XB1 - Round 7 - Hungarian Grand Prix [27/05/2018 8.00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 7 - Hungarian Grand Prix [27/05/2018 8.00PM]

SoggyCabbages

FM Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 5, 2014

Cracking battle overall for sure, definitely some good battles with @Chesney, although I don't think you would have got 10th buddy ?? had that final point written all over with my name ??

Cheers guys, see you next week!
Sorry about my collision with you mate. You turned in but obviously weren't expecting me to overtake there. I did slow for you though. At least you didn't lose any wings and got a point in the end!

VnTrMinty

Formula Karter
Dec 7, 2017
Hey @SoggyCabbages really enjoyed hunting you down from a 10+ second lead on those mediums. Not sure if you had damage but wish I recorded my overtake round the outside of turn 2. And then did it again later on the fresh supers which defitnley wasn’t as impressive! But I’ll still take it!

SoggyCabbages

FM Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 5, 2014
Never actually put my mini race report so here we go.

I'm a crafty bugger, I thought I'll qualify on the hardest compound and make up positions as people track, Hungary isn't the easiest place to overtake so I thought I could make a few positions up through pit strategy - worked for me in Bahrain when I got a podium so solid thinking. Bloody game switches me to softs automatically and I only realise as I ready up and can't change it. So I'm faster on the softs which means I'm keeping pace with people at the beginning of the race, stuck behind a bloody Haas which was god awful slow, crash into him lose wing and pit.

So lap 4 (I think) I go on to the mediums and prepare for a disgustingly long 31 lap stint. Trundled around the back. @VnTrMinty behind me for a lot of it. He pits towards the end for supers, I have a big enough gap to pit but I thought what's the point gap it like 20 seconds I can keep it on these tyres. But no, they were shot, 80% wear was the flavour of the day and he was making up like 3 seconds a lap.

Caught the back end of a gaggle of cars fighting for 10th ish. Unfortunately I had got a disgustingly unfair penalty earlier in the race, if it wasn't for that reckon I would've overtaken them all in the final race results as they all had penalties. Someone had about 6 penalties, unlucky them. :D

Reactions: VnTrMinty

Jott3r

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 9, 2018
Sorry about my collision with you mate. You turned in but obviously weren't expecting me to overtake there. I did slow for you though. At least you didn't lose any wings and got a point in the end!
Sh*t happens buddy, was a-bit of an unexpected and long lunge dive down the inside but I appreciated your hold up out of Turn 1. GG?