PS4 - Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix - Sunday 13th May (8:00PM UK TIME) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix - Sunday 13th May (8:00PM UK TIME)

Carcanon

S16 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Dec 8, 2017
After much thought I've decided not to race this weekend as I've got my final two university exams on monday and tuesday.
Best of luck to those racing this weekend, especially @Carcanon who will have to fly the force india flag solo this week.
I'll be back at the next race.
Good decision. You will try your best at the university and I'll try my best at the Spanish GP!
See you next week

• Friendly
Reactions: Nozza_95

HoinkDoink

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 18, 2017
After much thought I've decided not to race this weekend as I've got my final two university exams on monday and tuesday.
Best of luck to those racing this weekend, especially @Carcanon who will have to fly the force india flag solo this week.
I'll be back at the next race.
Best of luck in the exams :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Nozza_95

Carcanon

S16 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Dec 8, 2017

Carcanon

S16 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Dec 8, 2017
Q: 2nd
R: 2nd

Qualifying in the rain, not bad. Finally something different than all the dry races.

I made it sure the start was clean so I let @SaMadhi_ pass me as he was on my side. Then I was stuck for several laps behind him.
On the mediums I was not fast, but consistent. Settled for 3rd place. Then I saw that @SaMadhi_ somehow made a mistake and could overtake him.
Not much else happened as @kingbrat20010 was the faster one at the end as my mediums were over 80% when I passed the finish line.
Happy with my third second place in a row.

Ivorbrynmike

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2017
Quali P12
Race P10

Quali
Using a dry setup in full wet conditions for quali didn't work out to well for me slowest by a good margin

Race
Fantastic start for me get up to P8 by turn 5 looking at the back of @Vincent Ullberg and @Iestyn rhys who were side by side then I had a massive lag spike which caught me off guard so trying to recompose myself from the back of the pack had another lag spike on the final sector of lap 2 this time I reacted a bit better but still lost ground to @syluntbob ahead of me took me a few laps to close back up but lap 6 @Jarryd Vermeulen lost the back end of his car in sector 3 and turned in and hit me and I lost my front wing forcing a new strategy didn't see anyone until lap 17 as I was catching @Vincent Ullberg on previous laps and in the braking zone of turn 4 he hits me into the gravel after that I just focused on setting consistent lap times until I made my pit stop on lap 23 after being lapped by the top 3 my only way to save face was to set the fastest lap and to close up as much as possible to @HoinkDoink and after going purple in sector 1 and 2 of lap 25 I found myself on the gearbox of @SaMadhi_ who was in 3rd place and a lap ahead but was slower at that moment in time I decided to only unlap myself if I had the overspeed into turn 1 with DRS as to not compromise @SaMadhi_ race but in my attempts to get past cleanly the door was open for him to keep his nose in there which meant I had to give him the room which slowed me down in turn 2 so I couldn't get past which also slowed him down my pace before I caught him was a 21.4 soon as I was behind him it slowed me down by 2 seconds a lap while we were in completely different race's I felt that I had the pace to unlap myself and pull away and from @SaMadhi_ perspective he thinks I shouldn't have tried to unlap myself but in all fairness if the roles were reversed I would've let the faster car go because he's not racing me and I could've used him as a tow but at least I have finally got a point on the board.
I recorded my POV so if anyone is interested in seeing it hit me up.
2 lag spikes a incident with @Jarryd Vermeulen lap 6 and @Vincent Ullberg lap 17 and everytime I tried to unlap myself footage is there

Last edited:

syluntbob

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 22, 2016
Q: P9 ?
R: P8

Bad choice of strategy starting on the hard tyres, couldn’t make my way up the field on them. Will try much harder to qualify higher in future. By lap 17 I was around 6th and tyres were still ok for another 5 laps as planned, most in front had pitted so my plan was out of the window. A car with new hards was behind me catching me at .5s per lap, he couldn’t overtake me on the straight and decided to have a go in the tight section on sector 3, I ended up in the wall with smashed front wing, thanks again, thought you was supposed to wait if you took someone out while attempting to overtake?? changed strategy and pitted for new wing and medium tyres for the last 16 laps, managed to keep @HoinkDoink on soft tyres behind until the end. Had 5 practice races prior and all between 46:26 - 46:36 finished the race in over 47mins so the incident cost me around 35s and P5. Never mind, Britain next, going to try harder.

Last edited:

HoinkDoink

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 18, 2017
Q - 6th - Enjoyed having a little go out there in the wet, feel I could've gone faster as I had a bad last sector

R - 9th - Wanted to take it easy round the first few corners and not get tangled up with anyone, maybe took it a little to easy as I dropped back to 9/10th in the opening corners and then throughout corners 5,6,7 one of the Renault cars had a little lag incident which me right off, appeared right in front of my car at turn 5, then appeared again in the distance and then shot back to being right infant of me, not sure if anyone else experienced it but I fell about 10 seconds behind the cars infant as I had no idea what was going on, I'm sure I affected the cars behind me as well because I was stopping and starting all over the place trying to avoid the Renault.

Slowly started catching @Vincent Ullberg and this happened ruining my chance of a one stop

Tried to hang it out a couple of laps but was losing 2/3 seconds per lap to the car infront and @syluntbob behind but had to pit and go to a 2 stop. Came out behind @Vincent Ullberg but managed to dummy my through without contact this time and @syluntbob came out of the pits ahead and managed to close him down but made a couple of mistakes and was un able to catch him. Well done @syluntbob :)

Well done to @kingbrat20010 on his win and to @Carcanon and @SaMadhi_ on the podium
Well done to @Benmorgan on the fastest lap :)

syluntbob

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 22, 2016
Q - 6th - Enjoyed having a little go out there in the wet, feel I could've gone faster as I had a bad last sector

R - 9th - Wanted to take it easy round the first few corners and not get tangled up with anyone, maybe took it a little to easy as I dropped back to 9/10th in the opening corners and then throughout corners 5,6,7 one of the Renault cars had a little lag incident which me right off, appeared right in front of my car at turn 5, then appeared again in the distance and then shot back to being right infant of me, not sure if anyone else experienced it but I fell about 10 seconds behind the cars infant as I had no idea what was going on, I'm sure I affected the cars behind me as well because I was stopping and starting all over the place trying to avoid the Renault.

Slowly started catching @Vincent Ullberg and this happened ruining my chance of a one stop

Tried to hang it out a couple of laps but was losing 2/3 seconds per lap to the car infront and @syluntbob behind but had to pit and go to a 2 stop. Came out behind @Vincent Ullberg but managed to dummy my through without contact this time and @syluntbob came out of the pits ahead and managed to close him down but made a couple of mistakes and was un able to catch him. Well done @syluntbob :)

Well done to @kingbrat20010 on his win and to @Carcanon and @SaMadhi_ on the podium
Well done to @Benmorgan on the fastest lap :)
That defending was far too aggressive and unsportsmanlike @Vincent Ullberg