PC - Round 8 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix [03/12/17 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 8 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix [03/12/17 8:00pm]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasom

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 19, 2016
Terrible qually from me as always P12!
I didnt have the perfect race and my main goal was to finish inside the points!I was P5 after Luke crashed and I was holding on after I went deep on Turn 7 and my front left wing went red!I couldnt steer right and at left turns I was locking up so I lost so much time I ended in P8!Still I got my first points of this season and I am happy with it!

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I’m running a bit late, could we hold off for like 10 mins? Computer is on so I can still join mid Q if not
I didn't see this, we could see you snoozing on Steam. We really need to be in the lobby for 7:50pm and it's unlikely I'll see stuff appear so late.

winchy33

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017
Congrats @Kiinako on the win, solid drive

Pitted lap 1 after knocking my front wing. Showed good pace and kept things clean and on the track. Managed to get up to P8 but under no pressure, I nearly knocked the century old medieval castle down with my yellow banana car. Pitted into 10th on SS and hunted down @Poetic D. We went side by side across the line, but he stole it by 4 tenths of a second.

Pleased that ones out the way :D

Putttee

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 11, 2016
Well the qually went to hell since I got crashed out due to people not keeping a distance. Its not gonna ruin a qually if you hang 15 seconds behind or something. Now it would probably not made a difference but its just a good idea to think about it.

Race was just a nightmare. Seemed that my engine was bad since I couldn't get over 314. Was hanging in there hoping for some more people retiring but didnt happen. However it finally was a race that I got to finish. Got a video with lots of blue flags and some example how to do it. lol

• Friendly
Reactions: Steve Jackson

yoan97222

Reigning AOR PC F1 Split 5 Champion
Sep 22, 2016
Quali P8
Not really good but i was a good position to start the race

Race P6
What a race ! It was really hard and a couple of great overtake
After the start i just tried to stay out of trouble and avoided a lot of incidents. (I think my record can be use for some stewards)
After the chaos of the first lap i was in P5 until i've been pushed into the wall and lost my front wing. I forgive you @Neil Bywater I know you're usualy a clean and fair racer.
So first Pit stop I knew the Soft could go to the end so i went for it a try to create a gap between me and @Neil Bywater but i've been stuck behind @winchy33 who hold his place really well there. Great drive mate I hope you felt the pressure at least :sneaky:
Finally i lost my wing a 2nd time like a champion. I went for SS and fall in P10.With 8 laps to go I then decided to push like hell (got the fatest lap btw :cool:)
and some miracle happens with like 3 drivers to retire. I managed to get back on @michal_miletin and had a really great battle with him.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q: 10th

Managed two runs but the first is always a sighter. I have been recording 1:43.5 as an average time the last couple of days then gone closer to 1:43.0 with a second run, so 1:44.2 is slower than I was expecting. Amazed to be 10th and disappointed not to be on the 3rd row - out of the carnage.

R: 5th SS/S (10)

Got swiped in the 1st corner and spun into the pitlane exit. Plum last. Kept my wing fortunately and realised I had a 6 wing setup. Spent the rest of the lap altering the diff, pre setting the wing change for the pitstop and adjusting the brake balance. Fortunately not much else differed from the default preset. I hope I had my ride height and balance.

I ran in clean air to catch the pack and started to make my way past those pitting for damage and picking off those making mistakes. I drove pretty well and was getting into a rhythm, planning to pit on strategy. Then I came across an incident between @SexySpudflaps and @Nasom I think. I totally lost my focus, until then I had been in the zone bar a couple of tricky turns into T4. This was the scene of the crash. I ended up in the escape road myself and then couldn't find the rhythm I'd had. Many poor corners followed, hesistation and uncertainty. I dropped two places with another mistake and I think I came out 9th when I should have pitted from 4th.

I gained a little bit of composure during the 2nd stint and set about burning fuel. I had to change the brake balance to the front to deal with a car that wasn't stopping on the nose. Not something I'd experienced with my chosen setup. I was pretty pleased I made the right call to fix it. Tiredness crept in from about Lap 23 and I was relieved to take the flag in the end as the mini pack was closing back in.

Could have been so much more.

Last edited:

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
Race report time!

Pre-race:
Never raced this track fully before, and definitely not online, so I was up for a challange. After a few hours of practice, I started to develop a sort of inner hate for this track. I felt I just couldn't find a way to get around it fast enough for my liking. Then after a few horrible socials, this feeling was only worsened. I went into this race expecting nothing but a DNF.

