PC - Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix [19/11/2017] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix [19/11/2017]

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
I am not quite sure if I'll be there tonight. Due to some family business (again, I hate it xD)

Don't wait for me if I'm not on Discord 10 minutes before. Have a good race, take care in turn 1.

• Informative
Reactions: TheVerenzak

ApplePhysics

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 23, 2017
Right so my internet cut out on lap 1. This is a problem with BT that we have had for years and it is just not getting any better. They claim their service is always reliable but the fact that half of the time we can't use the internet is evidence enough to show that they are useless at what they do.

All a big shame as this is a track I feel I cold have done well on.

Snarf Snarf

Reigning AOR PC F1 Split 4 Champion
Jul 31, 2014
Well, my wheel is still acting up it gains 500 degrees of rotation randomly, I let off the accelerator and the throttle still sticks on randomly, I have tried many different fixes, those people who tried to help me with the issues, thank you.
It's that time for an upgrade from the old G27 I have had for many many years.

Until I can grab a new wheel when money allows, I am going to pull out of the next races as it's frustrating trying to race on defective gear, not to mention it's pretty unsafe being on track turning a corner then your wheel doesn't turn as it should do.

If there is a reserve available that can take my place until I return with new hardware, please go ahead and let them take my spot for the next races.

Good luck to all for the next races

Lamp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 14, 2017
hey, @Jipper congratz on the win. Im in the holiday spirit so im not gunna make a stewards inquiry. cheers.

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
H
hey, @Jipper congratz on the win. Im in the holiday spirit so im not gunna make a stewards inquiry. cheers.
Hey, Haha thanks man, it was a tough challenge trying to keep up, shame you had so many time penalties, I will return the favour should we ever be in the situation i can ;) (y)

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Q- 1st
R- 5th

Amazing qualifying to get pole, despite losing 4 tenths in the last sector. Race started well, didn't feel that I had the best pace in the dry but when I got onto the inters, I felt really confident. At one point I was 20+ seconds ahead of @Jipper. On lap 27, I decided to pit, this would overall lose me the race. After I came out of the pits, I was coming up to lap @TwoFiftySix but I ended up tapping his rear and needing to pit again, after that I had a incident with @Ronnin1978 which forced me to pit again. Overall, I feel really unlucky as I felt that I has the pace to win today. My POV is below:

Also congrats to my team mate @Jipper on the win

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Q- 3rd
R - 1st

First AOR win, absolutely stoked about that, considering how my race started going i did not expect to get a win here, Qualifying pace was about 1 second down off my fastest time, but was fast enough to get a decent starting position,

Race was going well, i was keeping up with the leaders pace okay but unfortunately i was getting alot of stuttering and hitching during the race which jolts my wheel when the game "unstutters" and so turn 1 lap 6 i jolted into the wall which bounced me across the track and damaged my front wing, straight to yellow, by this point i now started losing something like 2 seconds a lap to the leaders, and had @Niek van Gelder chasing me down hard so i pit end of lap 7 for the inters and retained artificial 3rd with pit stops.
Unfortunately my pit crew did not change my front wing, so i struggled for pace badly this stint but i think a few pit stops ahead of me put me in 2nd due to damage, I stayed out until lap 23 and pit for inters, and a new front wing, and finally had some good pace, but kept it slowish and steady so not to ruin my race and brought it home behind @Lamp enough to be within his added penalties to "steal" the win! good clean racing from all on such a tough circuit.

Unfortunate for @Scott_Aitchison missing out on what looked a clear win with your pace! but we still brought some good points home for the team, :happy:

Cya all at Canada

POV:

Last edited:

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Whew, that was quite the race!

Qualy: P13
My one-lap pace was quite bad, so I knew being inside the top 10 would've been a surprise. P13 is about where I expected to be.

