PS4 - Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix

Joost

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 13, 2016
I cant race tonight.
My youngest son is at the hospital with a virus. Next week I hope to be back.

Good luck everybody tonight. I am going to watch the livestream of nu teammate @Wimstradamus

Wimstradamus

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T5 Champion
Premium Member
May 7, 2016
I cant race tonight.
My youngest son is at the hospital with a virus. Next week I hope to be back.

Good luck everybody tonight. I am going to watch the livestream of nu teammate @Wimstradamus
Hope he gets well soon.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N950F met Tapatalk

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Quali: P5
Pleasantly surprised that I was towards the front end of grid.

Race : DNF.
Disappointed as I had the pace to fight for podium but lost concentration and lost it on braking point for turn one after the braking markers got wiped out.
Had a good battle with Synergetyc though.

In the end consistency or the lack of it got me and lost a wing and when it rained I lost the plot so retired.
Congrats to winner and other podium spots.
Hope soon I can fight for them.

yourcaptainrex

Pro Karter
Sep 21, 2017
Quali- 6th
I was very rusty having not played for nearly a month (GT sport got in the way)

Race - 3rd
Was on for a 4th or 5th finish but the rain helped my strategy and Haze struggled for pace so managed 3rd.

Made lots of mistakes, probably could have done better if I wasn’t so rusty.

Wew Monaco next. Hype!!

MORETHANAMAZING

Bottlejob Extraordinaire
Premium Member
Aug 1, 2014
Qualifying: P9
Quite happy with that as this was my 1st laps in anger on this game in a month, with 10 laps practice.

Race: DNF
Gutted really, was keeping on the coat tails of the leaders until I lost it at the blind right hander and lost my front wing, pitted for a new front wing and went on the hards, i struggled with them as I couldnt get traction at all and was stuck behind my teammate for the entire stint, I nearly had him into S3 but out braked myself and lost a place to Tom, and while he tried to overtake my teammate played the team game and held Tom up so I could sneak past but unfortunately I must've touched Tom as he ended up in the grass.
(Sorry @Thomassbrownn) genuinely didn't touch you on purpose

Congrats to the top 3 good races by you all, next time I hope to be there with you

Thomasbrxwn

S13 AOR PS4 Assist Champion
Apr 4, 2017
Gonna race Monaco but probably won finish, then it’s gonna be my final race at Canada u less I find motivation and excitement and wnjoyment from somewhere, gg lads on today I just didn’t have the balance and can I just point out that Rurrumcum and Marcos your driving standards are embarrassing you both knocked me off track and not waited & don’t worry @MORETHANAMAZING

• Informative
Reactions: yourcaptainrex

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
It was quite laggy during qualifying and frame rate drop .
Did anyone else have this?

Haze

Formula Karter
Oct 30, 2014
Q: 3rd
Didn't do much practice this time so i really struggled, especially in sector 3. Times were varying from high 18s to mid 19s so I wasn't expecting to get much out of it.

R: 4th
Didn't do any race practice, just looked up the 1 stop on youtube. Start was good, I stayed back hoping top 2 would battle and they did. Got into 1st but in sector 3 I would just throw away the whole lap. Eventually dropped to 3rd but I was managing to keep up with the top 2. Rain came and I had a half red wing after spinning with 6 laps to go but I decided to go till the end despite the understeer. Sorry Rex for the slow contact, decided it was best to just let you by afterwards. Congrats to Giinis

Reactions: yourcaptainrex

Oner Schumacher

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 9, 2017
Gonna race Monaco but probably won finish, then it’s gonna be my final race at Canada u less I find motivation and excitement and wnjoyment from somewhere, gg lads on today I just didn’t have the balance and can I just point out that Rurrumcum and Marcos your driving standards are embarrassing you both knocked me off track and not waited & don’t worry @MORETHANAMAZING
If "Rurrumcum" is me, "by the way it should be onerurcum", I don't think I have knocked you.

Watch my video, actually you hit me.

Wimstradamus

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T5 Champion
Premium Member
May 7, 2016
Q-p7
R-p7

Mixed feelings, track is not my favorite so happy to score points but could have done better.
Quali: did a banker lap that was quite good, but in my second hotlap a driver was in the way sort of en did not finished the lap. third hot lap was purple in sector 1 green in sector 2 but made a mistake in sector 3 so happy to set a good banker lap that gave me 7th place.

Race was ok, strategy was bad, i new it was gonna rain at the end but did soft, soft, medium.
It was tricky in the wet so happy with the points.
Congrats to the winners.
on to Monaco

shyguy2008

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 16, 2017
Quali - First lap was terrible but put me 11th. Was going much faster on my second lap but some one in a williams decided to park it on the racing line on the entry to turn 5 ruining my lap

Race 6th - Start was okay, but then on the exit of turn 4 a Haas had a half spin ahead of me and I had no where to go so got front wing damage. I pitted at the end of lap 1 for a new wing and a set of Hard tyres. I then stayed out on said hard tyres until it started to rain towards the end of the race. I struggled a bit on the hards but as it started to rain I was faster than the cars around me but after losing 40 odd seconds at the start I was so far behind the top 5 the speed I had in the wet wasn't going to help much

joshualuke1993

S14 AOR PS4 F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Q - P2
Managed to set up a good banker lap of 19.2 on my initial run then somehow on my final quali run I manager to lose it on the right hander just before the DRS straight in the second sector but quite happy with P2.

R - P2
Managed to get an average start and on the run down to T1 I believe it went 3 wide so I knew I either had to brake late to try and avoid any major collisons as can't go 3 wide round T1. Managed to nail the braking but unfortunately I think Liloblade didn't see me coming and we made contact in T1 and hampered the exit which allowed Haze to get through and then Giinis on the run down to T4. After that it was a real battle swap place between us 3 for most of the dry stint. Managed some how to mess my in lap and in the pits which made me lose abit of time to Giinis but then the rain came and I don;t like rain this allowed Giinis to run away with and meant I had to settle for P2.

lioblade

Junior Karter
Sep 20, 2017
Q - Pole

Not quite sure where I pulled that lap from, but I'll take it! Got it by a decent margin too, so really disappointed I couldn't convert it into a race win. :(

Race - DNF

Got off to a decent start. I thought I had both @Haze and @joshualuke1993 covered, but @joshualuke1993 braked really late which caught me by surprise. He hit my rear wheel and I half-spun onto the escape road. I re-joined in pretty much last place. Picked my way though the pack OK until I came across @Bartek . Got pass down the main straight with DRS, but when turning into turn 1 he lag hit me from a good 20m behind taking my entire front wing off. I retired at this point as I was too far behind to get anything from this race.

Giinis

Semi-Pro Karter
May 30, 2017
Q - P4
Had a very messy session, small mistakes here and there, not clean at all. I got a decent lap that put me in P2 but could't improve on the second run. In practice i did a 1.18.9 so having a 19.4 was really not what I wanted. Nice lap from my teammate @lioblade!

Race - P1
Had a great first lap, got a few positions early, had a decent pace the first 8 laps but the next two was very hard for me, loosing the back end all the time in the slower corners. Had a hard and fair battle with @joshualuke1993 and @Haze for P1 but when switching to harder compounds I had a consistent pace all the way to the end. Was very happy to get my second win for the season and looking forward for Monaco to fight for the third one!