Jan 14, 2014
Round 7 - Hungarian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 27th May 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Hungaroring
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Thomasbrxwn

Last edited:

pepper_F1

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jul 20, 2014
QUESTIONS

1. We didn't race in Monaco, but many consider the Hungaroring to be an equivalent tough track. Would you prefer to race in Monaco or here?
2. Being one of the toughest tracks to overtake, will this be the most important qualifying session of the season?
3. After seeing a few incidents in Silverstone but also amazing battles, which are you expecting to have this Sunday?
4. Due to the amount of first lap incidents, and also strategy wise, will start outside the top 10 be better than starting up the field?

Last edited:

AORHAMILTON

Formula Karter
Jan 11, 2017
1. We didn't race in Monaco, but many consider the Hungaroring to be an equivalent tough track. Would you prefer to race in Monaco or here?

I would prefer to race at Monaco because the barriers are much closer then they are at the Hungaroring and one mistake and your in a wall and also its a drivers circuit who makes all the difference.

2. Being one of the toughest tracks to overtake, will this be the most important qualifying session of the season?

I personally dont think it will be the most important as Singapore will be and you can overtake if you get a good exit out of the last corner and running much lower wing then the driver in front.

3. After seeing a few incidents in Silverstone but also amazing battles, which are you expecting to have this Sunday?

I just hope to finish in the points as i havent even finished in the points for the last 4 races and i know ive clearly had the pace to do so its just mistakes that has cost me dearly so thats my aim.

4. Due to the amount of first lap incidents, and also strategy wise, will start outside the top 10 better than starting up the field?

Starting up field will be better as having track position is so important so even if you have much better pace around the Hungaroring your not gonna overtake unless you get an opportunity out of last corner or the driver makes a mistake or do an undercut which is powerful around here.

S40TYD

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 18, 2017

110% Monaco for me. I can't get into a rhythm at Hungaroring.

Yes, without a doubt. Track position is key. I would be amazed to see anyone from the midfield reach the podium. (Excluding cars in front crash out / time penaltys)

I'm expecting incidents but hoping for wheel to wheel action.

4. Due to the amount of first lap incidents, and also strategy wise, will start outside the top 10 be better than starting up the field?

It's a tough one every race we've had pretty much have had incidents in the first few laps. But you can't count on luck to have a good points finish. It's all about Qualifying.

Reactions: AORHAMILTON

pepper_F1

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jul 20, 2014
Monaco. I'm not great there, especially on this game, but it's a different world, and by far the most challenging. Hungary is just meh.

Made my return to AOR last season at this track, and it was horrible to qualify so far below and being stuck behind other cars so, maybe not as important as the title-deciding qualifying session, but definitely up there.

I'd love to have good wheel to wheel action on Sunday, but racecraft hasn't been great from, so I'll be happy if I just avoid the incidents.

If it rains, starting as further back as you can will definitely be the safest option, but again, being stuck behind slower cars on older tyres is not a fun experience so probably not ideal to start outside the top 10.

HiippariLate

GP2 1st Driver
Apr 3, 2018
QUESTIONS

As a pad user Monaco is the track from my nightmares, so definetly Hungary for me especially how good my pace seems from somw early practice.
I'd say so but it's also a hard track so if you are consistent you could climb up if other guys bottle it
Hoping for some good battles ofc but Hungary being such a thight track I'm afraid we could see some too optimistic moves.
It's always better to start from the front no matter what the track is. You just have to be passive enough and hope for the best in the opening laps.

Reactions: AORHAMILTON

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I'd rather race here but that's not to say I'm any good at this track

Almost certainly

An incident free race would be nice

Absolutely not. Track position is king here. Don't expect a good result if you start at the back

Sneaky24-7Ninja

Formula 4 1st Driver
Nov 17, 2017
Neither!!! Okay probably Hungary as the lesser of 2 evils.
Definitely one of the most important.
Lets hope for good battles.
No, first lap incidents could happen anywhere in the field and the easiest way of avoiding them is to already be ahead.

