PS4 - ROUND 6 - MONACO GRAND PRIX [18/11/18 8:00 PM U.K.] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 ROUND 6 - MONACO GRAND PRIX [18/11/18 8:00 PM U.K.]

ELIT3_gam3boy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 24, 2016
Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 18th November 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Monaco
Laps: 39

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

TheogGR1

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Aug 12, 2015
Minute silence pre race?
lol I remember on f1 2016 we agreed to have a minute of silence (cant remember about what) for the first minute of qualy but it started to rain on a dry track so some guys went out while others stayed in the garage for the minute of silence. :LOL:

Sean B

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 6, 2015
@TheogGR1 seriously????

That's either absolutely hysterical or wildly inappropriate and I can't tell the difference :LOL:

Nexus1011

S18 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Apr 14, 2016
Won't be able to race tonight...really not feeling that well.
Really shitty season for me so far...so much bad luck.

Anyway...good luck guys i have some uni work here.

Sean B

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 6, 2015
Well lads - epic stuff ;)

Q: p13 - a solid 1.2 seconds of what I was consistently doing in practice so my run of having the pace for the top 2 rows and absolutely choking continues with no top 10 starts to date.

R: p9

Caught up by a spun out @Mikkel Sørensen I stopped before hitting him only to be hit from behind and lose my wing anyway - made it back and pitted for SS to run to the end.

Then an out of control @APeeeX_EU on the exit of tabac clipped the wall and came across me causing another front wing loss - emerged lap 4 already one lap down and stone dead last (or second to last ahead of @SolidNinjaSnake - I cannot remember which run this was). Miles behind the field I suddenly regained the speed I had in practice and starting putting in flyer after flyer before arriving on the back of @99Pipmatt on lap 20. I decided to do the opposite to him as we were both on the same strat at this stage and managed to make the overcut work before setting off for @ELIT3_gam3boy who at this point was around 10 seconds up the road.

More hotlaps later and I was sat P11 with around 8 to go on the back of @FTR_Drez and here I do have to apologise, I did tap you into T1 which did cause a small loss of wing for you which couldn't have been nice for the rest of the race, if it is any consolation I also lost a bit of mine too. A crashed @TheMightyBucket- just before the hairpin and a spun out @ELIT3_gam3boy on the exit of the tunnel shuffled me up to P9 with only a handful of laps remaining. Thank you to @DemoN and @Guiggs for getting out of the way and allowing us to fight at this point.

Then a failed move again into T1 on @FTR_Drez gave me a poor run up the hill and @ELIT3_gam3boy and his recently upgraded 20000bhp rocket ship glided past before passing Drez the following lap. It wasn't until the penultimate lap where I pulled a Schumacher into the last corner to get back p9.

It was by no means the cleanest affair but still all things considering I did really enjoy that.

Nagging point - can either @ELIT3_gam3boy or @DemoN either wield a banhammer or do something about @Alex Shield please. Going round Monaco with a flurry of messages from someone crying about crashing is bad enough but its been happening all season long.

Reactions: Roadhouse

Roadhouse

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 21, 2017
Love the idea of a banhammer! Saw @DemoN swinging it yesterday at some pleb in F2 in majestic fashion!
In all seriousness though, messages during the race need to stop. It's not the first time this season and the PSN chat is for coordination purposes, not for voicing opinions and grievances. The amount of spamming for the 1st 3 laps was churlish at best, especially considering the one msg of any importance yesterday was completely overlooked anyway. Next time I'll take this to the stewards and they can solve it - the lack of respect for the other 19 drivers is astonishing. I was irked by the restart as I was in a position to challenge for at least a podium but if the race is a farce because of lag issues then it is what it is.
Managed to salvage P5 after the world's longest pit stop changing the FW after the carnage infront of me at the start in the actual race - turns out 3 cars side by side through St Devote doesn't go well!

