edit: live stream caught the final positions, problem solved

DOTD poll is up.

Last edited:

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
Q:
My lap was really poor. First two sectors is unhealthy to watch for me, but managed to gain back a few tenths in the final sector.

Race:
The second attempt on the formation laps worked pretty smoothly from what I could see. I was behind @Bcolt93 until he made a slight mistake into T1 which I took advantage off and passed him. Next up was teammate @Nico and had to make a harder overtake on the inside into T1. Was slightly worried that we would be "glued" together with each other but he backed off a bit which I'm thankful for. Slightly too aggressive move from me I'm afraid. Did then catch up to the front train but didn't overtake anyone of them. @Andrei Codreanu and @oljoca pitted but my tires were no where near dead yet so I saw my chance to keep up with @TyranoTigger taking advantage of the DRS and slipstream. Surprisingly he pitted at Lap 11 which made me take the decision to do a one stopper as an optimistic attempt to actually challenge for the win. Making the tires last wasn't even hard for me, it was just a question of how much time I will lose. Went in at lap 16 and came out behind @Sean B and @Andrei Codreanu. Sean made a mistake at the last corner so it was just an easy pass for me. My overtake on Andrei was through T1 taking the outside line which gave me the inside line and DRS towards T2. Missed my braking points slightly on the inside but managed to keep 2nd place through T4 to T5. Also slightly too aggressive move from me but it wasn't really on purpose. Tom then came out on fresh options infront of me on worn primes and race over pretty much.

Now I've basically repeated everything that you saw in the coverage stream but whatever. I got to say though, that I just can't understand how it's possible to be as quick as Tom. I mean, I think I'm doing perfect laps sometimes but then I see him going 1,5 seconds faster. He beat me in quali on f*cking primes. :mad: Someone should check him out...

Highlights:

Reactions: Bcolt93

oljoca

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 19, 2016
after doing 20.2s to 20.6s in practice, the aor nerves got to me as per. really could've done with getting on pole as i felt as if i was held up a lot by the nature of this track and the infamous title of monaco without barriers. my strategy was okay but in hindsight i would've ran a two stop if i qualified on pole. a lot of motivation was depleting after the continuous restarts but i suppose that goes for everyone. glad to have achieved my second podium hopefully more to come.

p.s i witnessed a LOT of collisions between drivers. if anyone needs an extra point of view just watch my upcoming highlights video, i will be sure to include them. link will be in here soon.

TyranoTigger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Now I've basically repeated everything that you saw in the coverage stream but whatever. I got to say though, that I just can't understand how it's possible to be as quick as Tom. I mean, I think I'm doing perfect laps sometimes but then I see him going 1,5 seconds faster. He beat me in quali on f*cking primes. :mad: Someone should check him out...
[/MEDIA]
I did say this was my best track :happy:

Anyway don't get too down. I have been in the same situation as you once upon a time. Don't look at it as being 1.5 seconds down. Look at it like this. Hungary has 14 corners so even if you are losing 1.5 seconds that is around a tenth per corner. That is nothing. You only have to make a small improvement as a driver to find that whether its braking a tiny bit later or just being on the power harder and faster. Even buying a better set of pedals for example can find you that time. I'm not unbeatable and there are quite a few people just as fast as me, or even faster on this game. It just takes a lot of practice to get near to the top times.

Its also worth saying that I have a lot more experience than most drivers in this league so its always going to be easier for me to go to a track and be fast straight away because I already know the best lines for every corner. This advantage will be reduced near the end of the season because there are quite a few tracks I really dislike and have never practised for properly.

Reactions: Jthorn97

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
What can I say about this race? Surprised and disappointed at the same.
Surprised about the pole position, with only practicing 15-20 minutes but also the quite good pace in the first race, where I didn't have any traction issues, so with a 2s gap to Desimpele and the rest of the field losing time due to battling each other, there were very good chances to at least finish in 2nd, if Tyranno would have made very good option stints.
Unfortunately I am disappointed about the mass disconnection and the restart, which brought up technical issues for me. My PS4 restarted twice, after the failed restart attempt (what happened even?! o_O ), due to 'database corrupt' errors. Only with the trick to start the game first and then accept the invitation, I could join.:confused:
The problem here is, that my t300 wheel needs to be calibrated with driving 2-3 Quali sessions (30-45 mins), in order to function best, but at least 1 session before, in order to press several times the pedals and get ouf of the 0-100% power glitch. Going directly into the race, was the horror (just check the race start for the formation laps lol) . That is why I do make at least 1-2 quali sessions before the joining the lobby, without plugging out the wheel (restarting the game doesn't affect the wheel), even if a quali session just means driving out for one lap and that's it. Sounds weird, but that's how it works best.:shifty:
With this, I struggled bad all race long, except the last stint, where my fastest time was still 2nd best, so the only thing is to hope that some stupid penalties get removed and have at least the podium, cause I had to take a shower after the race, due do being forced to sweat-defend all race long against everybody on track.:nailbiting:
Sorry to all for building up such trains, but I hope it can be understood, that track position was my only chance, with driving on a wheel that behaved very weird and unresponsive.

Nico

2-time AOR Rally League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Q 5th: Ok lap, shame that i never can get near my practice times when it matters :(

First 9 laps was going great. Was in a close train with Thorn, Tigger, oljoca and Des i believe.
Everyone in front of me braked nice and early for the 2nd sector chicane, except for me.
Went strait into the back of my teammate and lost my front wing :arghh:.
Pretty lonely race after that.
Small incident with @Desimpele in turn 1, we made contact and i did a few donuts on the grass.

On lap 28 @Bcolt93 locked up in turn 1, and as a result i got knocked off track and intothebarrier.
No hard feelings m8, it happens. Probably some lag involved as well.
1 whole lap without a front wing + an extra pitstop would have put me well over a lap down so i retired the race.

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
Q 5th: Ok lap, shame that i never can get near my practice times when it matters :(

First 9 laps was going great. Was in a close train with Thorn, Tigger, oljoca and Des i believe.
Everyone in front of me braked nice and early for the 2nd sector chicane, except for me.
Went strait into the back of my teammate and lost my front wing :arghh:.
Pretty lonely race after that.
Small incident with @Desimpele in turn 1, we made contact and i did a few donuts on the grass.

On lap 28 @Bcolt93 locked up in turn 1, and as a result i got knocked off track and intothebarrier.
No hard feelings m8, it happens. Probably some lag involved as well.
1 whole lap without a front wing + an extra pitstop would have put me well over a lap down so i retired the race.
No contact on my screen I'm afraid, I even thought that oljoca spun you around, you want to see the footage? :)

Sean B

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 6, 2015
From my view the racing last night was excellent - all incidents appear to have been minor and due to PSN

XBOX is looking better and better...

Nico

2-time AOR Rally League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
No contact on my screen I'm afraid, I even thought that oljoca spun you around, you want to see the footage? :)
No need m8, i believe you. Was just a small touch on my screen, but i was on the inside cerb witch did not help in any way haha.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
we'll see what happens with 2016, from what i remember the lag wasn't too bad at the start of the mini season, then they went are screwed everything up with that November patch

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
The lag has actually improved over the patches, but it's just that desync issue they introduced, but you can be sure they know of that :banghead:

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
The lag has actually improved over the patches, but it's just that desync issue they introduced, but you can be sure they know of that :banghead:
top man. i remember back at the start of the mini season we use to actually gain positions on the starts through skill, not massive amounts of desync.