PC - Round 7 - British Grand Prix | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 7 - British Grand Prix

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
A little compilation reel of all the incidents in my race.

@Partyfuchs your car was ghosted but it spoilt my line in quali.
The illegal overtake I would have removed if it would make any difference, but please @schumizeu take care when rejoining the track.
Again @Partyfuchs, I allowed you room to race but I think you didn't allow me enough room into Stowe when I was on the racing line. Tell me how you saw it and if we don't agree I think the Stewards can sort it. I think this made enough difference to stop me getting DRS from track position in the early part of the race and got me lapped. Disappointing for me, but let's agree or disagree on the incident itself.
@Maj_ITGuy the pit incident is there. I got a little out of shape trying to move to the edge of the track. Your car did ghost but I can hear a collision. I think we both were entitled to go for the corner and IMHO it was a racing incident.
@Jens Maul yours and @Lamoracke79's overtakes are also on there. I did the same thing to each of you, just drifted slower out of or into the corner. I think Jens, we squared that off in the race and Lamoracke, we squared it off over Steam.

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Another 4th place, this was once of my best chances to win this week, but incidents with @schumizeu and @Lamoracke79 stopped me from getting my podium. My incident with @Lamoracke79 has been sorted but I have made a stewards enquiry over the @schumizeu incident. Overall I had some really nice battles with @Punisher and @SexySpudflaps. My POV is below:

I enjoyed the battles we had going side by side through multiple corners very close to eachother was nice to be able to battle so close to someone like that. It was a shame that I didn't have the tyres to continue it though but I hope we can have more battles like that in future!

Partyfuchs

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 22, 2015
@Jay Well i guess you mean the situation at 1:53 in your video. I personally think it is a racing incident. I was in front of you right before the corner and had Neil Bywater on my left who could have turned into my line aswell. Being more careful on the first lap and brake a bit earlier than usual would have avoided a collision for us both i think.

Maj_ITGuy

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
May 21, 2014
@Jay I think it was a racing incident myself. I just wish that Codies would get it together with the online bit. I ghost through you which makes me lose my front wing which sucks. I feel the feedback in my wheel of the collision and you are fine. Looking at your video I thought I was in the wrong as I went over to try to block you but didn't see how close you were to me. But you ran a bit wide so that is what I saw. I say just let it go and continue to Magyar Nagydíj.

• Friendly
Reactions: Steve Jackson

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
@Jay I think it was a racing incident myself. I just wish that Codies would get it together with the online bit. I ghost through you which makes me lose my front wing which sucks. I feel the feedback in my wheel of the collision and you are fine. Looking at your video I thought I was in the wrong as I went over to try to block you but didn't see how close you were to me. But you ran a bit wide so that is what I saw. I say just let it go and continue to Magyar Nagydíj.
Wasn't sure how you'd come off afterwards - I heard an impact but felt very little, but I was sure it was fair (or at least non-fault) so continued.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
@Jay Well i guess you mean the situation at 1:53 in your video. I personally think it is a racing incident. I was in front of you right before the corner and had Neil Bywater on my left who could have turned into my line aswell. Being more careful on the first lap and brake a bit earlier than usual would have avoided a collision for us both i think.
OK maybe if there was a tiny bit of desync as well you might have appeared more level on your screen. It looks to me like Neil's got plenty of room, your PoV would help.

SexySpudflaps

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 8, 2016
After I have calmed down, I've realised I shouldn't see this race as a failure. Yes I dsq'd and lost point on allflat, but I kept my nose clean the whole time and had some great wheel to wheel racing. The only serious complaints I have about driving standards are vlarichello, partyfuchs and iceman, as I felt their driving was highly erratic. I look forward to racing again next week and I am... Hungary for a good result ;)
... I'll see myself out

Status
Not open for further replies.