ivorbrynmike @syluntbob @Vincent Ullberg @kingbrat20010 @Texho @Iestyn rhys @Olky @alikemal_05 @Benmorgan @kerkinator1996 @Jan Sprick

Last edited:

HoinkDoink

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 18, 2017
1, How do you rate your race at Bahrain

2, Can you see the championship title being contended by a few drivers? Are you looking to get involved?

3, Still no rain races yet, are you hoping for some rain in Spain?

Benmorgan

Pro Karter
May 20, 2017
1. Great race for me, had nothing much to do after the first lap part from cover off the undercut.

2. If I can be consistent I think I’m in contention however there are 3 to 4 others that are very fast.

3. I would like a wet race to see my pace compared to others.

Reactions: Carcanon

Carcanon

S16 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Dec 8, 2017
7/10, qualifying was as expected. 2nd place more then expected. The feeling of the consistency wasn't good.

2, Can you see the championship title being contended by a few drivers? Are you looking to get involved?
Too early to make a really good prediction about who is a contender and who is not. But so far I think @Iestyn rhys, @Benmorgan, @Nozza_95, @SaMadhi_ and @kingbrat20010 are the contenders.
I think I will miss too many races to be a true contender.

Yes, why not?

Reactions: Benmorgan

kingbrat20010

Formula Karter
Jan 13, 2018
1.How do you rate your race at Bahrain
It was really good, got third place but could of gotten first or second place easily, if I hadn’t pitted for a front wing change.

Yes, I am involved in the champion hunt.

Nooooo, but I’ll probably do ok.

kerkinator1996

S15 AOR PS4 F7 Champion
Mar 20, 2018
Didnt race, but didnt crash either :D

I still think @Iestyn rhys is going to walk away with it, but @Carcanon, @Nozza_95, @Benmorgan, @kingbrat20010, @SaMadhi_ and myself all have the pace to contend for podiums and wins. I feel like the upcoming tracks arent that bad for me, plus I feel like Im improving by the week. Plus nobody sees me as a contender so I'll happily take the underdog role

Since I won't be there either I don't mind, but some heavy rain would be good for the banter.

Carcanon

S16 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Dec 8, 2017
I feel like the upcoming tracks arent that bad for me, plus I feel like Im improving by the week. Plus nobody sees me as a contender so I'll happily take the underdog role
Your story is the same as mine, missing too many races to be a true contender for the championship win.
For a podium in multiple races you are a contender for sure!

kingbrat20010

Formula Karter
Jan 13, 2018
Are we allowed to weave to break slipstream? Because couple of people weaving the **** out of this world in this last race.

Nozza_95

Formula Karter
Dec 26, 2017
Are we allowed to weave to break slipstream? Because couple of people weaving the **** out of this world in this last race.
quick answer to that is no

● Excessive weaving on straights with the purpose of breaking slipstream is not allowed, even if the car behind is not physically close enough to make an overtaking attempt. Weaving in this situation is deemed excessive if the car ahead makes more than two moves across the track on the same straight.

• Agree

Ivorbrynmike

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2017
Eh decent pace when I didn't lose the back end through some corners but that's why I'm not a fan of Bahrain too inconsistent but 3 DNFs out of 4 race's I'm starting to question whether I have a Renault or Honda car

I think @Iestyn rhys is the top contender with @Nozza_95 @Benmorgan and @Carcanon Closely following as for whether I can get involved probably a bit too late now but if I can turn this run of poor form around I might be able to battle them and become a noesense for them

Really don't mind

Carcanon

S16 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Dec 8, 2017
  • Agree

syluntbob

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 22, 2016
1, How do you rate your race at Bahrain. Probably as good as I could hope for. 9/10

2, Can you see the championship title being contended by a few drivers? Are you looking to get involved? There are a few here that are a bit quicker than me and I think it’s between 3 ir 4 drivers. I don’t think I’m a contender.

3, Still no rain races yet, are you hoping for some rain in Spain? Certainly not!

Carcanon

S16 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Dec 8, 2017
Last edited:
  • Burn