Race: 4th
I don't know how it happened either, I just suddenly found myself in 4th :p
Didn't have an amazing start and just made sure I didn't get caught up in any trouble. Got an illegal overtake in T1 though, but I saw the cars behind me were 2 wide, so just accepted the 5s stop-go. Pace wasn't amazing in the dry, so a few people were stuck behind me.
On L7 or 8 (not sure), I made my stop onto the Inters like most others. But because of the 5s stop-go & a wing replacement, I was stationary for 12s. Lost some ground to the people that were behind me, but oh well. In the wet I was feeling pretty confident at first, until I almost parked my car in the barrier in T1. After that my pace was pretty bad, and lost quite some time to the others around me.

On lap 18 or so my engineer told me it was going to dry up in a few minutes, my inters at this point were quite alright so I decided to not pit for a new set and keep them going until the track was dry enough for slicks. That time didn't really come though, I don't think it was completely dry yet at the end. Slicks probably were faster than inters (especcially inters with 70% wear :p), but I decided to just take a gamble and it worked out in the end :)

Very very happy with this result! First points of the season, and getting 4th from P13 on the grid ain't bad I'd say ;)

Reactions: Lamp and Jipper

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
Congratulations on the win last night and to the podium finishes!

Wasn't able to be there...

Reactions: Jipper

TwoFiftySix

Formula Karter
Sep 3, 2017
Q- 1st
R- 5th

Amazing qualifying to get pole, despite losing 4 tenths in the last sector. Race started well, didn't feel that I had the best pace in the dry but when I got onto the inters, I felt really confident. At one point I was 20+ seconds ahead of @Jipper. On lap 27, I decided to pit, this would overall lose me the race. After I came out of the pits, I was coming up to lap @TwoFiftySix but I ended up tapping his rear and needing to pit again, after that I had a incident with @Ronnin1978 which forced me to pit again. Overall, I feel really unlucky as I felt that I has the pace to win today. My POV is below:

Hey Scott,

didn't know you were still in the race, so sorry if i blocked you somehow. You had the disconnected sign from the lobby from the start of the race. So if I blocked you anywhere, sorry about that :/

TwoFiftySix

Formula Karter
Sep 3, 2017
Finally this horrific nightmare is over! Like many people, I hate this track more than anything... It's just not made for racing.
Qualified in P9, after I cut the chicane after the tunnel a bit, so my current (understandable) and next lap (WTF???!) got invalidated. Oh well, still had enough time to put in a lap, which wasn't even that much better and ran out of fuel on my inlap. That put me in a crap situation, I hope I didn't hold up anyone on their last Quali lap.
The race started pretty well, gained a position, but lost half of my front wing in the hairpin due to some kind of traffic jam. I pitted when the rain came, but my idiotic pit crew thought I could just go on with half a wing. After I lost some more of the wing, I pitted again (making sure they change the wing). In the rain my pace was pretty good, gaining time on @TheVerenzak. Was a nice battle and it took me some time to get past. On lap 34 @Ronnin1978 had some kind of incident, so I got past. I was quite happy being in P4, until just before the pit entry, my tyre on the rear left burst from the wear, and because my pit engineer was getting on my nerves with the dry tyre when it clearly wasn't time for it, they put me on the ultrasofts. Was driving on ice for 2-3 laps, until I got awesome grip, and got to build a gap in the last 2 laps, so I didn't finish even further back in the field with my 15sec+ penalties... I finished in P7... disappointing finish seeing what was possible, but I hit my goal of finishing at least.

It can only get better from now on!

Andrei Ivan

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 28, 2016
hello guys... for me it's just embarassing to finish 9 th for 3 times...i think i could do much better, i was 2nd on TT qualify mode, after @Lamp, but now in online races i'm disadvantage by my pc....on the wet race i had only 30fps...that's why i think i am so slowly...i need to upgrade my pc imediattely...otherwise i will finish at the end at every races...

