PC - Round 6 - British Grand Prix [20/05/18 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 6 - British Grand Prix [20/05/18 8:00pm]

Raiderrediar

Pro Karter
Mar 30, 2018
Got migrating host, if I blocked someone, I'm sorry. Got it right at the end of the quali session. That's also why i could not even start the race :(

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
Got migrating host, if I blocked someone, I'm sorry. Got it right at the end of the quali session. That's also why i could not even start the race :(
Really sorry mate, in the rush to get my strategy set I didnt see your steam message. Best to be on Discord for the races so you can verbally tell me that you need something like an invite back into the session. I'll be sure to talk with the host about it being a friends only session so that people can rejoin on their own.

I need absolutely every single one of you to reply to this thread pinging me in your message and explicitly acknowledging that you are aware from now on to NOT START THE RACE SESSION IMMEDIATELY AFTER SETTING YOUR RACE STRATEGY. It only takes one person doing it to start the countdown, and it happens every single race 10 seconds after I say not to do it. It's unfair to people to rush them into setting their strategy in the first 5 seconds of the screen showing up. There's no need to start it that quickly, it fucks things up for the entire group.

@Menete @KillerS55 @EversVincent @Kevin Kalt @Waffle Man @Raiderrediar @Pappiii @v6guN @Reprimanded @Haky @Frihman @willv @Jordy van Oosten @DannyTard @SignaKiller @Ryndal @Kippetje @thomasooo @WetschEsVetteli

Reactions: Frihman

Frihman

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 1, 2018
How was the connection for everybody? As far as I'm concerned, it worked out well.

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
How was the connection for everybody? As far as I'm concerned, it worked out well.
Seems as though a few had some issues. I remember someone saying they hadnt seen another racer leave the pits during qualy. DannyTard lost connection on the way into qualifying, and Raiderrediar lost connection on the way into the race itself. We'll go back to Jordy next week if he's available, as that seemed the best so far. Waffle mentioned being available as well, I didnt see that in time for the race today. We can use Waffle as a backup for Jordy next week.

Reactions: Frihman

Frihman

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 1, 2018
Seems as though a few had some issues. I remember someone saying they hadnt seen another racer leave the pits during qualy. DannyTard lost connection on the way into qualifying, and Raiderrediar lost connection on the way into the race itself. We'll go back to Jordy next week if he's available, as that seemed the best so far. Waffle mentioned being available as well, I didnt see that in time for the race today. We can use Waffle as a backup for Jordy next week.
Yeah, It’s best if I only host as a last resort if no one else can, as it didn’t seem to work out that well. Let’s hope that Jordy and Waffle is available next race :)

willv

Formula Karter
Apr 1, 2018
@IntergalacticGentleman @Frihman I had some problems with lag. It lagged right at the start, I went wide just to make sure I didn't hit anyone. Then lost half my front wing in the end of the first lap because one of the Ferraris passed me and suddenly lagged back into me in the braking point.

I also noticed some cars lagging around appearing as disconnected and suddenly back to connected in qualifying.

Also if anyone has footage of the first lap from the last places please hit me up.

Kevin Kalt

Formula Karter
Aug 31, 2017
got spun by @Kippetje on lab2...race over after that...

second race in a row he caused issues for me. Last week in spain he run wide at turn 1, got tangled up with waffleman and caused chaos...

Kippetje

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 30, 2018
got spun by @Kippetje on lab2...race over after that...

second race in a row he caused issues for me. Last week in spain he run wide at turn 1, got tangled up with waffleman and caused chaos...
In spain waffleman lost control and I had to dodge him, iirc I even moved to the left, OFF the racing line to dodge him so as to NOT get in the way of others. If you got in trouble isn't really my problem at all, its a racing incident.

In this GP I was along side you from my POV and you closed the door on me and I couldn't get out of it. Again, you could say its a racing incident. View from teammate view (though it's a bit far back):

I would like to make note I reported you for leaving 2/3 of all your races so far, which is not allowed because it causes issues:
https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/f9-multiple-mid-session-disconnects.34087/

Plus it's a waste of potential points from your end as well, I spun twice yesterday and still made P3.

edit: video of spain start:

Last edited: