PS4 - Round 6 - British Grand Prix - Sunday 20th May (8:00 UK Time) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 6 - British Grand Prix - Sunday 20th May (8:00 UK Time)

HoinkDoink

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 18, 2017
There is a little glitch with this track which allows you to use the run off area for an advantage where you put all 4 wheels off the track and still gain time instead of lifting to stay on track, at the corners of both copse and Stowe. Please try not to exploit this and if you do see anyone continue to push the boundaries please take them to the stewards, you will need video of evidence of the offence.

@SaMadhi_ @Nozza_95 @Carcanon @HoinkDoink @Jarryd Vermeulen @Ivorbrynmike @syluntbob @Vincent Ullberg @kingbrat20010 @Texho @Iestyn rhys @Olky @alikemal_05 @Benmorgan @kerkinator1996

Carcanon

S16 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Dec 8, 2017
Q: 8th
R: 10th

Qualifying was around as expected. Not a fan of this track.

At the start I saw @Jarryd Vermeulen lagging all over the place and a front wing flying, probably from @alikemal_05.
Went into 5th place behind @kerkinator1996 and @Vincent Ullberg.
As they were both convinced of a first place / podium i just stayed back.
Then the moment happened that @Vincent Ullberg went of track and rejoined very unsafe right in front of @kerkinator1996. Because of this I was affected too by getting a yellow front wing. Than I got a red front wing what looked like a brake check from @kerkinator1996.
I stayed out as I wanted to wait for the rain to stop. Lost many positions.
When I went onto the Mediums I had finally my first battle since Australia. Several rounds I tried to overtake @HoinkDoink just never had the better exit and @HoinkDoink had always the better line.
@kerkinator1996 was closing in and overtook me very agressivly by pushing me of the track. He passed @HoinkDoink also.
At the final chicane I tried to overtake @HoinkDoink but he couldn't get his traction right what again costed me my front wing.
Then I had to let @Ivorbrynmike and finally @syluntbob pass me as I would've been a danger defending the position.

Really unhappy with the driving style of some drivers. They need to think more about others instead of only thinking about their selfs.

Reactions: syluntbob

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
Q: 8th
R: 10th

Qualifying was around as expected. Not a fan of this track.

At the start I saw @Jarryd Vermeulen lagging all over the place and a front wing flying, probably from @alikemal_05.
Went into 5th place behind @kerkinator1996 and @Vincent Ullberg.
As they were both convinced of a first place / podium i just stayed back.
Then the moment happened that @Vincent Ullberg went of track and rejoined very unsafe right in front of @kerkinator1996. Because of this I was affected too by getting a yellow front wing. Than I got a red front wing what looked like a brake check from @kerkinator1996.
I stayed out as I wanted to wait for the rain to stop. Lost many positions.
When I went onto the Mediums I had finally my first battle since Australia. Several rounds I tried to overtake @HoinkDoink just never had the better exit and @HoinkDoink had always the better line.
@kerkinator1996 was closing in and overtook me very agressivly by pushing me of the track. He passed @HoinkDoink also.
At the final chicane I tried to overtake @HoinkDoink but he couldn't get his traction right what again costed me my front wing.
Then I had to let @Ivorbrynmike and finally @syluntbob pass me as I would've been a danger defending the position.

Really unhappy with the driving style of some drivers. They need to think more about others instead of only thinking about their selfs.
Lag moment at the start sadly so had avoid hitting the guy in first and then I got lagged into the wall. Disappointing and sorry if ruined anyone race.

Reactions: Carcanon

kerkinator1996

S15 AOR PS4 F7 Champion
Mar 20, 2018
Q; 4th
R: 8th

This was going to be my first podium, at least that was what I thought.
Qualifying was a 5/10, bottled my best run being 6 tenths up my 28.2
In the race I had to be cautious because of the jarryd incident, which allowed 3 guys to overtake me.
After overtaking @syluntbob, what went a little uneasy, I got stuck behind @Vincent Ullberg, who was 2-3 secs slower than I could be. Then some lag kicked in and after a dangerous rejoin from his side and being overcautious because of the lag, at lap 4 I smashed into his back because I got caught out when he broke a lot earlier than I could have done.
Wing broke, had to pit. Fell all the way back, tried to pit early for slicks, which turned out to be a bad choice as well.
When the track finally dried, I was the fastest guy on the track by a decent margin and I started catching the guys in front. I overtook @Ivorbrynmike and then Bob after a mistake from his side and after that. i came up to @Carcanon and @HoinkDoink. I quickly overtook carcanon, little bit over the edge and after that Hoink as well, lot cleaner that time.
I had collected 9 secs of time penaltys so I knew I had to force a gap. 9 secs in 6 or 7 laps. Which almost happened. 8.958 secs to be exact, so in the end I finished just behind Hoink at P8.

Disappointing race, since I was the fastest guy on the track. Questionable actions decided the race for me which was a shame. Please for the next time, if u'r that much slower, dont make up such a fight that may cost someone his race. Racing is a part of the game, but it can be too much, certainly when lag is involved.

Ivorbrynmike

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2017
My race was alright all things considered I knew my quali pace wasn't there but I knew in dry condition I had the pace to get some decent points if I could keep up in the inters conditions and I think I done well with a yellow front wing to stay relatively close soon as the track dried up had some good battles moving up the order but once again I'm struck with some bad luck when I had a monstrous run on @HoinkDoink on lap 25 when he kinda forced me on to the grass but after speaking to him he said he didn't realise that I was there because I had such a good run so I'll chalke it up to a racing incident but after that I was calm and a fair bit slower for the remainder of lap 25 trying not to spin the rears because of the grass on them but lap 26 I started pushing and sure enough the grip didn't come back to me as i thought they would and the rears spun me off into the wall gutted to have for the 4th time a DNF when I should've scored points