TheogGR1

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Aug 12, 2015
Nagging point - can either @ELIT3_gam3boy or @DemoN either wield a banhammer or do something about @Alex Shield please. Going round Monaco with a flurry of messages from someone crying about crashing is bad enough but its been happening all season long.
+1

What a mess yesterday, horrible lag for everyone and then the pile up at the restart. Was in a very lonely P5 after lap 1. Really struggled with the tyre temps so didnt really have good pace and on lap 13 I hit the wall so I lost half my frontwing. Had to do a few very slow laps until I could pit for the US. P6 in the end, P5 was definitely achievable but at the same time I probably wouldnt have been in the points at all if the pile up didnt happen.

• Informative
Reactions: SolidNinjaSnake

APeeeX_EU

Formula Karter
Nov 11, 2018
Im sorry for the collision @Sean B. After the restart I was another driver like it was my First time playing the Game.
So much mistakes :( But the pace was still good and i think without these mistakes it could have been top 5 :D

Sorry for my Bad english im a German :D

Reactions: Sean B

99Pipmatt

F1 Sponsored Driver
Mar 2, 2017
  1. Well lads - epic stuff ;)

Q: p13 - a solid 1.2 seconds of what I was consistently doing in practice so my run of having the pace for the top 2 rows and absolutely choking continues with no top 10 starts to date.

R: p9

Caught up by a spun out @Mikkel Sørensen I stopped before hitting him only to be hit from behind and lose my wing anyway - made it back and pitted for SS to run to the end.

Then an out of control @APeeeX_EU on the exit of tabac clipped the wall and came across me causing another front wing loss - emerged lap 4 already one lap down and stone dead last (or second to last ahead of @SolidNinjaSnake - I cannot remember which run this was). Miles behind the field I suddenly regained the speed I had in practice and starting putting in flyer after flyer before arriving on the back of @99Pipmatt on lap 20. I decided to do the opposite to him as we were both on the same strat at this stage and managed to make the overcut work before setting off for @ELIT3_gam3boy who at this point was around 10 seconds up the road.

More hotlaps later and I was sat P11 with around 8 to go on the back of @FTR_Drez and here I do have to apologise, I did tap you into T1 which did cause a small loss of wing for you which couldn't have been nice for the rest of the race, if it is any consolation I also lost a bit of mine too. A crashed @TheMightyBucket- just before the hairpin and a spun out @ELIT3_gam3boy on the exit of the tunnel shuffled me up to P9 with only a handful of laps remaining. Thank you to @DemoN and @Guiggs for getting out of the way and allowing us to fight at this point.

Then a failed move again into T1 on @FTR_Drez gave me a poor run up the hill and @ELIT3_gam3boy and his recently upgraded 20000bhp rocket ship glided past before passing Drez the following lap. It wasn't until the penultimate lap where I pulled a Schumacher into the last corner to get back p9.

It was by no means the cleanest affair but still all things considering I did really enjoy that.

The overcut worked as I went for spin at the chicane lol. Agree with the @Alex Shield points as well, it’s ridiculous he just needs to grow up and except the fact we cannot restart due to crashes. Yes I wouldn’t of minded a restart either but spamming 60 messages saying “restart” is a joke

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
So first of all, the way the restart happened did come about a bit strange. I mean unless multiple people were in a chat together with mics, how'd they know the lag was a widespread issue and not just them? Usually, we'd finish the race and then find out about the problems, to then reschedule it for a later date. With that being said, it was the right decision though in this case. Just for the record in the lag race, I had terrible lag where I broke my wing first lap on the back of a teleporting car, and again a few laps later as cars were teleporting back and forth. So for me, the restart was definitely required, not to mention needed haha.

Anyway, this race was looking like a complete disaster this week until Saturday when I managed to change my driving style, which helped to stop every single compound of tyre from overheating. A good job too, as I'd have been even further behind the field! Even with my situation solved, I was still so slow! Haha.

