PS4 - Round 8 - French Grand Prix - 2nd December 2018 [8:00pm (UK time)] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 8 - French Grand Prix - 2nd December 2018 [8:00pm (UK time)]

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Round 8 - French Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 2nd December 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit Paul Ricard
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Going to be a very interesting race. Haven't done a single lap on this circuit. Love learning new circuits though!

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Had a quick drive round last night for first time. Looks like a track where you can gain so much from cutting just enough of a corner without getting a penalty.

F1Scotgolf

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
i will start this week off saying this track is a pile of rubbish as a cockpit view user t1is uter pish i cant see the corner at all untill im running over the painted lines off the track and im 2 seconds slower not got high expectations of points round here :(

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
i will start this week off saying this track is a pile of rubbish as a cockpit view user t1is uter pish i cant see the corner at all untill im running over the painted lines off the track and im 2 seconds slower not got high expectations of points round here :(
Even in T-cam turn 1 is pish, tried your set up last night and it seemed quite good, @danio time is rapid though!

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Notice to all drivers!

For the upcoming race in France, the time of day will be set to "Midday" rather than 'Official.' Directive from the AOR higher-ups. Reason being the 'Official' time of day looks more like sunset rather than real-life conditions. Also, the lighting makes the track very difficult to see and shiny, which murders spectating and the streams.

Tagging @Limaro Fipama and @danio as they are our hosts.

I'll also post on the PSN chat. Thanks!

danio

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 8, 2017
My time is not the best. I did only a couple of laps there and I did not expect being there so quick. I did not cut any corner as far as I remember but you can have a look it by setting my time as ghost. I will probably run faster there but if this will be consistent enough for race?! Hmm will see. I did not expect dnf in Canadain such a foolish mistake so hopefully France brings me some points but reality may be different again for me.

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Notice to all drivers!

For the upcoming race in France, the time of day will be set to "Midday" rather than 'Official.' Directive from the AOR higher-ups. Reason being the 'Official' time of day looks more like sunset rather than real-life conditions. Also, the lighting makes the track very difficult to see and shiny, which murders spectating and the streams.

Tagging @Limaro Fipama and @danio as they are our hosts.

I'll also post on the PSN chat. Thanks!
Yay, I’ll be able to see turn 1 now!

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
I’m beginning to like this track, once you get into a rhythm it’s good fun. The pit entry is a bit dodgy though.

Reactions: F1Scotgolf

Carbon

F1 Multiple Champion
Jul 4, 2016
I’m beginning to like this track, once you get into a rhythm it’s good fun. The pit entry is a bit dodgy though.
Agreed, I'm pleasantly suprised at my pace though, first time on the game in a few weeks plus on a completely new track and already on the pace. I'll take that ;)

Last edited:

louielouie50

Formula Karter
Sep 13, 2018
Yeah it's pretty good once you get focused, can properly throw the car through the corners. I just need to be careful not to drop it engine braking in the final sector.

Wesley3071

Pro Karter
Sep 16, 2017
Apologies, I had to renew my PSN membership to join lobby but had forgotten my password and it locked me out :mad::mad:

F1Scotgolf

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
@waddles what a way to rejoin the track buddy

got screwed over 3 times by my team mates car :( he crashed i got yellow flag i over take him then have to slam on the brakes next he pitted i was just coming in jeff told me to go round again then blue flag means move out the way not block the racing line

Carbon

F1 Multiple Champion
Jul 4, 2016
@waddles what a way to rejoin the track buddy

got screwed over 3 times by my team mates car :( he crashed i got yellow flag i over take him then have to slam on the brakes next he pitted i was just coming in jeff told me to go round again then blue flag means move out the way not block the racing line
What are you on about Scott?

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Quali P4 ruined by invalidations on both SS runs and the end starting on ultras and up on the terrible 2 stop strategy.

Race P8 was a mixture of bad strategy, getting mixed up in tangles and all round bad driving. Just a terrible day, this should’ve been a race win. Congrats to @JimiRäikkönen on your first win (y)

F1Scotgolf

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
What are you on about Scott?

on lap 4 or 5 you went off the track on the last corner and rejoined in a dangerous maner i had to go over the kerb on last corner to miss you trying to get my view on it but youtube being slow