Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flirius

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EL_Sonny

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 9, 2017
Well, it was a good race for me. I had pole and lead the entire race except lap 15. Then on the last lap my game disconnected (55:54), i hope i get my 25 points for this. But that is not my decision.

Video:

Edit: Because im the host, it was probably the reason that everyone his race fucked up at the end.

Helmetless Stig

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 25, 2015
Tons of cutting penalties for me, some of them unfair but I won't bother with those. I entered all my laptimes in excel and added them up. you can confirm them with my in-game screenshots.

As usual, uploading my view.

• Informative
Reactions: Kreosteijn

Kreosteijn

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 10, 2017
According to the rules, we should take the results after lap 33:
Disconnection Guidelines:

● During the race, if half (or more) of the drivers in the lobby lose connection at the same time, or over a short period of time, that counts as a mass disconnection. A "short period of time" would generally mean a couple of minutes, up to a maximum of 5 minutes. This also includes major de-syncing where the lobby gets split up or the other drivers turn into slow-moving ghost cars on everyone else's screen, even if they are technically still racing on their own screen.

● If more than 90% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will end, and the race order from the time of the first disconnection becomes the final result. Full points are awarded to all drivers.

Kreosteijn

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 10, 2017
According to everthing that has been posted here so far, the result after lap 33 would be this:
AOR.png

Does anyone have any extra info? Something like the gap to the car behind/in front after lap 33 would also be enough to fill in the blanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aladar and Spedz

Helmetless Stig

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 25, 2015
Some people were still in lap 34 at that point, so the end of lap 33 / start of lap 34 is the last checkpoint before the server got desynced.
Damn, I'd lose 8th.
[DOUBLEPOST=1511739893][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, at the end of lap 33 I ran wide at WOC, hit the wall and lost time, and got a 3 second penalty. Can I have that removed? According to Kreostijn's results I'd gain a position.

Aladar

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017
Damn, I'd lose 8th.
[DOUBLEPOST=1511739893][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, at the end of lap 33 I ran wide at WOC, hit the wall and lost time, and got a 3 second penalty. Can I have that removed? According to Kreostijn's results I'd gain a position.
I'd assume you'd have to take it to the stewards to see if you can get it removed

Aladar

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017
This was my last race in this fu****** game, I can't play anymore in a game with :
- desync cars in every race which costs me a front wing for Canada and a lot of time in Monaco.
- cars that teleporting every time in each "battle"

I never had any problem on all other F1 game (and no problem in my friday social of course) and my connection hasn't changed since the first F1 from Codemasters so I don't think the issue come from me...

I wish you good luck in future and goodbye guys.

The desync issues seem to be happening to quite a few people on this patch, if codies are aware of it I'd image they'll remove it next patch. It's been happening in the F1 PC races as well.

Lewis Samilton

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 15, 2017
@Kreosteijn I didn't record but I was comfortably 11th place with no one near in front or behind, sorry I don't know exact times.

I had a nice race up until lapping my teammate where we came together - lost out on my first points :(. No hard feelings though, it looked like you had an even more frustrating race!

scotchtape20

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 26, 2014
According to everthing that has been posted here so far, the result after lap 33 would be this:
View attachment 33098

Does anyone have any extra info? Something like the gap to the car behind/in front after lap 33 would also be enough to fill in the blanks.
Well that's P4 for me I guess! Nice!

Quali was good, no corner cuts so no lap invalidated (and no wasted time). I tried the 1-stop strategy offline (SS to S) and it worked quite well against the AI, so I knew it could be done online too and that's why I went with the SS qualifying tyre instead of the US. What I didn't anticipate after quali was that others would do it as well, but with US to S instead. I thought that after quali, everyone from 1st to 9th were going for the classic 2-stop, even the game suggested me a 2-stop strategy (SS-US-US) too. I thought that if I came out alive of the first few corners, it would be smooth sailing to the victory with my slightly slower but very time saving 1-stop strategy. But no, others made 1-stop strategies too and the win wasn't even in consideration at that point. For the rest of the race, I swerved my way through spun out people and avoided too many corner cuts since I knew penalties would be a factor here. I got overtaken early on by someone at the last chicane and gave as much room as I can which made me lose a little bit of time, but I was on slower tyres then everyone else and it was best to avoid contact at that point. I kept a good gap with the guys in front for the first stint which gave me confidence about my "gg ez" win before I figured out everyone's strategy. Second stint was mostly me driving the [email protected]#$ out of the car on Soft tyres as @trumpa94 was closing in on me very quickly on brand new Ultras (I think he did a 2-stop strat). I hoped that he would come out behind @dragonbone81 who was on Soft as well and could have held him up a bit, but he came out just ahead. Near the end, his tyres gave away and I was able to maintain a 3-second gap with him to make sure I would finish ahead of him with penalties added (I didn't know he had 9 seconds worth of penalties at that time).

You know what's funny? In 6 seasons of AOR racing, it was only the second time I was available for the Canada race, my home race. It's not even only my home race, it's my hometown race! Even that, I live like 5 mins away from the track, and let me tell you something... that last chicane, it is incredibly tight in real life too!, I drove on it (speed limit is 35km/h ugh) and I have NO IDEA how those guys can race side-by-side in that corner, it's insanely tight!

Happy with 4th place!

Reactions: Aladar

Helmetless Stig

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 25, 2015
... that last chicane, it is incredibly tight in real life too!, I drove on it (speed limit is 35km/h ugh) and I have NO IDEA how those guys can race side-by-side in that corner, it's insanely tight!
I did it with @Kreosteijn at 11:10 in my video. @Kreosteijn I don't know how you kept behind me through there, I would have had to back out. Would love to see your POV.

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
The results are under investigation :)