Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014

Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix
Season 8

Race Information:

Date: Sun 25th May 2014
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Catalunya

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

• League Rules
• League Information
• Race Calendar
• Current Standings

Track Guide:

[video=youtube;iKg9D7Lqx6c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKg9D7Lqx6c[/video]

aalliigg

3-time AOR PC Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
[results="width:940px;height:520px"]key=0AqUuyPMQFID-dEhpY1dJU29EMlU3cU4tVERobjNzYnc&w idget=true&range=B2%3AF22&gid=105&single=true&chro me=false[/results]

aalliigg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Sorry for the delay in getting this thread up guys - it's been a manic week for me! :/

Granu

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2014
Its Ice Hockey World Championship Final today at same time as race would be. Finland vs Russia :) so not sure yet will i play or watch it :) but i will tell before race starts.

Jack1st

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
oh man, this leagues number of crashers increases and increases, could iza, mini, cem and umur be more careful the next races???....but nice to see that only me disconnected

Jack1st

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Heres the first lap.

[video=youtube;CNP4uNoGPVc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNP4uNoGPVc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Jan 14, 2014
I'm an idiot. I shouldn't trust Team Radio, I've told myself lots of times but I did the same mistake again. I had the same strategy with Alex and with the help of 1-lap newer tyres, I was increasing the gap progressively. But Kristian had a great strategy and overtook me in lap 18 as the rain hadn't come. I chose primes instead of inters - that happened unintentionally - and made one extra pit-stop. And I'm always terrible in wet track. Anyway, this is my qualifying lap. Last sector was not my best but it is still a good lap. Race video will be added soon.

aalliigg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
This is getting to be a serious issue on the opening lap.

We know we've got lots of lag issues, so PLEASE be very very careful on the opening lap. You just aren't going to be able to gain more than 1 position in the first corner. I see some people braking very very late and trying to win the whole race on the first lap. That just isn't going to happen.

If you aren't more careful in the future then I'm going to have to start handing out penalties.

Also, please don't retire during qualifying, it's very off putting.

Rant over.