Mar 18, 2016
Round 8 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 3rd December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Baku City Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@JIM-NervoTank
@Simo911

Questions to drivers:

1)What is tighter: This girl's waist or the entry to the castle section?
dfds.gif

2) Baku is a very controversial track in real life. Do you think F1 needs of of these inner city events (maybe a London GP) or do Strret circuits have to stay in a small number to make them special events like monaco and singapore

Predictions pls:
Pole:
1)
2)
3)
first to bin it in the castle section:

Last edited:
  • Indifferent
  • Disagree
Reactions: Bcolt93 and CianG-4

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
Terrible performance from me. Did so much practice for this one to learn the track once and for all but I've lacked concentration the whole day.

Did 40.0 every single quali session yesterday and now I couldn't even get a clean lap in. Kms

wooly51

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
You know what, I finished P13 but im actually more than okay with tonight.

My 43.2 set on lap 7 was more than competitive in the race pace and I was driving okay. Just a shame I have a sticking brake pedal which from lap 11 meant that on heavy application it would stick down, lock up and into the wall I'd go.

I'll HAVE to get that sorted before Tuesday but all in all. Very good.

And another finish too despite being at the back.

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
what a strange race, did little practice for this, but suddenly i found good pace tonight and i was really happy with myself!!

BUT i just cant have any luck this season, at the start @BigshotP1ayerGR decided to sideswipe me and i lost 3 places off the start and then @Rc-Alonso44 decided that going side by side through a corner is a legitimate situation to put me in the wall and ruined my race.

I ahve seen so many unnecesary stupid divebombs again today, i will keep monitoring the driving standard here bc this contact model really invites ppl to just throw it down the inside in kamikaze moves.

anyway, P7 isnt too bad after so many laps with damage and austria is next

CianG-4

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 23, 2014
Qualifying: 16th
Extremely disappointing. Had a very average banker, but the second lap is the relevant one. I had an extreme misunderstanding with Bigshot which meant I couldn't have another attempt and I had to start right down the back.

Race: 12th
First day back, all I wanted was to have a clean race. I was very cautious and making progress. However, I was struggling massively with my straight line speed which was holding me back.
Mid-race I was following Bcolt through the castle section. He bottled it into the wall and I couldn't but hit him, damaging my wing, forcing me to pit and ending my race as a contest from that point. It was disappointing but it was encouraging to see from practice too that I am already of competitive pace for my first race on the new game.

Highlights:

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
pretty much **** down my leg in today's race. no reason for me to finish lower than P5 given the first few laps I had but I just lack consistency from not playing the game much. On to next week

Ollie_D631

S14 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 1, 2016
Was able to do consistent low 1:40s in qualifying practice but i decided to do 2 laps on my first run. Both laps were bad and i ran out of fuel heading into the pits so didnt have time to do a 2nd run. Qualified last and i was very annoyed. Started on the harder compound and had good pace on them. Got a good start and had some good battles. Once all the super soft people pitted, i was in clear air and had good pace. After i pitted, came out in 6th. Had a good battle with @Aressi191 to take 5th. Good result from last on the grid but the pace was there for so much more if i hadnt bottled quali. GG @Gamer_DA_best262 @Shellay @SynTeTiC96

BigC_019

GP2 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2016
P10, after losing my wing on the first lap due to some cars ahead being unable to stop in time for Turn 3. Pace was better than in practice and after seeing how Ollie did, more was on offer, but I will take a point.

Well done to @Gamer_DA_best262 and @Shellay

SynTeTiC96

S15 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 14, 2017
Quali: p10 lost 2 tenth in my final run in s1 which would got me in the top 5 but could have been worse. Unfortunate to start basically on one of the worst spots to be in.
Race: Dropped to 12 after t1 but i knew my setup would help me out. I used 1-2 wings cause i knew everyone would go for 1-8 and i could overtake quite easily on the straights.
I was quite surprised when i came out in p5 after the pitstop. But when i was at the back of @Shellay i couldnt get closer, even on the last lap, which was strange considering more straight line speed was basicallly not possible. Nevertheless a well deserved win and second place for @Gamer_DA_best262 and @Shellay. Also a great performance from my teammate @BigshotP1ayerGR , who was very consistent both in quali and in the race and who helped me getting closer to shellay.

Reactions: CianG-4