Jan 30, 2015
Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 10th December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Driver Questions:

1. We head back to a proper racetrack for this round, having been mired in street circuits for the past few races. However, this is a unique circuit in itself with its extremely short laptime and lack of corners. How do you find these types of short lap circuits (Monaco, Canada, Austria), do you prefer the short and sweet intense blast or a longer lap?

2. We managed a rare dry qualifying and race last time out, but Austria can often throw some rain in. Now we're at a more traditional track again, would you hope for some rain?

3. As always, pole, podium and fastest lap?
Pole:
1)
2)
3)
FL:

To @Gamer_DA_best262: Having already taken a podium this season you took pole and your first win last time out, however your other results haven't been quite so fantastic. How do you plan to improve your consistency and what are you aiming for in the season now?

To @Ali Kidd: You had a shocker in Baku, and your rivals were able to close in on you in the title race. Will Austria provide more fruit for you?

To @Bcolt93: Are McLaren gonna score any points at any point this season?

Confirmed no-shows:

BigC_019

GP2 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2016
1. My points scoring at street tracks is pretty good in AOR even though they haven't brought me much success in my other league. I am happy to be back at some traditional tracks, and will enjoy practicing at them more than Baku.

2. No rain, ever.

Pole: @Shellay
1) @Ali Kidd
2) @Shellay
3) @SynTeTiC96
FL: @jake_lfc01

Gamer_DA_best262

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 20, 2016
1. We head back to a proper racetrack for this round, having been mired in street circuits for the past few races. However, this is a unique circuit in itself with its extremely short laptime and lack of corners. How do you find these types of short lap circuits (Monaco, Canada, Austria), do you prefer the short and sweet intense blast or a longer lap?

Probably not because the short track means the lap needs to be perfect. T1 track limits are also debatable.

2. We managed a rare dry qualifying and race last time out, but Austria can often throw some rain in. Now we're at a more traditional track again, would you hope for some rain?

Well kinda wanted rain last time but looking back on it I’m glad that it didn’t. Rain never really suits me tbh so would prefer dry conditions

Pole: @Ali Kidd
1)@Ali Kidd
2) syntetic
3) simo
FL: BigC following a wing loss

P.s I hate the bloody tags on this website I can never get them to pop up

To @Gamer_DA_best262: Having already taken a podium this season you took pole and your first win last time out, however your other results haven't been quite so fantastic. How do you plan to improve your consistency and what are you aiming for in the season now?

Definitely need to improve consistency but both of my good results this season have come from not doing any practice so that shows a lot really. I hope for some more decent results and possible end the championship in the top 10

• Funny
Reactions: BigC_019

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016

Depends on the track, austria is a short lap but the 2nd half of the lap is a blast to drive. Singapore is a long lap but its still a **** one

No

1) @SynTeTiC96
2) @Simo911
3) @Shellay
FL: @wooly51 after losing 4 front wings

Ollie_D631

S14 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 1, 2016
I prefer longer laps but i love Austria because it is fast and flowing.

I would not mind either condition to be honest. Hopefully i have the pace in both.
Pole: @Jthorn97
1) @Simo911
2) @BigshotP1ayerGR
3) @Ali Kidd
FL: @jake_lfc01
Its so difficult to predict in such a close league :D

wooly51

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014

Depends on the track, austria is a short lap but the 2nd half of the lap is a blast to drive. Singapore is a long lap but its still a **** one

No

1) @SynTeTiC96
2) @Simo911
3) @Shellay
FL: @wooly51 after losing 4 front wings
Managed to keep my front wing last night! First race in two months or something

SynTeTiC96

S15 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 14, 2017
I like both.

Rain would be interesting. This will be a difficult race, cause i only have half a day to prepare myself.

Pole: @Ali Kidd
1) @Ali Kidd
2) @BigshotP1ayerGR
3) @Aressi191
FL:

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
1. @XxCarrexX06 can you race tomorrow?

2. @clarky_110 are you able to host, bc Harry is abscent tomorrow, bc it seemed like you had connection issues in the last few races

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
ngl, i am very close to quit this season after tonight.... pathetic display from everyone in T1, the race has 36 laps....

• Faff
  • Funny
Reactions: CianG-4 and wooly51

wooly51

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
Season 13

Crap start to the season, find a car I can drive for Austria, get fucked at T1 and finish outside the points but hold positive thoughts. End up winning a race later on in the season

Season 14

Crap start to the season, find a car I can drive for Austria, get fucked at T1 and finish outside the points but hold positive thoughts. End up winning a race later on in the season...?

Turn 1 fucked me today though, what was all that about? Seemed like there were about 3 incidents. Had wing damage and had to two stop which led me to spend most if not all of my race behind Rc_Alonso and then David Greco, both of whom I was able to pass but I drove like a nonce late in the race once I realised no points were available.

@Bcolt93
For your reference

wooly51

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
meh, would have been enough for a Top 5 or at least some fun battles along the way and not being dead last after T1
If you had the pace for top 5 in those 35 other laps I would have won this race with everyone else on lap 33 :p.

I'm being positive though, I had good speed today. I was even half a second faster with my best lap than I was Tuesday!

Reactions: CianG-4

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
If you had the pace for top 5 in those 35 other laps I would have won this race with everyone else on lap 33 :p.

I'm being positive though, I had good speed today. I was even half a second faster with my best lap than I was Tuesday!

my SS were done and i way or may not have paused the game multiple times in temptation of a rage quit