XB1 - Round 8 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix [03/12/17 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 8 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix [03/12/17 8:00pm]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

MurphysLawl

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 18, 2017
I’ve been mainly focusing on race pace and the overall balance of the setup.

Tire strategy is going to determine the winner I believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigBadPopperDom

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
1:43 is the best I could manage in TT and that with everything perfect. Mostly consistent at a 1:43.5

Looking like I might be a little off the pace for this one lol

@Joseph Baigent I may not be able to attend on sunday. I'll let you know prior to the race. Hopefully I can attend since I'm right in the thick of the top ~7 places or so!

Last edited:

MurphysLawl

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 18, 2017
It’s raceday my dudes.

Also, will the race time be in the late afternoon just like in real life?

Jack Badman

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 19, 2017
Well there it is. My first retirement. To top it off it was in both quali and the race. Quali i was on the final run to the finish and two cars were slow ahead. With knowhere to go i tried swerving both and hit the wall.

After a good clean start, i took turn one ans got hit by someone coming back onto the track after missing the braking zone. Wrecked my front wing. With a plan to hit the Softs and go to the end, i didnt account for the lack of downforce, wall bounced on the final fast corners and innevitably hit the wall again and that was that. So damn dissapointed. Whatever championship hopes i head left are now definitely gone. Onto austria i guess *cries*

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
Damn, gotta try and forget this one.

Quali: Got disconnected, thankfully was able come back in and get a lap in... not a great lap by any means though. P8
Race: Got off the line like a crazy person. Up into P5! Clipped my front wing on lap 4, dove in for some fresh SS. Was doing well managing them and had a fastest lap mid race (which was overly exciting for me lol) Frobo and Brown pitted and came out behind me. Quickly caught me and my old SS :/ I clipped the back of frobo when i missed my braking point into turn 1. Pitted for softs and was flying until I gave myself a red wing, similar to badman i didn't account for downforce being gone. Locked up headed into turn 15 and sent her into the wall.

I have to figure out how to not get uncomfortable with people driving close to me. Third race now I've had an issue clipping the back of somebody because of missed braking points.

Still steaming about my first DNF

Last edited: