PS4 - ROUND 7 - CANADIAN GRAND PRIX [25/11/18 8:00 PM U.K.] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 ROUND 7 - CANADIAN GRAND PRIX [25/11/18 8:00 PM U.K.]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

ELIT3_gam3boy

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 24, 2016
Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 25th November 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Gilles-Villeneuve
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

ELIT3_gam3boy

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 24, 2016
That was quite simply the most depressing race I've had. Felt like I was pushing the car and she just wasn't giving me anything back.....

Reactions: TheMightyBucket-

APeeeX_EU

Pro Karter
Nov 11, 2018
My race was a Bit better than the last but far from ideal, frontwing damage in the 3rd lap... :/ that means i have to make a 2 stop .
Last 12 Laps on Ultras i drove how i should be, great fight from p12 to p8.
Im sorry for the guy who crashed with me last lap, i lost Control a Bit an I think i touched you
But yes, First two points in My second league race ever, i think its ok.

Reactions: TheMightyBucket-

TheMightyBucket-

Pro Karter
Jul 9, 2018
Good job top 3.

Horror show for me @Alex Shield dissapered on the formation lap didn’t even start the race on my screen! Got a good start up to 2nd going for a 2 stop came out the pits caught @TheogGR1 by about 3 seconds in two laps he then pushed me off the track on a STRAIGHT so that was nice of him. I then caught back up a lap or something later he then punts me in the wall what a guy bye bye my front wing race over retired in the pits. @TheogGR1 all the time you must leave the space like I did for you!

TheogGR1

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Aug 12, 2015
Good job top 3.

Horror show for me @Alex Shield dissapered on the formation lap didn’t even start the race on my screen! Got a good start up to 2nd going for a 2 stop came out the pits caught @TheogGR1 by about 3 seconds in two laps he then pushed me off the track on a STRAIGHT so that was nice of him. I then caught back up a lap or something later he then punts me in the wall what a guy bye bye my front wing race over retired in the pits. @TheogGR1 all the time you must leave the space like I did for you!
What? Maybe you should ask for my pov before you start blaming me. Look at my video and tell me that I punted you off... As for leaving space, when did you leave me space? I gave you space when you tried two times to do a late lunge at the hairpin and later at the wall of champions I gave as much room as I could, so not really sure what you are on about.

TheMightyBucket-

Pro Karter
Jul 9, 2018
@TheogGR1 yeah I should have looked at your footage first but I was frustrated at the time. I was probably net p1 with a undercut on a different strategy and you just pushed me on the grass for no reason. There was no lunge you brake early, I don’t even lock up I make the apex and slow down to leave you space on the exit of hairpin.
I apologise see you next race

99Pipmatt

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 2, 2017
@TheogGR1 yeah I should have looked at your footage first but I was frustrated at the time. I was probably net p1 with a undercut on a different strategy and you just pushed me on the grass for no reason. There was no lunge you brake early, I don’t even lock up I make the apex and slow down to leave you space on the exit of hairpin.
I apologise see you next race
Why doesn’t your wheel turn? That’d put me off so much haha

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Q: P3

Went into my final run well down the order with a lot of pressure on for a good lap. The lap was a little scruffy but into the final sector I was purple and my legs were already jelly from the pressure. At the hairpin I braked waaaaay too early and probably cost myself maybe 2 tenths, and knew I had to ace the final chicane without invalidation for a decent result. Thankfully I did it, and honestly this was probably the most pumped moment of my AOR racing career xD

R: P2

I lost a position to @TheMightyBucket- on the start as a result of @Alex Shield being RIDICULOUSLY slow through turns 1 and 2. I believe this had a knock-on effect and caused @F1_Dan at least to get damage, and personally I don't know how I managed to avoid wing damage. Not what I like to see at all but I'm sure it wasn't intentional. For the next few laps I spent my time behind two warping cars and unable to make any progress until Bucket pitted. Then I was able to make quick work of Alex with a nice move around the outside of the hairpin, and I was then able to set my sights on @JammyJames. I gained slightly in the pits as I was able to hold him up by being 3 seconds back, but then emerged with many more cars to negotiate. Again, I made quick work of @SolidNinjaSnake who let me through very respectfully, and was able to avoid a stranded Bucket in the wall of champions. I caught @TheogGR1 and @VSR_Jake in good places to make quick passes, and set a great time of a 12.0 in the process. Then it was a while before I caught @99Pipmatt, and having caught him in a dodgy place I was able to save some ERS behind him before making a pass at the end of the lap, and make a charge towards James. I think he made a slight mistake which I was able to pounce upon and put him under pressure into turn one, but he chopped my nose off in firm fashion. I then ended up with a run on him into turn 3, and as much as I didn't want to be, I ended up on the inside. I probably should've backed out but it seemed like I had a big grip advantage for me to be suddenly alongside, so I didn't. In the end he turned in for the line and contact was made. I pooed myself but somehow managed to keep it out of the wall. I cooked my tyres in the process and from there in I had to save them, ERS and fuel and hope James would get an extra penalty. It never came, and so I settled into P2 and took a VERRRRRYYYYYY cautious final lap to make sure my tyres didn't give up or I got another needless penalty.

