PC - Round 7 - Austrian Grand Prix [04/06/2017 8:00 pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 7 - Austrian Grand Prix [04/06/2017 8:00 pm]

BergheVonTrips

2-time AOR PC Split 1 Champion
Jun 22, 2015
Lap 3 Turn 1
Wow, you're right, we did touch. My car didn't even move slightly to indicate that there was any contact. I think you were still a fair bit behind which is why I didn't expect you to go for it. Especially not into T1. But given that you will surely take this to the stewards, I'll have any footage that is needed available for whenever it is needed.

Slickk

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2017
I had a similar incident with @ramdrop, where his arrow was behind me although he was besides me on his screen, which meant he was sent into oblivion while I didn't feel or hear the slightest bit of contact :/

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Decided to quickly upload those few laps with @NickB (and @RBK sneaking in in the end), veeeery fun driving that! :)

Reactions: NickB

Chicane

F1 Test Driver
Feb 2, 2014
Unfortunate incident with @maxafc46 in the race. Didn't know he got a small part of his car just alongside when I was going for an overtake on @Slickk who was on very worn supersofts anyway. Didn't feel I was at fault at that moment, so I carried on. Almost drove in 2nd position in the race, but I was struck by an invisible wall on the start finish straight. That took a few seconds and positions away. Turned out to be costly when I exited the pits because I was behind a battling group which I shouldn't have been. My own mistake to destroy bits of my front wing in the final corner: should've seen the early braking coming up way earlier, allthough I was 60 meters behind before the penultimate corner. On top of that my common once-a-race lag stutter 3 second penalty showed up in the final lap, so I lost 2 more positions. The good news is that my tyre punctured just after the finish line: tyre management on the ss wasn't really possible with yellow front wing.

Short 'highlights', which incident with @maxafc46 at 3:05 and the invisible block at 4:08

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Damn 5-second stop-go penalty at the start for having to go off track to avoid Afro's sideways car :cry: Could've been properly in the fight for 4th at least if not for that, but oh well. 7th not too bad of a recovery I guess - think I made the US-S one-stopper work as well as I could.

Another strong performance from @Ycoms as well meaning Manor has a nice little lead in the constructors, which is nice :)

Also, ridiculous driver championship battle going on atm :eek:

Break week now so that we all can enjoy the real life Canada race next Sunday, but then it's back to Silverstone, so cya there!

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
Quali went ok, managed to go slower on my SS run then in practice but hey, then tried to sneak a few positions on the ultra's, was way up on the delta, but hit the brakes on the final straight to start p11, but misjudged it :p

Turn 1 was messy, made up some positions and was going along nicely, I think I was around P7 when @NickB decided I don't exist on the track anymore and just hit me off, no change of corner oversteer because we were far away from it I carried on and just turning at the end of the second DRS zone and a Williams barges through and I'm hit again.

Carry on and come across a wild @Ycoms and @Slickk - @Ycoms gets through and on the few laps before I see where @Slickk is weaker, go for an overtake, firstly he brakes a lot earlier than I would and literally takes a 90 degree turn in and had I not braked and moved left I would have probably taken him clean out, but ofcourse he turns in and I get swiped again and off into the gravel. That ruined my soft set of tyres so after that it was damage limitation.

I saved abit of tyre life for when the 'front runners' would inevitably try and dive bomb me and sure enough, lap 20 @BergheVonTrips comes steam rolling into Turn 1 and again, I'm pushed off the track, if people are going to try and attempt an overtake on the the inside of turn 1 (which they're entitled to do so), they cannot expect the exit kerb because otherwise, where is the 'defending' car going to go?

Here is my race video, for some reason Twitch recorded large amounts of static, so before you watch, please mute your speakers.

Incident 1 @ 6.30
Incident 2 @ 10.30
Incident 3 @ 22.55

fugotaro

Formula Karter
Aug 13, 2016
Quite a good race but could have been better if Jeff decided not to talk gibberish.

Quali was a lost cause as I didn't want to start in the top 10 so I started second to last on softs.