Vintage_DG

S15 AOR PS4 F5 Champion
Mar 29, 2018
Q: P2
R: P10

The game is just horrible.
Never clocked a time that is worse than 1:16.9 in quali, but the car felt uncontrollable and i was sliding in every corner.
In the race I spun while driving on the ideal line and the car was still sliding in every single corner.
I don't know if there's still a setup glitch or whatever but this game is definitely not eSports ready lol.
Not mad now to be honest and won't take this serious anymore, just driving so i don't have to qualify for the next season.

S40TYD

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 18, 2017
Practice: I was struggling with setup in the beginning but managed to dial it in and found alot of pace in clean air. However being in traffic was causing me alot of trouble.
Qualifying: 5th
Struggled in Qually banker was an 18.0 eventually managed a 17.7
Race: 9th
Starting in the middle of the field it was hard to find space. While trying not to hit anyone i missed my braking point locked up and made contact with @Vintage_DG broke my wing. Decided to pit for MEDIUMS as it was going to rain at the end of the race I was hoping around 10 laps to go. Unfortunately it wasn't to be 34 laps on the medium tyres on 80% had to back right off with 3 laps to go trying to avoid a puncture. But we made the chequered flag to take some points.

pepper_F1

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jul 20, 2014
Quali: 12th
Race: 4th

Comments: All week I was complaining about the lack of pace I had around here. Car always felt good, apart from a bit of stiff handling at certain sections, but alright on dirty air and heavy fuel. Bottled my 2nd run, and for the 3rd time missed out on a top 10 start. However, that did allow me to try out a strategy starting on Softs. Was quite cautious on the first few laps, but decided to allow @Sneaky24-7Ninja through as he was on the faster compound, and he did not disappoint, by pulling off some great moves. Sadly I couldn't go past @Boniface-8 and had to maintain @Tigaby behind me which was no easy task, but eventually got myself leading and with some free air to try and manage the rest of the stint as well as I could. Was afraid of the undercut from Tigaby, especially with letting @HiippariLate through, but managed to just come out of the pits ahead of him, on fresh SS. And here it was party mode all the way until the end, managing to overtake @S40TYD, @Tincan394, @TheTubbyNinja and finally @Boniface-8 in a recovery drive that I was quite proud of, finishing very close to Sneaky in the end, and a great race that proved that Williams is still a team to watch out for in a good day.

ColonelGaddafi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 4, 2017
Feel like skipping the rest of the season after this race - honestly can't catch a break!

Qualifying: 15TH

Entirely my fault. Hadn't practiced at all till today yet somehow found a decent set-up that threatened yet again for the top spots. As has been my season narrative though, fate went against me again. First lap was only half a second off @Vintage_DG's opener yet was all the way down in 15th. My best second attempt was a 1:17.293 which, to my fury, meant another pole chance went begging thanks to invalidating my attempts.

Race: 17th and last......

Not often I get genuinely angry with gaming but the start sent me to the rage fest. Started poorly and was 17th and last by turn 1 but jumped to 14th coming to the end of the lap, and on soft tyres along with extra fuel and a good feel for the car I was quietly confident of getting into contention for serious points. Until @XxHAMMERTIME95Xx's HAAS came spinning directly into my path that was...... Front wing was smashed in and with it my race was ruined before it even got going, let him know later on I wasn't happy by holding him up towards the end but that was the rage talking by that point.

Tried a rescue job by using the Mediums to attempt a one-stop and was managing to keep pace with @nardcox who was on the same tyres, but was struggling to get anywhere near him with the turbulent air affecting my car (cue a number of penalties too), so I lost interest in the race by lap 20 and just tried seeing what my pace was like...... Fastest lap! That perversely pissed me off more seeing that knowing I could have had a good result but luck went against me yet again.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother....