P2 in the end. Points back in the championship but a definite missed opportunity. In the end I think I drove a good race, especially considering it is my first on my new wheel, and in the end learned some lessons for the future so I can't complain too much. Congratulations on the win @JammyJames - I expect to see you at the front more often now ;) Great race also from @Mikkel Sørensen with fantastic pace at the end, and a shout out for my teammate @F1_Dan doing a great race considering the wing damage.

On to France :/

Last edited:

TheMightyBucket-

Pro Karter
Jul 9, 2018
Q: P3

Went into my final run well down the order with a lot of pressure on for a good lap. The lap was a little scruffy but into the final sector I was purple and my legs were already jelly from the pressure. At the hairpin I braked waaaaay too early and probably cost myself maybe 2 tenths, and knew I had to ace the final chicane without invalidation for a decent result. Thankfully I did it, and honestly this was probably the most pumped moment of my AOR racing career xD

R: P2

I lost a position to @TheMightyBucket- on the start as a result of @Alex Shield being RIDICULOUSLY slow through turns 1 and 2. I believe this had a knock-on effect and caused @F1_Dan at least to get damage, and personally I don't know how I managed to avoid wing damage. Not what I like to see at all but I'm sure it wasn't intentional. For the next few laps I spent my time behind two warping cars and unable to make any progress until Bucket pitted. Then I was able to make quick work of Alex with a nice move around the outside of the hairpin, and I was then able to set my sights on @JammyJames. I gained slightly in the pits as I was able to hold him up by being 3 seconds back, but then emerged with many more cars to negotiate. Again, I made quick work of @SolidNinjaSnake who let me through very respectfully, and was able to avoid a stranded Bucket in the wall of champions. I caught @TheogGR1 and @VSR_Jake in good places to make quick passes, and set a great time of a 12.0 in the process. Then it was a while before I caught @99Pipmatt, and having caught him in a dodgy place I was able to save some ERS behind him before making a pass at the end of the lap, and make a charge towards James. I think he made a slight mistake which I was able to pounce upon and put him under pressure into turn one, but he chopped my nose off in firm fashion. I then ended up with a run on him into turn 3, and as much as I didn't want to be, I ended up on the inside. I probably should've backed out but it seemed like I had a big grip advantage for me to be suddenly alongside, so I didn't. In the end he turned in for the line and contact was made. I pooed myself but somehow managed to keep it out of the wall. I cooked my tyres in the process and from there in I had to save them, ERS and fuel and hope James would get an extra penalty. It never came, and so I settled into P2 and took a VERRRRRYYYYYY cautious final lap to make sure my tyres didn't give up or I got another needless penalty.

P2 in the end. Points back in the championship but a definite missed opportunity. In the end I think I drove a good race, especially considering it is my first on my new wheel, and in the end learned some lessons for the future so I can't complain too much. Congratulations on the win @JammyJames - I expect to see you at the front more often now ;) Great race also from @Mikkel Sørensen with fantastic pace at the end, and a shout out for my teammate @F1_Dan doing a great race considering the wing damage.

On to France :/
And here’s me thinking I done you round the outside lol spot the difference on my screen compared to yours xD

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
And here’s me thinking I done you round the outside lol spot the difference on my screen compared to yours xD
Wow yeah looks decent from your POV xD

Not letting no one do that to me in such a fashion though you better believe that ;)

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Qualifying
Always planned to start on the Ultrasoft tyre. I was pleasantly surprised at the times I did on the Supersoft and Ultrasoft, a good job too or I'd have been even further behind everyone! After those two runs, I found myself in P13 and opted to go out again but on the Hypersoft, with the goal of grabbing just 11th. Unfortunately, I invalidated the lap at the final chicane before even starting the flying lap! I decided to carry on just to see what time I could have done and surprisingly, I only managed to match my Ultrasoft run. So in the end, I qualified P15.

Race
Did we have more than 17 cars in this race? Haha. I'll get onto that but first I opted to start on the Supersoft to go long into the start. I eventually dropped to the back and just didn't have the pace of everyone else. Lap 4 and an incident happened with @TheogGR1 at the hairpin which gained me a place, quickly followed by another at the final chicane.

Skip to Lap 9 and it felt like I was being overtaken by everyone! I'm sure every lap I got overtaken by those pitting haha. This lasted for a good number of laps, not exactly a great feeling either but ah well. Eventually I pitted myself on Lap 21 for the Ultrasoft, rejoining in last place.

Then I finally seemed to decide to show some sort of pace! Whether it was legit or others had issues, I have no idea. In the end after penalties and a few retirements, I was glad to see the finish line and finished in P12.

Not much more to be said, except that it was a very tough race for myself.