PC - Round 7 - Austrian Grand Prix [04/06/2017 - 8:00pm UK time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 7 - Austrian Grand Prix [04/06/2017 - 8:00pm UK time]

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Q-11th
R- 8th
Was an ok race for me tonight, my main aim was to keep out of trouble and to finish. I completely bottled it on the last lap by spinning out of turn 1, luckily I was the last car on the lead lap and I was able to stay ahead of the leader until the end, otherwise I would have finished outside of the points due to penalties. My POV is below:

Meireloso

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Not the result I wanted of course. I could have easily finished 3rd if I hadn't crashed earlier in the race but it was my mistake and I accept it. Now focusing on Silverstone which is not one of my favorite tracks to drive on this game (mainly due to tyre wear) but I'll try to beat my @Meireloso this time! :D
You better try to beat @Craigieboy if you aim the championship. He's gonna be champ

• Agree
Reactions: Ctzn Ely

Meireloso

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Q: P7, gutted I didn't make a better lap

R: P3 lmao
Clean start, I'm 7th after the first corner. Unfortunately at T2 I braked a bit too late and I locked up the front tyres and I couldn't avoid @fraguitar89 . So yeah, the big one, that was me. :facepalm:
I broke my left front wing which has penalised me a bit. Restarted P11, quickly got past over @Dazzy Oz and @Scott_Aitchison in the second sector.
Then I was back to 7th place, behind @KurvZ . i felt I was a bit quicker but I've never been able to pass him until lap 10 when I've decided to stop to put Softs tyres and take the risk to make only one stop (And also repair my front wing). After everyone have pitted, I was P6 in front of KurvZ !

Lap 19 @Footyad24 really far ahead of me stopped so i gained a position and I entered into top 5.

L23 @Ely' -also with an important gap ahead- crashed so I gained another position, P4. 5 laps later it's @fraguitar89 at T1 who spun and I got the 3rd place

P3... I was managing my race and the tyres until the end (finished with a 78% front right tyre wear), really glad with another podium finish

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Good race, really enjoyed it!

Q18 after messing up Qualy runs on both tyres, got P6 by the Sector 3 then hit a bit of grass, returned to track and heading into turn 8 with a pack of cars got spun out by @R.A.J. but was completely accidental, finished 10th in the end

happy with a point for my first race even as a reserve! ;)

Completely locked up at Turn 2 so apologies @Scott_Aitchison, i didn't see it as much from my race but from your POV i see it, fortunately i was ghosted from the car behind me for some reason, i ghosted out coming up to the corner.
My POV:

Last edited:
Reactions: Metten

R.A.J.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Good race, really enjoyed it!

Q18 after messing up Qualy runs on both tyres, got P6 by the Sector 3 then hit a bit of grass, returned to track and heading into turn 8 with a pack of cars got spun out by @R.A.J. but was completely accidental, finished 10th in the end

happy with a point for my first race even as a reserve! ;) my POV to follow shortly
What lap was that? I lost force feedback at start of race and fell back behind everyone so I could power cycle my wheel. Was under AI control during that time but there was no one around me.

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
What lap was that? I lost force feedback at start of race and fell back behind everyone so I could power cycle my wheel. Was under AI control during that time but there was no one around me.
It was Turn 8 on Lap 1, but no problem the conditions weren't great and i was on the inside of you it may have been difficult to see me, And if it was AI then again its no worries, i'd messed up myself prior to the spun so dont worry (y)

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Actually i take that back! i've rewatched the video and i completely got the wrong player! you were still behind me after the spin, it was actually @Ludvig Petersson :D

Metten

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 19, 2017
Below a somewhat summarized POV of my race. Unfortunately forgot to click record before qualifying, so no pole lap POV..:p

Qualifying: P1, Race: P2.

What an amazing GP it was for me!! My first pole in AOR and my first podium!:D
The pole lap was just an all out full risk lap. It was the last set of tires I had and I even messed up the first corner for my initial flying lap (corner cut) so did two out laps. I knew I had a good one lap pace around here but suprised my self with this time. All around can't be happier with the qualifying :D

My race pace in overall was good. Most of the time it was driving good laps and keeping a good pace. I was not involved in a lot of battles and @Craigieboy was just too quick for me, so congrats to @Craigieboy for another win ;). Already in Lap 2 he was able to pass me after I started a bit too careful on the inters. A small mistake and he was able to pass me. After that I got more into a nice rhytm and created a nice gap behind me. In lap 10 I decided to go on the softs and ended up just behind @Dazzy Oz who was still on the inters. I was able to pass him quickly as I had a lot more traction on my tires.