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
hello guys... for me it's just embarassing to finish 9 th for 3 times...i think i could do much better, i was 2nd on TT qualify mode, after @Lamp, but now in online races i'm disadvantage by my pc....on the wet race i had only 30fps...that's why i think i am so slowly...i need to upgrade my pc imediattely...otherwise i will finish at the end at every races...
Remember!
There are still 15 races left. Plenty of time to get higher points

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
@TwoFiftySix In our battle did I cut you off or hit you btw? Because at times you were right behind me, and then you suddenly dropped back like 2 seconds a few times.

TwoFiftySix

Formula Karter
Sep 3, 2017
@TwoFiftySix In our battle did I cut you off or hit you btw? Because at times you were right behind me, and then you suddenly dropped back like 2 seconds a few times.
No worries m8, the track is way too tight to race imo, I tried to get past very quick, and I clipped a few corners and fell back twice. No problem though ^^

Lamp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 14, 2017
Qualified p2 thought I had the pace for p1 but @Scott_Aitchison proved otherwise by .040

So pretty crazy race, I just rewatched my footage and can’t believe I didn’t crash out. There were about 8 moments when I didn’t have control over the car and thought it was over, most notably when I put it in rich through the tunnel and went completely sideways like Verstappen in Brazil. I made so many mistakes though. Out breaking myself on ultras with light-rain for the big 10 second but it also seems like everyone else had issues too.

After I cut the big corner after the tunnel on accident I put for inters, then I broke my wing on pit exit. Went about ten laps until I broke my wing even more. Put it back in the pits for a second set of inters and a new front wing and crossed over the line for 5 second pen. This stint was incredible idk if everyone else had made mistakes or had damage but I was flying and found myself in 1st from 5th. I’ve never been more focused I caught every error and never really ran into traffic. When I got to the leaders they all pitted.

I had to pit again I think I was 34 seconds in front of @Jipper (idk how) I had used up the tires with like 6 laps to go. So new set of inters. I didn’t have the same focus in the last laps I think I used up whatever laser focus I had to keep the car on the track and the last laps were just sloppy I just wanted the race to be over haha.

Finished across the line in first but had accumulated 29 seconds of pens!!! Which I’m sure is an AOR record of some sort.
Gratz to @Jipper and mavyx on podium. Also @TheVerenzak on his points finish!

Video below is a doozie, so many saves so much focus

Ronnin1978

GP2 Reserve Driver
Feb 6, 2016
Q- 1st
R- 5th

you actually hit me a little,
but sheet happen :)

Niek van Gelder

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 29, 2015
Q: 4th
R: 11th

My weekend started well with my best qualifying result of the season in 4th please just 4 tenths away from the pole position time. In the race I made quite a good start and maintained my 4th place after the start. I was able to keep up with the pace the top 3 was doing and I was really happy with how the race was going. Then after a few laps the rain started to fall and I used the 3 drivers in front of me as a yardstick as to when to come in for inters. Then I believe on L10 everyone came into the pits and I followed them in, I had to stack behind my teammate @Lamp which cost me a little bit of time but it wasn't to bad and I knew it was the right call because I would've lost too much time staying out on dry tyres. Then in the intermediate conditions I was struggling a bit, ussually I like those conditions but for some reason this time I didn't, maybe due to the fact that I was running with a dry setup. The car felt very oversteery on corner entry's and I was having to catch the car a lot, and to add to it I also started to have some stuttering which like @Jipper jolted the wheel the side because the force feedback suddenly regained as the lagspike disappeared again, after a few lucky moments where I just managed to avoid the wall after a lagspike, I hit the wall which broke part of my front wing. From that moment onwards my race started to go downhill, I made some very clumzy mistakes like tagging the wall after the Nouvelle chicane with the rear tyre which meant I spun or having a lagspike while coming through Te Back, jolting me into the wall causing front wing damaga again etc. I had to make a lot of extra pitstops, falling outside of the points and for pretty much the rest of the race I was driving in no man's land to finally cross the line in P11. Congrats to @Jipper for winning his first race and compliments to my teammate @Lamp too fo taking a spot on the podium despite 29 seconds worth of penalty's (!)

I'm looking forward to Canada!