PC - Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix [19/11/17 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix [19/11/17 8:00pm]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 19th November 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Monaco
Laps: 39

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @SexySpudflaps - broken foot
- @Jamoobaldy - work
- @Voller - family visit

Last edited:

yoan97222

Reigning AOR PC F1 Split 5 Champion
Sep 22, 2016
Oh Monaco :banghead:

To be fair this is the only track I have scored points in every race during my AOR seasons. Just creeping round picking off peoples mistakes ;)
and this is the only track I won during my AOR seasons :angelic:
But with those new wide cars this year race could be a potential disaster :unsure:

Reactions: winchy33

Voller

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 5, 2017
I needed to drive to my parents on this weekend and they live 6 hours away from me so I can't be there tomorrow.

• Informative
Reactions: Steve Jackson

LukeBin010

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 3, 2017
I think i should be online tonight to race if it'll be possible as 3rd reserve.
So maybe tonight will be my first official race.. in Monaco.. wow!! not the best but i'll try to stay out of trouble and don't kiss the barriers! i'll not be able to do my best because i got introduced in F7 league yesterday and so my practice with this track (that is difficoult in my opinion) will not be so much! However i wish you good luck!

winchy33

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017
Stayed in the race after crashing out but watched the rest while editing my short highlights. Congrats to the top 3. Gutted with that and need a point on the board quick!

DSQ'd from Quali after spinning and not being able to move out of the way until faster cars had passed. After my DSQ my AI car drove itself back onto track and blocked 2 cars coming up on fast laps, who had to slow. Looks like it was @yoan97222 and @Clint58, so sorry if it ruined your laps, however I wasn't in control of the car at the time.

Lost half my wing early on but managed to stay in 10th. Decided not to pit despite a few close calls, I was a fair way ahead, however bad decision. Highlights, including Swimming Pool chicane crash here

Last edited:

acerees

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I think i should be online tonight to race if it'll be possible as 3rd reserve.
So maybe tonight will be my first official race.. in Monaco.. wow!! not the best but i'll try to stay out of trouble and don't kiss the barriers! i'll not be able to do my best because i got introduced in F7 league yesterday and so my practice with this track (that is difficoult in my opinion) will not be so much! However i wish you good luck!
do you record?
does anyone record who was around p7/p8 in the first few laps?
My recording stopped because it ran out of space

LukeBin010

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 3, 2017
I really want to say sorry to ACEREES, there was nothing i could do to avoid that collision. You just lost the car on the exit and i place side by side, there was not enough space so i just try to go back again but had my front wheel between yours. Was having a great race then I got some serius problem with the tire choose and they put me in the rainy one, so i have literally lost a lap (i'm so embarassed about that). Just apologize me if i've done these mistakes but Monaco is a very difficoult first race!
[DOUBLEPOST=1511126757][/DOUBLEPOST]
do you record?
does anyone record who was around p7/p8 in the first few laps?
My recording stopped because it ran out of space
Sadly i don't, had the same trouble. Was able to record only the qualys

• Friendly

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
well done @Kiinako on the win

For me, kept it clean to 4th from Q12 and had a race long battle with @yoan97222 very clean stuff, apart from lap 38 cutting turn 1 to take the lead, but I didn't mind due to having the penalty you had.

I hope you have a recording of that

Pretty intense, I went for the tyres early seeing @yoan97222 had luke right in front of him

I undercut @yoan97222 then ran a lot of lean to save the tyres.

Last edited:

acerees

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I really want to say sorry to ACEREES, there was nothing i could do to avoid that collision. You just lost the car on the exit and i place side by side, there was not enough space so i just try to go back again but had my front wheel between yours. Was having a great race then I got some serius problem with the tire choose and they put me in the rainy one, so i have literally lost a lap (i'm so embarassed about that). Just apologize me if i've done these mistakes but Monaco is a very difficoult first race!
[DOUBLEPOST=1511126757][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sadly i don't, had the same trouble. Was able to record only the qualys
I disagree with the there was nothing you could do part however I accept your apology. Please note you are supposed to give the position back if you believe you are at fault in a collision. I get why you put your car there to put pressure on me but you have to back out up there if you are not side by side and from my POV you were not you were around my rear wheels and at best my sidepod area. Anyway neither of us has recorded so unless someone provides some footage then its probably best we forget about it. It means a lot to me when someone apologises so I will move on from here. Unlucky with the tyre choice.

• Friendly

Kane Jr

S18 AOR PC America F2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2017
Well....****.

Started P6 and felt pretty good and fell back in T1 due to a few drivers bulldozing their way through the field. May have been desync, but Monaco happens to us all. I took wing damage after the gridlock at the Lowe's hairpin. I thought I could stay out, but found myself losing too much time so I pitted around L3 or 4. Crew didn't change the wing. :banghead:

I ended up making about 4 pit stops all race and going through 3 wings. lol Just trying to overtake is impossible with the barriers and having others think you are dive bombing.

I had a few good battles with @TheEpicSnowWolf and @LukeBin010

Kiinako

S14 AOR PC F7 Champion
Sep 20, 2017
I very certainly didn't expect this race to finish like it did.

The quali lap I got was a relatively bad 1:12:2 in spite of doing race sims where I consistently got mid-to-low 1:11's.