Qualifying
Considering where I qualified, I guess saying my laps were crap would be pointing out the obvious haha! But yeah, on my second lap I messed up T1 but made time up at the end. My third lap where I was 6 tenths up got disrupted by @ELIT3_gam3boy as he crashed out at Tabac. So I had to lift to avoid his car which cost me a lot of time. Then on my final lap I was already 4 tenths down by Tabac, so I just completely threw the car around in the final sector and I have no idea how I didn't crash with all the sliding going on haha, but I actually made up time! I finished with a 1:10.505. So potentially I could have done about a 10.1 I think? Maybe slightly quicker but even so... I'd still have qualified in last place. I was so slow compared to everyone else.

Race
Luckiest. Race. Ever!

Obviously it got restarted, where @Alex Shield did take his grid penalty this time, pushing me up a position. Not for long as he went around the outside at the start. Knowing I was slow I let him go so I could just run my race and see where I finished up. Then to my surprise an almighty pile up on the exit of T1! Thankfully I was able to slow in time and avoid damage! I eventually found my way through the carnage and the non ghosted cars to then pass very cautiously a few of those who got damage from the incident. By the end of Lap 1 with everyone pitting, I was up into P7! Now I was just focused on not overheating the tyres, getting to the end and hopefully grabbing some points!

My car did feel a bit strange though which made me think I had damage but nothing was showing. I also thought the fuel had glitched as it wasn't changing how I was expecting, so I did have to run in lean for a few laps at some point in the race. Anyway, Lap 10 @TheogGR1 caught me up and attempted a pass at the Nouvelle Chicane which I think I defended fairly? Regardless I knew how much slower I was and as said, I just wanted to get to the end of the race with no incidents. Maybe it's not a good mindset to have but being much slower than others, especially around Monaco is not a good combination and I didn't want any incidents because of it. So T1 I didn't put up a fight and braked earlier and gave him the inside line. Of course he pulled away, but eventually I caught up again which I was certain he must have either overheated his tyres or got damage. (Which confirms it after seeing his post), All the while having @VSR_Jake behind me who I was just managing to keep behind me. Knowing what I thought I knew at the time, I considered doing the undercut on TheOG but he pitted Lap 19. So I opted to stay out and pit on the planned Lap of 22 and hope he got stuck in traffic.

Which it would have worked too! I saw him coming down the start/finish straight and I was able to exit the pits ahead of him! Until I saw blue flags... I wondered what the hell? Thinking it was a glitch or something but nope, I didn't realise that @FTR_SergiMtZ was actually behind me! Sorry if I cost you some time, I didn't realise but once I did, I quickly let him go which unfortunately allowed @TheogGR1 to go through too! This put me down into P8 briefly until someone ahead pitted, giving me back P7. I was then barely holding off @TheMightyBucket-, I think thanks to me being on fresh Ultrasofts compared to his Supersofts. I think at some point he let his teammate @ELIT3_gam3boy through as I had him on my tail at one point. So now I was having to fend off both Red Bulls! Then Lap 30 arrived and I was able to breathe a little easier as I think EliteGameboy hit the barrier at the Nouvelle Chicane. Then Lap 34 something happened to TheMightyBucket at Mirabeau? (T5) Which again let me breathe a little easier. Not sure if something happened to @TheogGR1 towards the end as I was catching him up quickly again, but unfortunately due to being lapped, our race finished a lap earlier. So I finished in P7!

Sorry for the long post and thanks to anyone that reads it all, but what a hell of a lucky race! Coming from P17 to finish P7! I'll definitely take that! Long may these lucky points finishes continue! Haha!

ELIT3_gam3boy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 24, 2016
So first of all, the way the restart happened did come about a bit strange. I mean unless multiple people were in a chat together with mics, how'd they know the lag was a widespread issue and not just them? Usually, we'd finish the race and then find out about the problems, to then reschedule it for a later date. With that being said, it was the right decision though in this case. Just for the record in the lag race, I had terrible lag where I broke my wing first lap on the back of a teleporting car, and again a few laps later as cars were teleporting back and forth. So for me, the restart was definitely required, not to mention needed haha.

Anyway, this race was looking like a complete disaster this week until Saturday when I managed to change my driving style, which helped to stop every single compound of tyre from overheating. A good job too, as I'd have been even further behind the field! Even with my situation solved, I was still so slow! Haha.

