PS4 - Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix - 18th November 2018 [8:00pm (UK time)] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix - 18th November 2018 [8:00pm (UK time)]

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
To all drivers!

Please do NOT retire on track during the race and especially qualy! It will royally jack up other drivers during a hot lap. As always, if need be, please retire in the pits.

Gracias!

Reactions: F1Scotgolf

F1Scotgolf

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q 8th but grid drop infront promoted me to 7th during my runs i came across a slow going sauber at t1 so had to abort my run and in doing so got in the way of a car at the top of the hill i went straight in the pits and apologised then my final run i was flying up alot on my time and would possible pushed me into top 5 positions no where near pole but it would have got me up their but came across a williams bouncing of what seemed like every wall from the herpin till the pits so i aborted that lap as well.

R 2nd pretty sure codemasters dislike Scottish people as Jeff took me saying driver behind a fair few times as lower the front wing when second safety car came out i elected to smash and grab a brand new set of the HS to go for fastest lap by the time i came out of the pits i noticed on my MFD front wing is at 5 i was worried that im potentially throwing away my best result yet on Jeff being a TW*T and not understanding me but i kept the head added a few clicks off front brake bias to help reduce the massive amounts of under-steer. all in all im quite happy will upload my live stream for anyone willing to watch it later after YouTube processes it but very pleased with my result for team Mercedes. look out top 5 im making a move for you lot

Congratulations to @Nick again for his win and to @Limaro Fipama for 3rd but a massive congratulations to all who finished points for all who finished well done again.

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
QF P5 but 5 place grid penalty saw me start P10

Race P3 Very happy with this result. A track I’m terrible at and starting from so far down the order and running with damaged wing for final third of race. First stint went ok and managed to jump @Jason007 under first safety car restarting P6. Middle of race nothing much happened but found myself P3 after a couple of incidents in front. Lap 22 I pitted for supers as I didn’t feel confident on ultras and had lost ground to front 2. Came out P4 7 secs behind high ground, took a few laps to catch him up but I also had @JimiRäikkönen catching me quickly. We had a great battle although I damaged my wing and began to struggle but I finally got passed highground as he was slow coming out the tunnel. Moments later another safety car and I decided to stay out with the broken wing and hold position in P3. Race restart with 5 laps to go, @F1Scotgolf pulls way easy on fresh tyres and I had to battle hard to keep PPK behind me who was also on new tyres.

Congrats to @Nick-1054 on another win and Scott on his first podium.

F1Scotgolf

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
you over heated your tires i bet they were over 100 degrees i kept mine below 97 degrees thats why your rear was loose

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Q: P8
R: DSQ

Pre-Race Interview - MONACO! My favorite circuit of the entire calendar. Did quite a few practice races, both in the dry and full-wet. Many broken wings but was feeling very confident with the setup and strategy.

Qualy (0:00) - Qualy went very well. Did not hit any traffic at all which surprised me. There was some room for improvement, but satisfied overall with a P8 (P7 after a grid penalty).

Strategy (1:45) - Strategy would be crucial at Monaco, not speed. The one-stopper was ideal, then modify should there be any broken wings or SC. Monaco is a very thirsty track so I went with heavy fuel and would leave it on Medium mix for the duration of the race, modifying only the ERS should it be needed.

LIGHTS OUT (4:30) - Good start, but decided to go easy into Turn 1. @danio gets loose and goes into the sidepod of @louielouie50. I hang back to avoid damage. Made it through Turn 1! P7

Lap 1 (5:48) - Oops... 1/3 warnings.

Lap 3 (8:25) - @danio runs wide exiting Tabac and impacts the wall hard. Up to P6.

Lap 5 (10:10) - SAFETY CAR! First SC of Monaco. (Foreshadowing for my inevitable end).

*At this point I'm thinking if I should pit or not? Rears are at 25%. SS till the end or US > US? Nearly everyone in front pits, so I'm thinking I made the wrong call. P3*

Lap 6 (12:15) - The start of the downward spiral. Distracted by my MFD and thinking strategy, I completely neglect to look at my delta.

*Speeding under SC. Drive Through Penalty* o_O

Lap 6 Continued (12:52) - I manage to catch up to the pack. With the drive-through I'll pit now for SS till the end, take the drive-through, finish race. Done and done. Right...? RIGHT???? No

Lap 6 Continueded (12:56) - With the pack bunched up behind the SC I dive into the pits. HOWEVER, with the pit entry where it is, geographically it has me overtaking @JimiRäikkönen and moving up into P2. The game decides this is an overtake and hands me a 5-second Stop-Go penalty for ignoring yellow flags (In my footage take a look at my geographic location in the pits compared to the circuit and the other cars). :eek:

*To recap, at this point I now have to server the Drive-Through for speeding behind the SC, AND now a 5-second Stop-Go for "Ignoring Yellow flags". My Monaco has literally collapsed in on itself at this point.*

Lap 8 (16:50) - Back to racing. P8.