Sneaky24-7Ninja

Formula 4 1st Driver
Nov 17, 2017
Q: P11
A real let down seeing as this was only the 2nd race in which I felt like I had top 3 potential in qualifying. (Anything within a tenth of my PB would have been pole)

R: P3
Got an amazing launch and took 2 positions before turn 1. Unfortunately the outside was a bad choice and was pushed wide, however at the inside of turn 2 I made it all back. The SS stint my pace was strong probably because of the fresh tyres compared to those I was racing. Decisive moves on @Boniface-8 and @TheTubbyNinja put my up to P5 and within range of the top 4. After an incident between @Tincan394 and @JebeFIN I was net P3 and managed to hold on to the end despite my advancing teammate @pepper_F1 in the closing laps.

Great team result!

Last edited:

tough_2_handle

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 5, 2018
Q: Pole by 2 thousands of a second from my team mate @Vintage_DG to my surprise considering I had 2-3 hours practice only. Still Hungary is a track I like and has been good to me. Another Sauber front row lock out

R: Had a good launch off the line. minimum wheel spin. Then off worked to keep it clean to avoid penalties. Struggled with high rear tyre wear as the car felt loose at the rear. Managed to avoid spinning couple of times. That gave @HiippariLate chance to catch me on the straight and overtook me at turn 2. Knowing he had a penalty, I did not fight much and kept him within 1-2 seconds. We pitted same lap and unfortunately I got held up making me loose 1-2 seconds to him giving him a 4 seconds lead. Was pushing from lap 14 onwards managing my tyres and fuel. Started to close the gap with conditions going cooler dropping gap to around 3 seconds and last lap sprinkles of rain had @HiippariLate struggle giving me chance to close the gap to 2 seconds .. giving me a net win. Not the way I wanted my first AOR win - still I’ll take it

Off to Spa!!

Last edited:

BenJS1244

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 14, 2018
Q: 4th
R: 7th
Had bad start by being taken by @S40TYD , @JebeFIN and @TheTubbyNinja . Then managed to do nice move on @TheTubbyNinja to get into 5th after that @S40TYD had to pit for damage I think then I tried to close down the top 3 of @HiippariLate @tough_2_handle and @JebeFIN . However on lap 12 Jesse spun on 2nd last corner and stopped meaning couldn’t get out of way so had damage which meant I ended up in 8th and felt it ruined my race I had to go on mediums. For last 10 laps had decent battle with @TheTubbyNinja but when I locked up I hit tubby slightly lost some of wing then for last few laps just coasted home.

Not happy with the result but let’s go on to Belgium ??

HiippariLate

GP2 1st Driver
Apr 3, 2018
Q: p3 yet again qualifying with my banker so kind of disappointed after doing really well in practice before the race

R: p2 After @Vintage_DG spun in the last corner I found my self right behind @tough_2_handle so I decided to lay back a little bit and save the tyres but soon I realized @JebeFIN was catching us so I picked up the pace and after tough made a mistake in the last corner I got past him. After pitting I saw that the gap between me and tough was 4-3 seconds so I just went into a tyre saving/don't bottle this mode and just managed the gap to the car behind me bc I had a penalty. Then the rain came and completely caught me of guard I made a mistake in the last sector of the which ment that the gap between us was less than 3 seconds gifting the win to @tough_2_handle who had a great race not getting any penalties!

Really looking forward to Spa!

TheTubbyNinja

F1 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2017
Thought that was a thoroughly enjoyable race. Had some good battles throughout and steered clear of any trouble. Only 8th but considering my slight strategic error and being slower than the front guys I'm very happy with it.

Reactions: Sneaky24-7Ninja

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q: 17th. Crashed out in quali and only had a rubbish banker so I started last.

R: 12th. Dire to be honest. Some good battles here and there but the time lost behind @AOR Davidben and @vectro666 in the first stint ended my race. Added to the fact that I stayed out an extra lap on worn softs. However, the bottom line is that the pace just wasn't there. Onto Spa, a track which gave me my first AOR win but hasn't been kind to me since that day. We'll see how it goes...