XB1 - Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix [19/11/17 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix [19/11/17 8:00pm]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

MurphysLawl

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 18, 2017
There’s definitely a major difference between qualifying pace and race pace here.

I’m gonna go for it all in qualifying and if I hit the wall and lose a wing, I’ll go into plan B mode.

But rain would really be a fun x-factor lol.

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
Praying for no rain. Like @Joseph Baigent I've practiced myself out and with a perfect lap all I can put together is a 1:13 flat which in happy with. I've run two 25% races and the first one was bottled on lap 10. The second was finished but with two additional stops for a new front wing. I'm worried with how close cars are going to be following one another that there will be plenty of bumps going into corners

K04

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 23, 2017
Been practicing and mid 1:12 is what i can manage, theoretical best of a 1:11.9xx so think i've hit a limit, don't see where i'm going to find any more, yet the top guys are 1:09 on the boards which is scary!!

Keeping clean is going to be the hardest thing this race, especially if we have lag.

As a side note, are we allowed spectators? My brother is interested in joining next season cause i don't think he can join now can he? So could he watch tonight if he's free?

Last edited:

Meks Unseen

Reigning S14 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
May 15, 2017
Been practicing and mid 1:12 is what i can manage, theoretical best of a 1:11.9 so think i've hit a limit, don't see where i'm going to find any more, yet the top guys are 1:09 on the boards which is scary!!

Keeping clean is going to be the hardest thing this race, especially if we have lag.

As a side note, are we allowed spectators? My brother is interested in joining next season cause i don't think he can join now can he? So could he watch tonight if he's free?
Last season I didn’t join until Hungary, I got put as a reserve but someone left and I got a full time seat for the rest of the season so I think if he does the time trial stuff and all the sign up stuff they’ll still probably look to give him a tier as a reserve or possible full time if there are empty seats, as for spectating @Joseph Baigent is gonna speak to someone about it

Reactions: K04

BigBadPopperDom

F1 Reserve Driver
Sep 6, 2017
Hi guys

Not had much practice as kids been ill all week and work so only been on for about 10 laps.

As I've nominated myself chairman of the backmarkers! I think given the number of laps and my 1.18's that if you are behind me I will look out and move off the racing lane and probably slow more than usual as not to get in any of the leaders way but only really two places to do this.

Home straight and tunnel.

So if you are following bear in mind I break earlier than most and so don't get caught out.

Wait until both the home straight or tunnel and I will move over easily for you.

Enjoy the race....

Dom

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
Interesting is the term I'll use for that race.

Quali: Happy to actually put a lap in with no damage lol
Race: First corner was really clean actually. I snuck up a position and just sat there. P3 after @Joseph Baigent put it in a wall and I slid inside on the last corner. After that a pretty lonely race for most of it. Got my first damage on lap 19 but only minor. @K04 absolutely flew past me with a great move. But I knew I couldn't hold him off because the race pace wasn't there. I was all set and happy in P4 until I binned it in turn one of all places. Blew off my wing and had to swap that out which let Coxon through and I couldn't make up the ground in two laps.

Side note: @MagicSchumi1 I think we had a couple bumps as I was trying to stay to the outside to let you through, sorry about that mate.

I'm curious to see if we remain as clean as we've been or if we'll have some steward threads after this one lol

Reactions: K04

Joseph Baigent

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
FIFA Coordinator
Mar 23, 2017
Interesting is the term I'll use for that race.

Quali: Happy to actually put a lap in with no damage lol
Race: First corner was really clean actually. I snuck up a position and just sat there. P3 after @Joseph Baigent put it in a wall and I slid inside on the last corner. After that a pretty lonely race for most of it. Got my first damage on lap 19 but only minor. @K04 absolutely flew past me with a great move. But I knew I couldn't hold him off because the race pace wasn't there. I was all set and happy in P4 until I binned it in turn one of all places. Blew off my wing and had to swap that out which let Coxon through and I couldn't make up the ground in two laps.

Side note: @FormulaActor I think we had a couple bumps as I was trying to stay to the outside to let you through, sorry about that mate.
FormulaAcotr is @MagicSchumi1

K04

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 23, 2017
Quali: Set a banker then had a breather lap, then on my next flying lap got a corner cut in the last sector when I was up quite a lot. Thought i'd risk the dry tyres at the end but didn't have enough time to get round to do a lap. So put me in P8 right where you don't want to be.

Race: Yes yes yes!!!! really happy with P2, my heart dropped when I saw i disconnected on the final lap, but luckily the ai got me over the line.
Had a great start and got passed a McHonda of the line who was slow away I think, then luckily kept out of trouble in T1. Was running 5th then also benefitted from @Joseph Baigent having a bit of trouble with the wall. Solid in 4th then spun at the chicane letting through a car. After that put my head down and just tried to be consistent despite the occasional brush with the wall.
I think the early stop on to Ultras set me up, ran a long stint then pitted again for a new set, with the new set I managed to hunt down @Hockeyhead019 and made an opportunistic pass at the right before the hairpin and luckily didn't force them outwide which I thought I had at the time.
Then managed to catch @Jack Badman (i think) for P2, as I caught up one of us was lagging so instead of risking my front wing and maybe a DNF, I went for the pass straight away into the chicane and luckily you saw it coming and we didn't make contact :)

overall very happy especially because I spent a lot of time that I could be doing uni work trying to get used to Monaco, I'm looking forward to Canada, hopefully another podium is on the cards.