Lap 9 (18:00) - First warning to serve the Drive-Through Penalty within the next two laps. I decide to go another lap and let the field spread out, which would mitigate the damage a bit. Behind @Limaro Fipama and ahead of @louielouie50 but not fighting. No reason to.

Lap 10 (19:00) - @chaingang123 goes hard into the wall and retires. P7.

Lap 10 Continued (19;15) - Second warning, "Drive Through Penalty - Serve Penalty This Lap". You got it! At this point even Jeff gets on the radio to tell me if I don't pit this lap I'll be DSQ.

Lap 10 Continueded (19:22) - Box Box Box! I enter the pits carefully. "Penalty" appears, thinking I'm serving my Drive-Through, when suddenly I see the pit crew come out! :eek: My car boxes and I sit there for 5-seconds. I'M SERVING THE DAMN 5-SECOND PENALTY! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*(19:53) - D... S... Q*

Feel free to watch the rest of the race. Quite a few good battles till the end!

Post-Race Interview - What do I say at this point? Felt so confident going into the race, only to have it snatched away by the game itself. I know my negligence caused the initial speeding behind the SC, but after that... wow. Blood is still boiling now, so I think it's time for a few days break from F1 and AOR; Focus on other things for a few days. Overall though this season hasn't been going the way I've hoped. 6 races in and only 17 points to show for it. Last season I had 48 points in the first 6 races in Season 15. Need to figure something out. I know I'm better than this. Mood at this point...

Congrats to @Nick-1054 on another win!
Congrats to @F1Scotgolf and @Limaro Fipama to push through for the Podium!

Reactions: Limaro_83 and iej76

louielouie50

Formula Karter
Sep 13, 2018
Quali - P6 (5th after a penalty) found nearly a second on my final run which launched me up from 11th - not close to the top guys but pleased with my place in the middle group. Looking for a clean start with a plan to do HS-SS 1 stop driving below ultimate pace to look after the rears as track position is always crucial.

Race -P5 the clean start dream ends pretty quickly as @danio gets wheelspin and swerves into me: yellow front wing already. Luckily able to pit under early safety car and only lose a couple of positions.

Spend about 15 laps driving around on my own in 4/5th, about 8/10ths a lap slower then @Limaro Fipama but the same amount quicker than Chris behind, looking to maintain the tyres to the end. Limaro pits putting me 3rd but a small lapse in concentration means I've damaged my front wing again, so am limping round pretty slowly - after a few laps he gets me out of the tunnel, but exiting the chicane @JimiRäikkönen tries to make it two wide into the next corner where there is no room, I do my best to give him room but he bounces off the barrier and squeezes me towards the wall - I try to get through the next chicane but I have more damage now and me and @ramma have come together in the aftermath, I've hit the barrier and ramma is out also - when I work out how to edit it I'll share my footage of the incident/race highlights.

Final SC, I pit for a new wing and come out behind kingfoemecassa (sp?) and manage to him down the inside of Mirabeau - felt bloody amazing, then spend two laps as the Nigel Mansell to @MrRobinhx 's Senna '92, much quicker tyres but he defends perfectly and I can't get past.

So, 5th after penalties for others, eventful race and probably the position I'd have finished on pace without the incident with PPK/Jimi. Overall fairly pleased and equal my best result of the season so far.

F1Scotgolf

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
After reviewing my footage and some others i noticed that someone had a bad connection where they were going in the pits and then for a split second their car showed up on the last corner just infront of the car going round it. did any one else get that during the race

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Q: P8
R: DSQ

Pre-Race Interview - MONACO! My favorite circuit of the entire calendar. Did quite a few practice races, both in the dry and full-wet. Many broken wings but was feeling very confident with the setup and strategy.

Qualy (0:00) - Qualy went very well. Did not hit any traffic at all which surprised me. There was some room for improvement, but satisfied overall with a P8 (P7 after a grid penalty).

Strategy (1:45) - Strategy would be crucial at Monaco, not speed. The one-stopper was ideal, then modify should there be any broken wings or SC. Monaco is a very thirsty track so I went with heavy fuel and would leave it on Medium mix for the duration of the race, modifying only the ERS should it be needed.

LIGHTS OUT (4:30) - Good start, but decided to go easy into Turn 1. @danio gets loose and goes into the sidepod of @louielouie50. I hang back to avoid damage. Made it through Turn 1! P7

Lap 1 (5:48) - Oops... 1/3 warnings.

