PS4 - Round 8 - Belgian Grand Prix [03/06/18 8:00pm UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 8 - Belgian Grand Prix [03/06/18 8:00pm UK]

Harinioarg

ex-Assist Leagues Veteran
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 25, 2018
Overtake of the Week contest is back on the PS4 platform. Make sure to submit one of your best overtake of the Belgian GP here !

NXGN_EnvoyXtreme

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 20, 2018
Damn it. Clip front tyre as headed to pits and lost a wheel. Had wing damage from turn 1 but was minor but enough to cause a lot of undereteer. Better luck next week.

iamburbs

Semi-Pro Karter
May 20, 2018
Good race everyone.

I qualified 3rd and finished the race 4th, so quite pleased for my first race.

I had been planning to start on the super soft tyres, and did my first flying lap on them which put me 7th. However, from the lap times I thought I could get third on the ultra so changed strategy.

The race was pretty uneventful on the whole. I got slightly too deep into 1 relative to the Williams cars on the front row at the start. I had a minor bang of wheels with 1 of them out of T1. I thought it best to back out slightly to untangle our wheels and let them go through eau rouge unhindered.

After that I plodded round in 3rd for quite a while. Not a lot happened in the first stint. The Williams guys were quicker than me and pulled a 5 second gap or so. I waited til lap 6 to pit to avoid traffic. That worked quite well. However, I was really slow on the soft tyres. I could see I could stop again without losing 4th so decided to do that for supers. I was partially hoping the car in 3rd (sorry I forget names) was one stopping for softs, but they were 2 stopping for supers. I couldn’t catch them and finished about 5 secs behind. I maintained the gap to the car behind as well so finished in a clear piece of track.

Certainly I did better than I was expecting before the race started.

Reactions: Paddyjamie

Lewis Young

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jul 30, 2017
Good race everyone.

I qualified 3rd and finished the race 4th, so quite pleased for my first race.

I had been planning to start on the super soft tyres, and did my first flying lap on them which put me 7th. However, from the lap times I thought I could get third on the ultra so changed strategy.

The race was pretty uneventful on the whole. I got slightly too deep into 1 relative to the Williams cars on the front row at the start. I had a minor bang of wheels with 1 of them out of T1. I thought it best to back out slightly to untangle our wheels and let them go through eau rouge unhindered.

After that I plodded round in 3rd for quite a while. Not a lot happened in the first stint. The Williams guys were quicker than me and pulled a 5 second gap or so. I waited til lap 6 to pit to avoid traffic. That worked quite well. However, I was really slow on the soft tyres. I could see I could stop again without losing 4th so decided to do that for supers. I was partially hoping the car in 3rd (sorry I forget names) was one stopping for softs, but they were 2 stopping for supers. I couldn’t catch them and finished about 5 secs behind. I maintained the gap to the car behind as well so finished in a clear piece of track.

Certainly I did better than I was expecting before the race started.
You done really well this week, especially as it was your first race. I was so nervous towards the end as if I made any mistakes you would’ve caught up and applied pressure to me. Congrats on a good first race and congrats again to everyone who finished!