Aug 1, 2014
Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 26th November 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

joshualuke1993

S14 AOR PS4 F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
I think pole will most likely be mid 10's round here if it's dry if not it's a free-for-all!

blake300892

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Well, well wasn't expecting a win!!

Qualy was poor, 1s off PB, some Mercedes either had poor awareness or chose also poorly to retire down the back straight which hampered me a lot into final chicane.

Off the start Josh and a Renault came together and i had a good run into turn 1.

I also got punted wide at turn 1 and chose not to skip across the tarmac area and joined back 2nd.

Got the lead a bit later and just tried to battle the conditions to manage gaps and keep it clean.

Got two instant penalties when locking up at final chicane, deffo lost time rather than gained so would have been referring them if it was crucial.

Wanted to go SS but just before my stop Geoff had a strategy option and it changed to US, so had to then push knowing i was stopping again.

Couple more silly penalties but on fresher tyres at the end was able to build the gap.

Finally had a clean race, lucky not to get damage in the early carnage so just drove my own race basically.

Reactions: WildDitto

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
This game is bollox.
First of all its glitchy with the frame rate, it gives penalties for overtaking crashed or just crashed recovering cars on a yellow, it disqualified me because I was spun into a wall, if I reversed out onto the oncoming traffic I would have hit them.

Still can't get the set up right and get large on throttle oversteer moments.
Not a good race at all.

Haze

Formula Karter
Oct 30, 2014
Q: Was disappointing, only finished my first run. Was up 8 tenths on my 2nd run which would've been pole but it got invalidated just at the end. Sorry lioblade about the blocking.

R: I was too busy typing a message so I didn't even start the race but the AI took over. I had a minor bit of damage and was in 8th and got back up to 4th. I then made the quick decision to pit for drys and I ended up not slowing down enough for the pit lane and selected the ultra softs which was the wrong choice. I battled past shyguy and was catching Blake but I had to pit again and changing wing and the stop go penalty put me down. I ended up 6th, drove a bit aggressive this race and got caught up in a few incidents and some corner cutting penalties.

joshualuke1993

S14 AOR PS4 F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Yeah framerate issues were a bit of a pain
Yeah I had a few problems with framerate and the odd car that was lagging whilst in nightmare think it was ginnis where I had a problem that caused me to lose half a wing.

Thomasbrxwn

S13 AOR PS4 Assist Champion
Apr 4, 2017
Frame rate? Some problem that but hey... no more.

Quali - didn’t even set a lap and my best lap was a pole lap...

Race - got to P2 by lap 8, started 18th so happy with that, pitted for SS but and had the pace to win, but bottled it T5 and had to put again, came back out 6th and pushed again to 4th till I met Haze... mate what’s the aggressiveness we had pace to catch Giniss, oh well
Pitted again to try get the fastest lap and succeeded and finished 5th overall
Gg lads good race

Giinis

Semi-Pro Karter
May 30, 2017
Q - 3
Well I was quite happy but I had the pace for pole but did a stupid corner cut in sector 2...

R - 2
Well the first meters were nice, I was leading into turn 1 but then @Synergertyc was late on the brakes and hitted my rear so that i lost it and dropped to last I think... and later on lap 1 he hitted my rear again but i kept my car on track! I knew I had the pace on wet like in Spain and I had some fun out there overtaking the field untill it was dry again. Timing was perfect for me to switch on the softs that I could take to the end. I was sitting in P4 when @Haze pitted and I was suddenly in top 3 after that horrible start. Then I noticed I was catching @shyguy2008 almost 1s/lap and managed to pass him in the end. So P2 was mine and after @blake300892 penaltys the gap in the end was only 0.8s so it was very close despite the horrible lap 1. Congrats to @blake300892!

shyguy2008

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 16, 2017
quali - 7th
As usual I was just poor during the real quali session. I could do low 11's but when it counted I couldn't

race - 3rd
The start from my point of view was actually quite hilarious. I went from 7th to 1st by turn 3 as everyone ahead got caught up in some sort of contact. Lap 1 at the hairpin I had a brain fade and broke where I would in the dry, that allowed blake into first place. Several laps later and many small silly mistakes by me thomas got past too. I felt like I had the pace to catch blake, as I was when I had clean laps, but I was making too many small mistakes and that dropped me into 3rd before it dried out and I pitted. I put SS on, I knew they would make 20 laps so I prayed they would make the extra 4 or 5 laps to the end. Turns out my tyres were perfectly fine to the end, but with about 10/11 laps left of the race I got some oversteer on the exit of turn 7 and got a bit too intimate with the wall, I damaged my front wing so I lost a fair bit of pace from that. Blake on his fresh US got past, then with my wing damage giinis caught me up and passed too. Still I'm happy with 3rd albeit a tad dissapointed at loosing time with my wing damage

WildDitto

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 19, 2017
Well, well wasn't expecting a win!!

Qualy was poor, 1s off PB, some Mercedes either had poor awareness or chose also poorly to retire down the back straight which hampered me a lot into final chicane.

Off the start Josh and a Renault came together and i had a good run into turn 1.

I also got punted wide at turn 1 and chose not to skip across the tarmac area and joined back 2nd.

Got the lead a bit later and just tried to battle the conditions to manage gaps and keep it clean.

Got two instant penalties when locking up at final chicane, deffo lost time rather than gained so would have been referring them if it was crucial.

Wanted to go SS but just before my stop Geoff had a strategy option and it changed to US, so had to then push knowing i was stopping again.

Couple more silly penalties but on fresher tyres at the end was able to build the gap.

Finally had a clean race, lucky not to get damage in the early carnage so just drove my own race basically.
Now I see why the team puts you out before me, clearly the no1 McLaren driver! :lol:

Wimstradamus

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T5 Champion
Premium Member
May 7, 2016
Q p10
R p8

Bad quali (again) set a banker lap in a realy busy lap.
Could not do a clean second lap.

In the race i drove arround the first corner clash and ended up in p6 but than i drove against the back of @MORETHANAMAZING and spun.
Had to let the pack go by and joined in p16.
in the rain i had good pace but when it was dry it was hard to keep my position, happy with p8.