PS4 - Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix

Will your front wing end up in a barrier at some point?

• Yes

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Hell yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Is that even a question?

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

MORETHANAMAZING

Bottlejob Extraordinaire
Premium Member
Aug 1, 2014
Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 19th November 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Monaco
Laps: 39

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Bzahh

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 21, 2017
Yeah I’m back for good this time, no more getting knocked out at gigs

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
Not going to make this race!
Don't you just hate it when weekend visitors decide to stay Sunday night also.

Would have been easy points if kept out the barriers .
Good luck all.

• Informative
Reactions: MORETHANAMAZING

joshualuke1993

S14 AOR PS4 F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
So what we thinking for pole low 11's? If its dry I think i got a good chance of finishing but if its wet I will have virtually no chance. I kinda wished safety car was on round here because with front wing changes the field can be kinda strung out

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
Good chance I can make this now, just need to squeeze a bit of practice in when I get home after 5pm.

Reactions: MORETHANAMAZING

MORETHANAMAZING

Bottlejob Extraordinaire
Premium Member
Aug 1, 2014
So what we thinking for pole low 11's? If its dry I think i got a good chance of finishing but if its wet I will have virtually no chance. I kinda wished safety car was on round here because with front wing changes the field can be kinda strung out
If low 11s is the pole time, I might as well start from the back, because no chance in hell i'm getting near that :cry::cry:

Reactions: Thomasbrxwn

blake300892

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Really difficult to get a lap in qualifying, should have got 2nd on grid but damaged my wing late on when on for a 11.3 or so.

Decent start, had a sniff at 2nd up hill but wasn't going to risk an incident that early on.

Renault damaged his wing so was so slow but eventually got by.
Kept sauber at bay and kept gap to Josh between 5 and 6 seconds.

As i started to think of stops i damaged my wing losing concentration and stopped early and came out 6th.

Then 3 laps later i was back in the pits and this is the contentious issue.
Going through turn 1 Giinis was coming out the pitlane and for whatever reason, wall bounce or wheelspin came across the yellow line, hitting my car and giving me a red wing and another stop.

So unfortunately, might need to get that looked at.

From then on, just kept circulating round for 4th place, getting closer and closer to Giinis from 24s to 7s but always too big a gap.

Wimstradamus

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T5 Champion
Premium Member
May 7, 2016
A race to forget,

Q-p12
R-p11

Qualified on SS because my two runs on US where crap.
Changed to a 1 pitstop strategy SS - US.
First couple of laps took it easy because you know there gonna be chrashes and in lap 3 a couple of drivers whent in the pits so whent from p13 to 8, eventualy took p4 but than a serie of mistakes came.
new front wing needed so changed tyres from SS to S because there was a long way to go.
But could find grip on the S, chrashed needed another front wing but just before entering the pit i changed my tyre choice to US but slected full WETS instead :banghead:
I couldn't change back anymore so drove on wet tyres and had to cut the corner because i had no grip, got a 10 sec penalty and next lap antoher pitstop.
And off course needed another pit stop for antoher front wing, drove at p10 at that moment but du to the penaltys finished p11.

And in practice it went so well :bigtears:

Joost

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 13, 2016
Here is the full race of tonight. I hope you enjoy it.

Haze

Formula Karter
Oct 30, 2014
Q: 6th
I was on for an 11.8 on my last run but I just clipped my wing and had to retire.

R: 12th
I knew I wasn't going to last in the race and ended up doing 7 stops in the end. You lose half a wing and the other half follows and it turns into a vicious cycle. Decided to just chase fastest lap for fun. Looking forward to the next race, hoping to challenge for the win again.

joshualuke1993

S14 AOR PS4 F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Q: went out on my 1st run and was about 4th in the queue and just got stuck in traffic managed to set a 13.0 on my first lap and on my 2nd I was 7 tenths up through the second sector but decided to come in the pits and go straight back out hoping to get some clear to set my laps in which I manage to do. 1st lap set a 11.4 and then manage to improve that time to a 11.2

R: To be continued .............

Giinis

Semi-Pro Karter
May 30, 2017
Q - 4
Didin't have the pace to challange Joshua, close for that P2 spot but I did corner cut the first corner a few times.. very messy session.
R - 3
Start was ok, but i didin't get the best exit from turn 1 so lost 1 position. Had the pace to follow the guys ahead and when I pitted and came out i hitted a bit on the wall on the right and bounced at @blake300892. Sorry mate, didin't do it on purpose, I just allways hit that wall just a bit... my bad! Well then it was just to cruise to the end and manage the gap to @blake300892. Congrats to the winner!