PC Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix [19/11/17 8:00pm]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q: 19th (DSQ)

Horrible qualifying. Couldn't find a space then couldn't really string together a lap. Almost 2 seconds a lap of pace just disappeared. I wasn't going to be near the top of qualifying but I wasn't at the races. I think I recorded 1:16.6 before I parked it at Portier as I was out of fuel and didn't fancy the trip back to the pit without fuel and very slow. Wanted to retire in the run-off but there were cars on laps, so I waited....and got DSQ for parking too long on track (not even on the track - on the road yes, track no)! Sorry for getting in people's way if I did; but it seemed the more I tried to get out of the way the more I got in the way.

R: 9th US/SS (16)

Quite a horrible race. Carried my absolute lack of pace into the race. Kept it clean though and started to make places via attrition. There were a couple of Trulli-esque moments where I (fairly) held track position despite faster cars queuing to overtake. But a couple of small outbraking incidents aside, I was fairly incident-free and had no damage at any point so the one-stop FTW (well, ninth anyway). I got penalties mainly for cutting at Ste. Devote, I had frame stutter at entry to Tabac every lap and a bit through La Rascasse.

If you'd have asked me at the start would I have taken 9th? Yes I would have, then I could have saved 39 laps in the seat :)

Canada will seem like a blessing in comparison. Looking forward to a race rather than a time trial.

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Where ever I looked in qually I found @Jay . Oh and in the race you also struggled when being lapped at Rascasse, but it turned out okay

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Where ever I looked in qually I found @Jay . Oh and in the race you also struggled when being lapped at Rascasse, but it turned out okay
Yeah I nearly Schumachered it and parked it in view of La Rascasse' balcony. That was one of the big out-brake-y self-y bits.

yoan97222

Reigning AOR PC F1 Split 5 Champion
Sep 22, 2016
Q: 19th (DSQ)

Horrible qualifying. Couldn't find a space then couldn't really string together a lap. Almost 2 seconds a lap of pace just disappeared. I wasn't going to be near the top of qualifying but I wasn't at the races. I think I recorded 1:16.6 before I parked it at Portier as I was out of fuel and didn't fancy the trip back to the pit without fuel and very slow. Wanted to retire in the run-off but there were cars on laps, so I waited....and got DSQ for parking too long on track (not even on the track - on the road yes, track no)! Sorry for getting in people's way if I did; but it seemed the more I tried to get out of the way the more I got in the way.

R: 9th US/SS (16)

Quite a horrible race. Carried my absolute lack of pace into the race. Kept it clean though and started to make places via attrition. There were a couple of Trulli-esque moments where I (fairly) held track position despite faster cars queuing to overtake. But a couple of small outbraking incidents aside, I was fairly incident-free and had no damage at any point so the one-stop FTW (well, ninth anyway). I got penalties mainly for cutting at Ste. Devote, I had frame stutter at entry to Tabac every lap and a bit through La Rascasse.

If you'd have asked me at the start would I have taken 9th? Yes I would have, then I could have saved 39 laps in the seat :)

Canada will seem like a blessing in comparison. Looking forward to a race rather than a time trial.
Driver of the Day : Jay :)

yoan97222

Reigning AOR PC F1 Split 5 Champion
Sep 22, 2016
from my point of view it is the most difficult track of the season. My only aim was to bring the car home.
I did it so I feel quite satisfied.

Quali : 11th
I know it would be tough with traffic and corner cutting but I managed to have 2 clean laps by the end.

Race : 5th
I had a good start and tried to gain some positions but i cutted the first corner so i bring the position back and lost one more by slowing down.After the chaos of the first few laps i was in P6 wih a yellow front wing so it was hard to adapt my pace.
@Neil Bywater quickly got back on me and our long battle to the end of the race begin.
He dived very early into pits and i went a few laps after but lost a lot of time with the front wing changing.
With my fresh tyres and frong wing i was allowed to push the car seriously (but not too much this is Monaco:angelic:)
It took 10 laps (and probably a few mistakes from @Neil Bywater ) to get back behind him.
it has been a really great battle ! Solid drive from @Neil Bywater no mistakes.
The only gap i went for to make a move was in the last lap. This has been the only time i was enough close to try something.

p_w

Pro Karter
Aug 26, 2017
Qualy

I managed to pull of a 1:11:5xx or so, which is 4 tenth faster then my personal best :). With this lap i was obviously very happy and got the pole.

Race

The first stint went smooth and i could maintain my lead. After my pit i sadly lost half of my frontwing and had to stop for a second time. In the end i think @Kiinako had the faster race pace, but it could have been pretty close. Second place feels nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.