Qualifying
Considering where I qualified, I guess saying my laps were crap would be pointing out the obvious haha! But yeah, on my second lap I messed up T1 but made time up at the end. My third lap where I was 6 tenths up got disrupted by @ELIT3_gam3boy as he crashed out at Tabac. So I had to lift to avoid his car which cost me a lot of time. Then on my final lap I was already 4 tenths down by Tabac, so I just completely threw the car around in the final sector and I have no idea how I didn't crash with all the sliding going on haha, but I actually made up time! I finished with a 1:10.505. So potentially I could have done about a 10.1 I think? Maybe slightly quicker but even so... I'd still have qualified in last place. I was so slow compared to everyone else.

Race
Luckiest. Race. Ever!

Obviously it got restarted, where @Alex Shield did take his grid penalty this time, pushing me up a position. Not for long as he went around the outside at the start. Knowing I was slow I let him go so I could just run my race and see where I finished up. Then to my surprise an almighty pile up on the exit of T1! Thankfully I was able to slow in time and avoid damage! I eventually found my way through the carnage and the non ghosted cars to then pass very cautiously a few of those who got damage from the incident. By the end of Lap 1 with everyone pitting, I was up into P7! Now I was just focused on not overheating the tyres, getting to the end and hopefully grabbing some points!

My car did feel a bit strange though which made me think I had damage but nothing was showing. I also thought the fuel had glitched as it wasn't changing how I was expecting, so I did have to run in lean for a few laps at some point in the race. Anyway, Lap 10 @TheogGR1 caught me up and attempted a pass at the Nouvelle Chicane which I think I defended fairly? Regardless I knew how much slower I was and as said, I just wanted to get to the end of the race with no incidents. Maybe it's not a good mindset to have but being much slower than others, especially around Monaco is not a good combination and I didn't want any incidents because of it. So T1 I didn't put up a fight and braked earlier and gave him the inside line. Of course he pulled away, but eventually I caught up again which I was certain he must have either overheated his tyres or got damage. (Which confirms it after seeing his post), All the while having @VSR_Jake behind me who I was just managing to keep behind me. Knowing what I thought I knew at the time, I considered doing the undercut on TheOG but he pitted Lap 19. So I opted to stay out and pit on the planned Lap of 22 and hope he got stuck in traffic.

Which it would have worked too! I saw him coming down the start/finish straight and I was able to exit the pits ahead of him! Until I saw blue flags... I wondered what the hell? Thinking it was a glitch or something but nope, I didn't realise that @FTR_SergiMtZ was actually behind me! Sorry if I cost you some time, I didn't realise but once I did, I quickly let him go which unfortunately allowed @TheogGR1 to go through too! This put me down into P8 briefly until someone ahead pitted, giving me back P7. I was then barely holding off @TheMightyBucket-, I think thanks to me being on fresh Ultrasofts compared to his Supersofts. I think at some point he let his teammate @ELIT3_gam3boy through as I had him on my tail at one point. So now I was having to fend off both Red Bulls! Then Lap 30 arrived and I was able to breathe a little easier as I think EliteGameboy hit the barrier at the Nouvelle Chicane. Then Lap 34 something happened to TheMightyBucket at Mirabeau? (T5) Which again let me breathe a little easier. Not sure if something happened to @TheogGR1 towards the end as I was catching him up quickly again, but unfortunately due to being lapped, our race finished a lap earlier. So I finished in P7!

Sorry for the long post and thanks to anyone that reads it all, but what a hell of a lucky race! Coming from P17 to finish P7! I'll definitely take that! Long may these lucky points finishes continue! Haha!
Dude, I can't even repeat what I called you when I got stuck behind you. It reminded so much of season 13 vs @iJokeri22 that I just lost my **** when I span.

xMtZx_

Formula Karter
Aug 18, 2018
Hi,

Pretty strange race yesterday, can you put some rule of not being able to send messages during the race? AlExMusica sent many messages during the race and being monaco .