Apr 26, 2015
Round 8 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 3rd December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Baku City Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @ramdrop
- @Brendon Leigh
- @NonRunner
- @Marek
- @Kez

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FisiFan91

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
I will be absent this week due to going for a meal with my family on Sunday evening.

• Informative

Marek

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 4, 2016
Sadly i can't race today because I need to do some stuff for school.

Last edited:
  • Informative

sigro

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 20, 2017
Really sorry to @maxafc46 - was distracted by n0body's desynced car so I couldn't see my reference point for T2, though it was still completely my fault, sorry for ruining your race.

Was in a good position until then but I'm too annoyed at myself for making such a silly mistake so decided to retire, sorry again

Last edited:
  • Friendly

Slickk

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2017
Good to know for next season that a 0 stop isn't possible

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I've never been so far off the pace in my life... but I quadrupled my points tally... so yeah :panda:

• Winner
Reactions: Raven

Raven

2-time AOR PC America F1 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
Not gonna say a whole lot about that race.

P5 in quali with a decent lap but Dani 7 tenths faster is just out of this world. Insane man. GG

P4 in the race after the dramas on lap 1 dropping to P14 and with damage. My car was a handful but thankfully made it to the end on extremely worn tires. Got front wing damage in the first stint and took a few trips down the escape roads to have a scenic view of Baku compared to the typical race. lol Hope to still be able to challenge for podiums in the future but with Brendon back next week too that's going to prove even harder.

But amazing job by @Bereznay Dani today with a just dominate display! Great debut by @SvenZSven, good podium. And @Timp for somehow making it back onto the podium after being in last on track like half way thru the race.

Really looking forward to the NEXT 5 races on classic circuits and no more street circuits for a while! Roll on the proper European season!

Reactions: Timp

Timp

S17 AOR PC F1 Champion & S14 PC F2 Sprint Champion
Jan 4, 2017
Q: Had no expectations for this so i was very happy with p4

R: Start was ok even tho l lost bit of my wing on start, after that it was such a battle to keep up with the top 3. Pitted lap 8 for undercut and on my in lap l made my worst mistake ever and had to pit again for new wing... At that moment l already thought its over but l didn't want to give up because l knew my pace was very good on rain. Had to make a new pitstop on lap 24 for new inters otherwise would got an puncture so in the end l was so delighted with p3 after such a amazing comeback.

Qélon

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Sep 15, 2016
Quali: My first run was ok but not perfect and before I started my final lap I got fw damage.
Race: Ha dabsolutely no consistency or pace for 90% of the race. Only focus was to not lose my frontwing or completely destroy my car. For some reason though I had horendous tyre wear and although I pitted on lap 10 I fiinished the race with 97% of tyre wear(those last few laps were very intense^^). Overall P5 is way better than I expected and it finally ends my @n0body_ curse (apparently I DNF'ed every race he took part in)and sets the starting points for lovely tracks like Austria, Silverstone and Hungary on which I hopefully can find more time and motivation to drive.
Highlights:

• Faff
Reactions: n0body_