In the race, I didn't really go for any overtaking maneuvers, and with just having both guys having some issues by themselves, got from 3rd to 1st, and the second half was an attempt at hotlapping, where I built my gap to 20 seconds by lap 30, and that's where I started going a bit easier to not screw anything up.

Overall, I expected carnage. What I got was my cleanest race so far in this season lol

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
Qualified P7, was very happy with that. At the start I got a touch-up, giving me a orange front wing, but somehow miraculously ended up 2 positions up. I thought I could handle that for a bit until I could change onto the softs, found out at T1 in the next lap I couldn't, and binned it into the wall.

After pitting for a new front wing and some SS tires, put in some good laps, followed by some understeer and then another orange front wing. Shortly after that there was something going down in the Tabac corner, and I couldn't brake in time with my front wing, and had to pit again.

This time I pitted onto some S tires, got another new front wing and went going again. A few laps after I made another mistake and gave myself a yellow right-side of my front wing (at least I'm consistent at something -__-). This time I decided there would be no more pitting and that I would finish the race like this.

Somehow I was pulling away from @Jay even with my front wing damage, so that was good times. Since I had quite a few penalties at this point my main focus was staying atleast that amount ahead of Jay, which worked. After people in front of me pitting and crashing, I managed to bring it home in P8. Got to say, a bit disappointed in my performace, but I'll take it.

TheEpicSnowWolf

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 26, 2017
An unfortunate ending to an unfortunate race. (Hey, this sentence feels like a déjà-vu)

Qualified P13 which is okay, but I hoped for more as my pace in practice seemed quite strong. Fortunately got through turn 1 without mayhem but then got pushed by @hennree which resulted in a damaged front wing (would call it a racing incident though). "Overtook" @Neil Bywater in the hairpin because he ghosted, but I realized this was because of a pile up in front of him so I let him back through in the tunnel.

With the understeering of my broken front wing, I crashed again in the second swimming pool chicane. Now I really needed to go into the pits. Unfortunately, my team mate for this evening pitted as well, which resulted in a huuge loss of time for me in the pits. I wasn't able to change the tyres they put me on either, so I came back on track with Super Softs. I hoped I could pull them through to the end.

After quite some while I found myself in a great battle with @KaneJr00, which unfortunately ended when we got blue flagged and I got totally confused with who to let through, and so both @KaneJr00 and @Partyfuchs gained the position from me.

I then quickly realized that I won't make it to the end on these Super Softs, so I came back for yet another pit stop.

On lap 34, I closed in to @yoan97222 and @Neil Bywater who already lapped me, but the three of us were only around 7 seconds from @Jay and the gap was quickly getting smaller. I hoped to do the same on him what @KaneJr00 and @Partyfuchs did when we were blue flagged, but while asking Jeff about the gap to @Jay I touched the wall on the exit of the Nouvelle Chicane which sent me into the opposite wall and that was my race done.

Great overtake that @yoan97222 pulled out on @Neil Bywater though, in the final lap of the race!

Highlight Video of my race coming probably tomorrow. :)

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
An unfortunate ending to an unfortunate race. (Hey, this sentence feels like a déjà-vu)

Qualified P13 which is okay, but I hoped for more as my pace in practice seemed quite strong. Fortunately got through turn 1 without mayhem but then got pushed by @hennree which resulted in a damaged front wing (would call it a racing incident though). "Overtook" @Neil Bywater in the hairpin because he ghosted, but I realized this was because of a pile up in front of him so I let him back through in the tunnel.

With the understeering of my broken front wing, I crashed again in the second swimming pool chicane. Now I really needed to go into the pits. Unfortunately, my team mate for this evening pitted as well, which resulted in a huuge loss of time for me in the pits. I weren't able to change the tyres they put me on, so I came back on track with Super Softs. I hoped I could pull them through to the end.

After quite some while I found myself in a great battle with @KaneJr00, which unfortunately ended when we got blue flagged and I got totally confused with who to let through, and so both @KaneJr00 and @Partyfuchs gained the position from me.

I then quickly realized that I won't make it to the end on these Super Softs, so I came back for yet another pit stop.

On lap 34, I closed in to @yoan97222 and @Neil Bywater who already lapped me, but the three of us were only around 7 seconds from @Jay and the gap was quickly getting smaller. I hoped to do the same on him what @KaneJr00 and @Partyfuchs did when we were blue flagged, but while asking Jeff about the gap to @Jay I touched the wall on the exit of the Nouvelle Chicane which sent me into the opposite wall and that was my race done.

Great overtake that @yoan97222 pulled out on @Neil Bywater though, in the final lap of the race!

Highlight Video of my race coming probably tomorrow. :)
I'll apologise to @yoan97222 , thought you'd cut T1 to get by, clearly you didn't, good move.

I was firm but gave you just enough space thankfully. Thank goodness for your 3 sec penalty. Unbelievably I had no damage and no penalty after 39 Tours de Monaco

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Thanks for letting me by @TheEpicSnowWolf

I didn't know why but didn't wait to discuss. Hairpin was a bit odd. I seemed to have a Williams drive straight through me, but don't know why. I hadn't crashed. Very odd

• Friendly
Reactions: TheEpicSnowWolf
Status
Not open for further replies.