The first lap was quite good making up lots of places. The pace wasn't very good on the softs for the first few laps but after a while I got the hang of it and was closing on the cars ahead. Somehow I was in the lead after a while and led some laps until I made my stop for super softs. Not a lot happened after that could have got the podium with RBK's penalties but I bottled it when Jeff decided to talk about strategy so I out braked my self and lost P4 because of that. In the end P6 is still quite good and the pace was quite good aswell.

Aaaaand no incidents... hallelujah

Reactions: FisiFan91

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
Q: My SS run was not what I expected from myself. I saw the current pole time and thought I can do that as well, so I decided to have another go on US, but I bottled it. P8 on US was a desaster.

R: The traffic jam in turn 1 destroyed my race. I immediately put on SS and tried to use the clean air in front of me after the pitstop. I had an intense battle with @Nukka during the stint on S for P11, but then the gap was increasing and I tried something weird - SS and see how it goes, but it didn't help.
At least I managed to chase down my teammate @maxafc46 and overtook him in the final lap.

P12 is frustrating. Unfortunately @maxafc46 also had a moment with someone, so he couldn't convert his pole position into something great :(

Last edited:
Reactions: BergheVonTrips

NickB

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 11, 2016
I have had no motivation to play this game over the last 2-3 weeks and the first time I had opened it since Canada was to join the lobby for Austria. 0 out of a possible 50 points over the last 2 races isn't really surprising to me.

I knew I wanted to quali on SS so I went out with 20 laps of fuel to get some practice in on US during the quali. As expected with no practice I qualied well outside the top 10.

In the race I avoided starting incidents but had to give positions back because I overtook under the yellow flag apparently which dropped me down to last. Had some good battles with @Nukka, @Saffzo Zenron, @ramdrop, @RBK, @Ycoms and probably a few others but I can't remember.

Unfortunately two of them ended in a way I didn't want them to so I apologise for that. @Nukka @ramdrop.

After a good battle with @Ycoms I dropped a wheel on the grass at the start of S2 and went into the barrier, losing my FW and having to pit from P3 down to P13/P14, don't know where I even finished to be honest, I'm not enjoying the game anymore.

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Well, that was a race. Looking back at it it's a miracle where I finished considering I was literally everywhere in the first stint.

Q: Okay'ish lap I guess, could definitely have been even better, so was surprised I was that high up with the supers, if I would have been further down I definitely would have gone for the US-S like Fisi said.

R: Got caught up in that Afro spin in T1, don't know how I managed to not lose my front wing, but yeah, losing 3-4 positions was I think good enough. Quickly caught up to the pack again and just got absolutely stuck in that traffic jam. I just couldn't get through on these US-runners while other people with similar tyres came behind and destroyed me on the straight while I was a sitting duck in the fast corners where I clearly had an advantage. Also some minor contacts here and there from which I had to recover 3-4 seconds from time to time. At the end of the first stint it was already clear for me I wouldn't be able to win the race, @BergheVonTrips was absolutely gone. Nice battle with @NickB in the second stint, similar story though, got destroyed on the straights and was penetrating his rear through the fast corners.

Yeah, not sure how I managed to finish P2 with all those minor issues getting through people, I definitely had to be more aggressive than I normally feel comfortable with to make my strategy and pace work, luckily that didn't backfire in terms of incidents. Definitely take another podium and an extension of the lead in the constructor's. :)

Last edited:

RBK

Formula Karter
May 16, 2017
Well, pretty good race, little contact with @PAPA SOKRATIS in first part of the race but rest went very good, some nice battles, enjoy

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
You must run like 1-1 wings or something, your car is a bullet in a straight line, you drove around me at Canada just after the DRS line despite me having a good exit. Same as around here, too quick in a straight line

• Agree
Reactions: Fehler3

BergheVonTrips

2-time AOR PC Split 1 Champion
Jun 22, 2015
But if he was running 1-1 wings, how could he be that fast in corners to not only keep up but post ridiculously fast laptimes?

• Winner
Reactions: NickB

Nukka

1-time AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Oct 10, 2014
Tiggers fastest lap in the race s12 was 1.09.3. Saffz did 1.09.4 on lap 5 or something (y)