PC - Round 7 - Austrian Grand Prix [04/06/2017 - 8:00pm UK time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 7 - Austrian Grand Prix [04/06/2017 - 8:00pm UK time]

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Round 7 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 13

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 4th June 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KurvZ

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
A track I think is pretty cool and fun to drive. I'm not too fast here, as few of the curbs like to throw me to the wall, so need to take it a bit easy :D Maybe I can pull out a top-10 finish here also o_O

Reactions: KurvZ and Metten

Craigieboy

Pro Karter
Apr 27, 2017
Don't think I've actually raced this track in a league setting so it will be a new thing for me haha.

From the single player running I've done here it seems like a pretty good track but racing against other real people might be a very different experience.

Reactions: H_pro1

Metten

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 19, 2017
I really like this track! Especially the last two corners and turn 6 and 7. My qualifying pace is normally good, but I have no clue about my consistency in my race pace here. Bit the same situation as @Craigieboy. From the last two races from which I joined the league he always looked very quick and probably doesn't have to worry haha! So we shall see ;) Looking forward to it!:D

KurvZ

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 16, 2014
Really bad race last season hope to do better little taster :p

Last edited:

R.A.J.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
So was watching the social at Austria yesterday and noticed how people were going into the pits.
It should be like real life where you commit and stay totally within the pit lane entry defined by the
white line not cut across at the last minute.
The reason being that since the racing line does tend to use a bit of that pit entry part it is helpful to
know by the action taken above that someone has committed to pit and you can adjust your line
appropriately if you are the driver behind.
Similarly if you have committed to pit don't abandon it at the last second either saw that yesterday too
and the guy almost took out another driver going into the last corner.

Just my overly courteous Canadian side showing again :)

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014

Cousin

Junior Karter
May 23, 2017
erf, I will miss one of my favourite tracks, but yea I have 6 re-examinations next week so really can't afford to play on sunday :'(

• Informative

Metten

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 19, 2017
Hey all. Maybe you guys have some advice for me or use the wheels I'm looking for and can tell me a bit more about it. Had some luck an got some extra money back from paying too much tax so looking to upgrade my set up :D. Posted a thread yesterday in the hardware forum but it has not been noticed by anyone so I thought lets also place the link here ;).

https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/upgrading-my-set-up-from-a-dfgt-to-a-g29-or-t300rs.21918/

Thanks in advance. Cheers and see you all tonight for the Austria GP!

ChokDK

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 11, 2016
Hi boys :D
Just to make it clear, I've had another blood clot in my leg and will not be racing tonight.. might take a few weeks (again) before even practise will be possible.
So - no reserve or anything for me.
Have a good one all ;)

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Just to make it clear, I've had another blood clot in my leg and will not be racing tonight.. might take a few weeks (again) before even practise will be possible.
Have a good one all ;)
Get well soon!

Ctzn Ely

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
Have a good one all ;)
Get well soon man!

Footyad24

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jul 11, 2015
QUAL: 5TH - very good
Race: was doing ok then the game decided to put me on super softs instead of softs. And finally to really **** my race up someone in my house restarted the internet :cry::cry:

Ctzn Ely

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
Well... that was an interesting race. Didn't know what to expect from this race but I somehow managed to not f*ck everything up like last week in Canada. Went 4th fastest in quali (thanks @KurvZ for the slipstream! :p) - impressive laptime from @Metten, wasn't expecting that at all! Hats off to you for your first AOR pole man! (y)

Then, I took a pretty good start and jumped @JurYEdits before Turn 1 so that was 3rd place in the bag provisionally. I was quite impressed about my pace in the wet tbh, even if I did a mistake or two, I could more or less have the same pace as the front runners. On Lap 10, rain ceased and I dived into the pits to put fresh supersoft tyres but I pushed the throttle pedal a bit too early and I lost my front left endplate at the pit exit but it luckily did not affect me that much so I didn't want to change my front wing. It was an exciting rather exhaustive battle between me and @fraguitar89 during 12 laps, I really enjoyed it even though you kinda went for a divebomb at some point during the race but we didn't crash so that's ok lmao :rofl: Was battling against Fraguitar until Lap 23 when I surprisingly lost traction up the little hill at the exit of Turn 2 and nearly crashed in the right wall. Luckily I didn't lose any wheels and I could get back to the pits for a fresh set of supersoft tyres.

The 3rd part of the race was boring really. Not crossing anyone, just doing laps around the track really (did a provisionally fastest lap too!) until Fraguitar slowly catched me towards the end of the race but he was not a massive threat by Lap 36 and I could take the chequered flag in 5th.

Not the result I wanted of course. I could have easily finished 3rd if I hadn't crashed earlier in the race but it was my mistake and I accept it. Now focusing on Silverstone which is not one of my favorite tracks to drive on this game (mainly due to tyre wear) but I'll try to beat my @Meireloso this time! :D

Anyway, see ya in two weeks (or in a social!) and have fun during that two weeks break! ;)

Congrats again to @Craigieboy for his win and to @Metten for his very solid weekend!

Reactions: Metten and H_pro1