After this not a lot happend and I was in clean air. Everybody did their pit stop and I was in P2 again. I saw @Ely' being on the super softs and he was only 1.5 second behind me in the beginning, but I was quick enough on my softs and did not get under attack. Also the battling behind me for P3 I think helped me. Around Lap 26 @fraguitar89 started catching up to me and he was quicker on the softs as me. @Cragieboy decided to pit for the Supersofts and ended up close behind him. I think some kind of incident happened between them, when Cragieboy tried to overtake in turn 1 around Lap 27, because suddenly the gap got quite big. Eventuelly Cragieboy overtook me on his quicker supersofts in Lap 30. I had a decent gap to the number 3 and I was continously considering to pit or not to pit and finally decided to stay out on the softs. I managed to get to the end and got a really nice P2!! My front left was at 70% in the end so perfectly managed the tires.

Hopefully in the next races I can battle for the front positions again!

See you all in two weeks for Silverstone!

PS. Thanks @Ely' for the compliment on my race weekend :D

fraguitar89

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 8, 2016
Qualy P6: Not a very good lap, I could easily stay below 1.08 but nothing, I lapped 0.5 s slower than practice I don’t know why

Race P6: Really disappointed for the result since @Craigieboy hit me at lap 28 while I was fighting for P2 with Metten

Anyway starting from the very beginning, I had a good start.. after turn 1 I was 4th, then at turn 2 I got hit by @Meireloso .. lost 2 positions but luckily nothing broken. Overtaken @KurvZ at following corner and then pushed to close the gap from @Footyad24 and @Ely' who were fighting. I cought them up at lap 6, we were really close I had some opportunities to overtake @Ely' but I didn’t want to do a risky overtake on wet conditions and so waited to dry to come. We all 3 pitted at lap 10, both of them chose SS while I went for S. However, I had a very good pace, as I was going faster then Ely who was 3rd but I had some difficult to stay close to him during straights (probably my setup wasn’t that good to overtake and having a harder compound didn’t help). I did so many laps so close to him, trying several times to find a way.. really funny laps actually. Finally, I got a good chance at lap 18 after turn 2, good acceleration and overtake at inside of turn 3.. in few turns I realized I had a good pace and I could reach @Metten who was 2nd at around 3 sec.. at lap 20 the gap was only 1 sec but I got a bad acceleration coming out of last corner.. almost lost the car. The problem was that @Ely' overtook me and I said to myself omg again behind him :banghead:;) However, at lap 22, turn 3 I forced the overtake and I was back in 3rd.. started to push to reach @Metten again, who now was 4 secs far.. I closed the gap at lap 27 and I finally was having the chance to overtake him with drs.. But in that moment everything was ruined by a crazy overtake by @Craigieboy who had pitted 1 lap before.. He tried an impossible overtake at lap 28, cutting totally the first corner on kerbs! he crashed on me, made me spin and my front wing was even broken.. sorry man but it was really no sense you were really fast and had fresh tyres while Mettee and I were going to the end with that set of already half-worn tyres.. You would have easily overtaken us in few laps with a little bit of patience.

My race ended there, pitted to change front wing and got in US, coming out P8 from P2 which I was before being hit in such a way.. I did 2 overtakes over @Scott_Aitchison and @Dazzy Oz and finished in P6. Disappointed:(

Last edited:

fraguitar89

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 8, 2016
Yes, fair battle with you mate! I had 7/6.. If you watch my POV you see that I really have problems to stay close to you with drs and rich fuel.. ad if you were on 8/5 I don't know, maybe slipstream bug too
Happy to have fought with you pal, what aero settings did you race with? Mine were 8/5

Reactions: Ctzn Ely

Ctzn Ely

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
Yes, fair battle with you mate! I had 7/6.. If you watch my POV you see that I really have problems to stay close to you with drs and rich fuel.. ad if you were on 8/5 I don't know, maybe slipstream bug too
Yeah for some reason slipstream didn't work... but you still got me in the end ;):p

Craigieboy

Pro Karter
Apr 27, 2017
Quali: P2

The car felt pretty good and my fastest lap wasn't perfect but still fairly representative so P2 is a fair result. Hats of to @Metten for his lap, couldn't beat it on the day.

Race: P1

Wet start so I think all of us were going into the unknown again like in Canada (although it wasn't as wet). Again the car felt pretty stable and not too long I was past @Metten and making a gap. Not too much else to say for the bulk of the race, pitted for softs on lap 10 and super softs on lap 26. I understand that some of you one stopped which surprised me as my softs after 16 laps were getting close to the puncture window and I didn't want to risk that.

Obviously the main talking point from my point of view in the race was the incident with @fraguitar89. I've already gone into detail as to what happened in the stewards post but long story short I went for a overtake which quickly went wrong before I could avoid an accident. I do genuinely feel bad when I am involved in things like this and I like to think they are a rare occurrence so hopefully for the rest of the season I won't be called into an inquiry again.

So provisionally it is another win for me but given the circumstances it isn't a particularly happy one and could be taken away depending on what happens later.

Silverstone should be a blast to race so looking forward to that as well as having a break.

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
3:00 not the best pit for you @JurYEdits :D 5sec stop & go + wing change