Jan 14, 2014
Round 8 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 3rd December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Baku City Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @TheEpicSnowWolf - travelling
- @acerees - works functions (pissups)
- @Clint58 - family time
- @p_w - wants to leave the league
- @Voller

Last edited:

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
@acerees @ChokDK @Kiinako @michal_miletin @Neil Bywater @Nasom @LukeBin010 @SexySpudflaps @p_w @Partyfuchs @Putttee @Voller @TheEpicSnowWolf @Smu3l3y @Poetic D @Clint58 @hennree @KaneJr00 @yoan97222 @Rienk ven Droon @winchy33

Please note, it is the responsibility of the COD to start the race. Please DO NOT press the START RACE button to give fellow drivers time to adjust strategy before we begin.

Also as a result of Stewards enquiries after Canada, please try to avoid first lap contacts; potential for desync is at it's highest at the start of a race, please try to make sure you are clean on your screen.

The only good pass is a clean one - don't take risks with your race and those of your opponent. Give them room to race.

TheEpicSnowWolf

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 26, 2017
As I already posted in the Canada thread, I can't make it to this race and the round in Austria. I'll basically be travelling around Europe over the next two weekends (as if the weeks wouldn't be stressful enough already) and will return only on the Mondays.

I wish you a lot of fun and clean racing. :)

acerees

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Put me down as a no show this week @Jay i have two works Christmas nights out fri and sat so I don’t think I will be able to function on Sunday

• Informative
Reactions: Steve Jackson

Clint58

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 18, 2015
Sorry fellas can't make this one either - off to centreparcs with the wife and boy tomorrow (wahoo! ) - but will be back for Sunday 10th Nov race (Austria I think?). Good luck all

• Informative

yoan97222

Reigning AOR PC F1 Split 5 Champion
Sep 22, 2016
Well guys i just afforded a new g29 wheel (thank you black friday) to replace my good old logitech driving force gt.
This so different..the pedals are particularly hard to get used to.
Ill try to improve with this wheel but i think i will not be at my best on sunday :angelic:

Last edited:

SexySpudflaps

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 8, 2016
I’m running a bit late, could we hold off for like 10 mins? Computer is on so I can still join mid Q if not

Partyfuchs

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 22, 2015
Was hoping for a good result here in Baku after a P4 Qualy.
But Lap 1 as always was a total desaster.
WP for the guy who divebombed me in Turn 2 on Lap 1. Cant be real

• Friendly

hennree

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 15, 2017
So disappointed - had a bit of practice around here which I haven't been able to do much of recently.

Set a banker lap in quali that put me P9 - going for my second run and was blocked by @ChokDK being driven by AI (I presume he had retired from the session) so had to back down.

Had a good start to the race, made it up to 7th but some people were being too cautious and braking for corners that don't exist (between t14 and t15) - caught me by surprise and almost had @Neil Bywater run into the back of me but he must have god like reactions and managed to avoid me.

I think it was lap 2 or 3 that @Neil Bywater & I had a great run on a couple of cars ahead on the start finish straight which would have put me P5 I think? I had the moves completed, however I was taken out by @Poetic D going into T1. Not sure what happened from his point of view, so i'll wait to hear his side, but it seemed like he was on the brakes far too late and went straight on at T1.

Last edited:
  • Informative

SexySpudflaps

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 8, 2016
Was expecting a non points finish here, after missing qualifying - apologies for that, the parents had been away for a few days and got back home with KFC at quarter to 8!

I got away okay and kept it nice and tidy to eventually find myself in 4th thanks to others’ misfortunes. However I was really struggling, ending up with Kane and Nasom right on me, with I think Neil? Or Jay catching me. I unfortunately took to much kerb and binned it however. Onward to better things and better circuits! This one is a mess

LukeBin010

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 3, 2017
Coongrats @Kiinako, Damn! that's so annoying to crash into the wall at the lap 20/26 for a stupid mistake when you're 2nd kinda gaining time to the 1st! after the pole in Q I was so excited, unfortunately i lost the car in the first corner after the start so i had to give back to the 2nd. Had a really fair battle with @KaneJr00 at the beginning. However i'm not in race for the championship so i'm glad of my work done and i think i'm getting a lot of experience here, kinda improving my mindset race to race.

Status
Not open for further replies.