Qualy:
Found out that, despite how I felt around the track, I was actually quite quick and consistent compared to the rest. Managed to put a lap time in for P2, which later became P3 and stayed that way. I could've maybe improved enough to beat the time of @Kiinako, but I locked up coming out of the pits and ended up in the run-off area. After what seemed like a 256-point turn, I didn't have enough time to get in another lap. So P3 it was.

Race:
Pretty shoddy start. After my incident last week I was trying to take this carefully, but I got blasted past by a few different cars. Damaged my front wing just a bit after running into the back of @LukeBin010, who broke a little earlier than I was expecting and also got dive-bombed a bit by what seemed like @yoan97222 into turn 3, but it looked like there was some more stuff going on there, so no harm done. Then I got a treat by being behind @michal_miletin, who obviously was having some troubles in sector 2, and @yoan97222 who was trying to get past him. At some point they both hit the right side wall at the same time throwing sparks out, which looked really cool.

After doing my best to avoid them, because they were going pretty slowly, I eventually got past them both on the start/finish straight. Then at turn 1, I don't know if @Poetic D was trying a move, or if he made a mistake, but as I turned in for the corner I saw some red arrows very rapidly approaching, followed by a McLaren going to Narnia in my mirrors. After that it was racing as usual. Managed to make it to my pit window with my front wing, and repaired it in the pits after some quick calculations on where I might end up after pitting. One thing that 25 mile long straight is good for is thinking about strategy.

Ended up in the same position as I was, 3rd. Now I still had @LukeBin010 in front of me, but now @KaneJr00 behind me. After some laps, I went a bit too quickly into turn 2, and chipped off some of the right side of my front wing. I was pretty angry at this point about potentially losing a podium, but I raced on. After some nervous laps and some (VERY) scary moments, I noticed that all those horrible socials have been good for atleast one thing; they have taught me to be quick around this track with a broken front wing. I was checking the time to @KaneJr00 behind me basically every lap, and I managed to maintain a decent gap to him. Then after @LukeBin010 crashed out in the castle section, it was up to me to bring it home in P2. After what seemed like eternity, with me fighting to keep concentration, I made very little mistakes and managed to keep P2. Very happy with my first podium in the league!

Last edited:

Kane Jr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2017
Thank you all for waiting on me as we were joining the lobby. My new 4K monitor came in and although the picture was amazing I downscaled to 1080p as I didn't have OBS set up for 4K. Still an amazing picture in 1080p.

Qualifying: My dog ran off with my bluetooth headphones so I was forced to chase him around the house. By the time I got back, I went out on track and got some off @Putttee 's slip stream on the home straight and then freaked out as he ping ponged off the barriers so we had an incident. My apologies, @Putttee I was able to get back to my box to swap tyres and pound in one more lap before time expired and qualified P6. I hurried back home from work so I was unable to get any practice in. I was nearly a full second off my TT pace which could've landed me P2.

Race: I finally got to start on the inside line and had a lightning start! I found myself in P3 by T3. Had a fantastic battle with @LukeBin010 in the opening laps and eventually passed him for P2.

Such a terrific start went to hell as I was too hot entering T3 by L4 or 5 and had to use the escape route. I rejoined the racing surface when it was safe. but fell back to P9.

Luckily I kept it off the barriers so I had no damage. I stuck with it and watched as others made mistakes and worked my way back into the top 5.

I had a terrific battle with @SexySpudflaps but could not get the pass done and drivers behind were catching up. I went for the undercut in hopes of passing @SexySpudflaps when he would make his pit stop as I took a set of M the rest of the way for a one stopper. On the next lap, @SexySpudflaps retired so I was counting my lucky stars I avoided a possible collision.

With about 15 to go, I was back in P4 chasing down @Rienk ven Droon for P3 who was on S. I was really hoping his S would fall off and I could catch up, but he did a fantastic job of preserving his tyres so well done on managing your rubbers and keeping it off the barriers.

@LukeBin010 binned it in the castle section and his car was stopped right in the middle as I had no where to go, but luckily his car ghosted. I brought her home in P3 for a much needed podium finish.

Big shout out to my former teammate @Jay for a solid points finish as well. Well done, everyone.

ChokDK

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 11, 2016
To make a short story even shorter:
I've got a new wheel, forgot all about the clutch for race start and just key binded it to some random key=
no race start for me :(

I have never ended a league race on this track yet, and now this one even didn't get started :( AARGH

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
My highlights:

(possible 'save of the race' @ 7:14)

Last edited:
Reactions: yoan97222

LukeBin010

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 3, 2017
Hello Guys! if you want, this is my highlights video of yesterday! Hope you enjoy it, At least the grand final!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rienk

winchy33

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017
No sound again (Finally figured out for OBS settings for next time though!)

Check out the finish with @Poetic D, side by side on the line

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.