Lap 3 (8:25) - @danio runs wide exiting Tabac and impacts the wall hard. Up to P6.

Lap 5 (10:10) - SAFETY CAR! First SC of Monaco. (Foreshadowing for my inevitable end).

*At this point I'm thinking if I should pit or not? Rears are at 25%. SS till the end or US > US? Nearly everyone in front pits, so I'm thinking I made the wrong call. P3*

Lap 6 (12:15) - The start of the downward spiral. Distracted by my MFD and thinking strategy, I completely neglect to look at my delta.

*Speeding under SC. Drive Through Penalty* o_O

Lap 6 Continued (12:52) - I manage to catch up to the pack. With the drive-through I'll pit now for SS till the end, take the drive-through, finish race. Done and done. Right...? RIGHT???? No

Lap 6 Continueded (12:56) - With the pack bunched up behind the SC I dive into the pits. HOWEVER, with the pit entry where it is, geographically it has me overtaking @JimiRäikkönen and moving up into P2. The game decides this is an overtake and hands me a 5-second Stop-Go penalty for ignoring yellow flags (In my footage take a look at my geographic location in the pits compared to the circuit and the other cars). :eek:

*To recap, at this point I now have to server the Drive-Through for speeding behind the SC, AND now a 5-second Stop-Go for "Ignoring Yellow flags". My Monaco has literally collapsed in on itself at this point.*

Lap 8 (16:50) - Back to racing. P8.

Lap 9 (18:00) - First warning to serve the Drive-Through Penalty within the next two laps. I decide to go another lap and let the field spread out, which would mitigate the damage a bit. Behind @Limaro Fipama and ahead of @louielouie50 but not fighting. No reason to.

Lap 10 (19:00) - @chaingang123 goes hard into the wall and retires. P7.

Lap 10 Continued (19;15) - Second warning, "Drive Through Penalty - Serve Penalty This Lap". You got it! At this point even Jeff gets on the radio to tell me if I don't pit this lap I'll be DSQ.

Lap 10 Continueded (19:22) - Box Box Box! I enter the pits carefully. "Penalty" appears, thinking I'm serving my Drive-Through, when suddenly I see the pit crew come out! :eek: My car boxes and I sit there for 5-seconds. I'M SERVING THE DAMN 5-SECOND PENALTY! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*(19:53) - D... S... Q*

Feel free to watch the rest of the race. Quite a few good battles till the end!

Post-Race Interview - What do I say at this point? Felt so confident going into the race, only to have it snatched away by the game itself. I know my negligence caused the initial speeding behind the SC, but after that... wow. Blood is still boiling now, so I think it's time for a few days break from F1 and AOR; Focus on other things for a few days. Overall though this season hasn't been going the way I've hoped. 6 races in and only 17 points to show for it. Last season I had 48 points in the first 6 races in Season 15. Need to figure something out. I know I'm better than this. Mood at this point...

Congrats to @Nick-1054 on another win!
Congrats to @F1Scotgolf and @Limaro Fipama to push through for the Podium!

Mirror image of my season 15, when everything i did just went wrong! You’ll start picking up good points again soon mate (y)
Great move by @louielouie50 around 53:00, left you just enough of the inside to dive by!

Salvo Failla

Formula Karter
Aug 9, 2018
Q: P12
R: DNF

These are the highlights of my race...

Q: Traffic in all 3 attempts. In the third attempt I was doing a time useful to enter in TOP 10 but I have done an error in the penultimate turn.

R: At the start I was very prudent arriving in turn 1, so I have lost 3 positions;
LAP 3/39, yellow flag in the third sector;
LAP 5/39, I don't understand safety car's intentions, so it hits me in a ridiculous mistake.

Unfortunately I'll be assent for the GP of Canada, but I'm already training for French GP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Limaro_83

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017

Q: Traffic in all 3 attempts. In the third attempt I was doing a time useful to enter in TOP 10 but I have done an error in the penultimate turn.

R: At the start I was very prudent arriving in turn 1, so I have lost 3 positions;
LAP 5/39, I don't understand safety car's intentions, so it hits me in a ridiculous mistake.

Unfortunately I'll be assent for the GP of Canada, but I'm already training for French GP.
You should take the safety car to the stewards @Salvo Failla , he clearly took you out there!

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017

Honestly, that looks like an intentional hit by the SC. Immediate blacklisting!
@Limaro Fipama Please turn off the SC next round. He is no longer welcome to race in AOR.

MrRobinhx

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 14, 2017
Q: 14
R: 4

I got a drive through penalty because i jump-start. I got lucky because of the Safety Car. I don't remember so much, but here is my highlight video.