England
Round 6 - Spanish Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 20

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 11th October 2020
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Laps: 33

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @GomL_Kemuhin

Last edited:

timbob4321

Pro Karter
Jun 24, 2020
UK
I reckon pole will be high 14's. The tyre strategy kinda depends on your driving style and setup, but the people in 11th and 12th will have a definite advantage over 9th and 10th I think.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
Yeah pole will probably be a high 14... but race strategy will affect quali for some drivers, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
Track position is quite important round here though...
True, but it's not everything like certain other tracks.

Positions can be made here through strategy... so it's a matter of how confident a driver feels about their ability to execute.

iJokeri22

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
England
Anything I might have said about being quick here yeah I take it all back turns out I've been quick here on every codies F1 game until this one cant even get in the 15s in qualy.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
Hero last week to zero this week, curtesy of getting punted twice.

The lack of spatial awareness is outstanding.

iJokeri22

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
England
Thanks for the race everyone I've had a very tough week irl and tbh I was contemplating not racing for awhile but that race was the most fun I've had league racing in a long time had so many good fights with people and everyone kept it clean as well so just wanted to say thanks everyone for cheering me up after a tough week, looking forward to Monaco now.

timbob4321

Pro Karter
Jun 24, 2020
UK
OK, Here we go.
Quali was an absolute disaster. I don't know what I was doing. In practice I'd been doing a 14.9 fairly consistently, which would've put me P2. But I abandoned my first two laps virtue of them being terrible. On the third lap I had set a purple sector 1, but managed to crash out at T9. It was a very slow speed crash and I'd slammed on the brakes, so I didn't expect to have to retire. Overall, I would start P17, but it wasn't all bad because two of my rivals in the championship, @Simon Besnard and @Oner Schumacher, also didn't set a time.
The race start was also not very good, but I think Oner had a bad reaction, so I was saved by that. I was determined to make up as many places on lap 1 as possible, as I knew it would be tricky to overtake later, so I took many risks. I managed to get Simon into T2, but he came back at me in T4 and 5. @Simon Besnard, sorry if I squeezed you, but I was so focused on getting ahead. Payback for China, eh?
From here the race went impeccably. I was in P10 by lap 4 and by the time I pitted I was P3 of the medium runners. I knew I was having a good race when I pitted and came out in P7, ahead of @Sneaky24-7Ninja. Now the M-H strategy really worked in my favour. My tyres were so much better and Simon and I cut through the field. I ended overtaking various S-H runners, including championship leader @TheTubbyNinja. With 10 laps to go I was running P4, behind richman and Kelvin. They were battling and luck turned in my favour as they made contact and Kelvin got damage. He pitted and put me into P3. At this point I found out Richman had a penalty, which was good news because his pace was great. However, I was just over 6 seconds behind @F1R-dennde09, who was leading (great drive from him by the way, he surprised me with his pace). I had no idea if he had a penalty, but I got inside his penalty window anyway, due to him having massive issues with tyre wear (seriously I was gaining a second a lap). Crossed the line in 3rd and you can imagine my reaction when I found out I'd come from P17 to win the race.
Yes, I was on the much better strategy and 2nd placed man @GTX_23x crashed out at the beginning (really impressed with his pace after this), but this was also the best race I've ever raced by a long way. I didn't get a single warning, or make a single mistake.
Whatever I said about Vietnam being my favourite track... well, yeah.
(Sorry I can't upload a video but my PS4 is a bit dodgy and I can't record.)

Simon Besnard

Formula Karter
Dec 21, 2019
France
Q : none
R : P3

Well botlled quali once again, did a tons of overtakes to comeback to 3rd.

Clearly if I didn't bottle my run in Medium in quali the win was on the table. Gg to @timbob4321 for his win. We had eachother the same pace just I was always the 3rd man in the DRS train which didn't allow me to be in a higher position at the end of the race.

Anyway I had a good pace and a lot of fun so I'm really pleased with my race. Onto Monaco where I never driven on before in any game

Reactions: timbob4321

TheTubbyNinja

F1 2nd Driver
Oct 15, 2017
Milton Keynes, England
Qualified 7th
Finished 5th

An okay qualifying lap but 2nd last out of the soft runners, and behind a medium runner, meant I was prepared for an awful evening. Thankfully I gained a position through turn 3 and managed to fend off @olavstar pretty darn well to consolidate 6th. @GTX_23x crashing meant I was up to 5th and following a battle between Richman on mediums and @MrJoshua. Eventually I got past the latter and was up to 4th before pitting on lap 8.

Came out about 3 seconds behind my teammate @Sneaky24-7Ninja who was stuck behind @DON SILVA and @Oner Schumacher which allowed me to catch him up within one or two laps. Having a bit more momentum I think meant I was able to pass my teammate and then Oner (DON had already pitteed) on successive laps which released me to try and get as much of a buffer as possible to the people on the Medium-Hard strategy. The time lost behind Oner definitely hurt but I managed to come home in 5th place on almost punctured tyres after only two Medium-Hard runners managed to overtake me.

My teammate had a much worse time and lost out on a quite likely podium stuck behind the Ferrari, and potentially more as his tyre wear was non-existent. Still a good haul of points for McLaren extends our lead in the Constructors' and I also jump back up to 20 points ahead in the Drivers'.

5th place was probably all I could do realistically this week as so far this has probably been my weakest track... onto Monaco where I pray I am still ridiculously quick at over one lap so that I can let you all experience the TubbyTrain on the streets of Monte Carlo.

McLaren Team Radio and Race Highlights:

Reactions: iJokeri22